Ohio rider

Stonefish

Looks like someone is running for office in Local 100.... and got some new software.

Only.... about a year too late.

Why try and sell the point here ??

Hit the street.... and talk to the members.

-Bug-

Really, hit the streets and give people false hope of getting this. You know it isn't going to happen and the people who are trying to spread this I'm guessing might just change their outlook if they get elected.

Stonefish

I think they have addressed what language (or parts) that they would like to see added to the Ohio Rider. (granted it needs to have all the legal & technical garb added but that's up to the Committee to do so) I don't think Local 100 expects to remain on the UPS plan. Teamcare is here but as we've already seen there can be more than 1 version of it.
That's number 1.
2. has been changed in the Central already.
3. There will be 22.3 jobs that come to our state. They will need to put some here.
4. Are they saying supervisors should do the work before the bargaining unit? If they use SVD drivers and there aren't any drivers on SVD then grieve the 30 in 90 and they will have to hire.
5. Would be nice but the National passed and we the members agreed to it. Can't change it now.
6. Language is already there.
7. The BA should be making that happen now.
8. Not a contractual issue.
9. Who is going to pay for that and who decides if the case should be pursued or not and what are the liabilities if they don't move forward with the case.
10. It is in there you voted on it. Read it.

InsideUPS

Since we have a unrealistic wish list let me throw a few things out there:
Make supervisors self report they violate the contract and pay without a grievance.
Stewards have their own offices
Showers for the drivers with a towel warmer for when we're done.
The employer can not implement any new technology for the life of the agreement.
If a company across the street from my building in Cincy is on strike we don't have to work and get paid.
No driver has to pay for any package that is lost or damaged regardless of how it happened.
The company can never contest a comp claim they just pay them all.
All ADA accommodations are granted within 10 business days.
Unlimited number of DUI's or rehabs.
If I have a payroll shortage the penalty is the a minimum of the amount of shortage each week.
The company can no longer rail packages.
Pension is $10,000 per month for full-time and part-time employees.
If a supervisor harasses you they're fired.
Delete Article 40 in it's entirety.
Top rate of pay after you attain seniority.
UPS pays for my socks.
No more over 70's.

Just a few things on my wish list I was hoping the boys in 100 can get for us. Thanking you in advance.

UPSSanta.jpg

Santa drives a Big Brown Truck - YouTube
UPSSanta.jpg

InsideUPS

​Those were good ones

From the first moment I watched the "Local 100" wish list slide presentation..... I thought of it as a "Christmas Wish List". It was your post.....outlined as a "wish" list that inspired me to Google "UPS Santa"...

Since we're on a Christmas theme......I have a feeling that Local 100 will be getting a Lump-Of-Coal-Cachette.jpg for christmas....
Lump-Of-Coal-Cachette.jpg

Stonefish

From the first moment I watched the "Local 100" wish list slide presentation..... I thought of it as a "Christmas Wish List". It was your post.....outlined as a "wish" list that inspired me to Google "UPS Santa"...

Since we're on a Christmas theme......I have a feeling that Local 100 will be getting a View attachment 10431 for christmas....

I almost spit my coffee all over the place. That was hilarious.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So I guess the preferable option is to sit on our hands, do nothing, ask for nothing and take what we already have while the Ohio Rider again is sent out in its present, unchanged form?
Why is it not prudent to ask for consideration on specific issues that concern us all?
Believe me or don't, but nobody has sold this petition as a guarantee for substantial gains.
Nobody has given anybody false hope that we will achieve any or all of the ten points.
We simply claim that if we ask for nothing, that is likely what we will get.

Inthegame

So I guess the preferable option is to sit on our hands, do nothing, ask for nothing and take what we already have while the Ohio Rider again is sent out in its present, unchanged form?
Why is it not prudent to ask for consideration on specific issues that concern us all?
Believe me or don't, but nobody has sold this petition as a guarantee for substantial gains.
Nobody has given anybody false hope that we will achieve any or all of the ten points.
Go for it. Push hard and be ready to settle on one or two of your "suggestions". With the insane 4yr progression, I'd love to see #5 where each day a "single" day cover driver worked would reduce their progression time. That would solve several issues by making the single day coverage list more attractive, which in turn would give more PKG guys a needed day off, and train the next generation of drivers. Win Win Win.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Looks like someone is running for office in Local 100.... and got some new software.

The person who made the video presentation did it on their own accord and isn't running for anything in the upcoming local election.
I wish I knew how to make something like that.

Only.... about a year too late.

???

Why try and sell the point here ??

Why not here???
Why not everywhere???
Facebook,etc

Hit the street.... and talk to the members.

Got over 500 signatures and should have at least 1000 when we're done.

-Bug-

What if other locals do the same?

Stonefish

Sit on your hands. No way.
It is prudent to ask for specific issues that are realistic and attainable concerning everyone. But I would guess no-one asked for anything put in your petition during the time proposals were being submitted.
Believe me or not the information you are asking for is giving the impression it is attainable by continuing to vote no. The master has no power over Regional Supplements or Riders is an inaccurate statement. Your 1-10 petition is not realistic or attainable and some even not contractual (8 and 9). If you asked for something relevant to the Ohio Rider you could possibly get it.

Your petition does not say it's a guarantee but it is very misleading and you should start now getting use to being honest with members and not leading them in the wrong direction.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It is prudent to ask for specific issues that are realistic and attainable concerning everyone. But I would guess no-one asked for anything put in your petition during the time proposals were being submitted.
Believe me or not the information you are asking for is giving the impression it is attainable by continuing to vote no. The master has no power over Regional Supplements or Riders is an inaccurate statement. Your 1-10 petition is not realistic or attainable and some even not contractual (8 and 9). If you asked for something relevant to the Ohio Rider you could possibly get it.

Your petition does not say it's a guarantee but it is very misleading and you should start now getting use to being honest with members and not leading them in the wrong direction.

Most everything being asked for is in reaction to concessions, with the exception of 8 and 9 which are pipe dreams most likely.
10 is a nice round number.
The room full of people that took the time to come to a meeting, on a Saturday afternoon, compiled the concerns outlined in the petition.
They never imagined that the Ohio Rider Committee would take it as literally as you have, nor did they believe the verbiage was designed to be final and binding.
The person who made the video presentation isn't running for anything, but I applaud their efforts.
The intent was for the petition to show the committee that we are still paying attention and intend to continue to ask for the best contract possible.
So, until the door is all of the way shut, we will continue to push.

Stonefish

Most everything being asked for is in reaction to concessions, with the exception of 8 and 9 which are pipe dreams most likely.
10 is a nice round number.
The room full of people that took the time to come to a meeting, on a Saturday afternoon, compiled the concerns outlined in the petition.
They never imagined that the Ohio Rider Committee would take it as literally as you have, nor did they believe the verbiage was designed to be final and binding.
The person who made the video presentation isn't running for anything, but I applaud their efforts.
The intent was for the petition to show the committee that we are still paying attention and intend to continue to ask for the best contract possible.
So, until the door is all of the way shut, we will continue to push.

​Put down the pipe B. The whole room must have passed it around

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
4. Are they saying supervisors should do the work before the bargaining unit? If they use SVD drivers and there aren't any drivers on SVD then grieve the 30 in 90 and they will have to hire.

They are saying we already have language on supervisors working, so we don't need new language for the company to disguise their abuse of part timers doing ground work.
They're saying they want to see the SDV driver and the grievant paid time and a half when they violate.
​That would put an end to it and we already had the language to support it.
So are you saying you support 29 would be violations every 90 days?
I'm guessing that nobody is more mad than the air drivers who will now be losing violation hours to SDV drivers.
How successful have those air drivers been grieving 30 in 90?

Last edited:
C

chuchu

I don't think some of the things on the list were brought up during proposal meetings because we didn't know we were going to lose them. Do we have to bar-b-q everyone who has a different opinion on brown cafe? If they suceed, we all get blessed. Thank you guys in local 100 for trying.

Stonefish

I don't think some of the things on the list were brought up during proposal meetings because we didn't know we were going to lose them. Do we have to bar-b-q everyone who has a different opinion on brown cafe? If they suceed, we all get blessed. Thank you guys in local 100 for trying.

None of the things on the list were brought up at our proposal meeting. It's ok for some to voice thier opinions but when others do its a BBQ?

​no one knows what's going to happens in negotiations.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Since we're on a Christmas theme......I have a feeling that Local 100 will be getting a View attachment 10431 for christmas....

Look closely, that isn't really a lump of coal.
​Perhaps it is hiding a diamond in the ruff?