Ok, a real stress reliever. What helps.

StoptheAct1212

I dont get stressed much, job is easy to me, but we all get moments.

My best ways to deal with it....

-- Stop for a minute and just take a deep breath. It actually helps..

-- look at a picture of my Son and im all cleared up.

And stay on topic, i know one of you bozo guys will be talking about some other stuff...

Pooter

Well I am going to give you (my) most powerful stress reliever based on my own experience. I will say I have always been a space nerd and have always been fascinated by the universe. If I would have applied myself better in school I would have loved to be anyway involved in astronomy, but I cared very little for school and chose the path of hard work to pay the bills. So I will just lay out a few small facts that have had a big impact on how I view the world...

So we live on Earth which to us may seem big, 8,000 miles in width. But the Earth is just one of 8 (used to be 9, sorry Pluto. But they hypothesize about another 9th planet again) revolving around a star, our sun. The sun is your average red star, but it is still massive compared to the size of the Earth. You can fit 1.3 million Earths inside of the sun... To me that is amazing to think about!

Lets take it a step further. Our solar system is part of the Milky Way galaxy, and our sun is one of the estimated 100 to 400 BILLION stars just within our own galaxy!!! It is estimated that there are more stars in our galaxy than there are grains of sand on the entire Earth! That is as unimaginable amount of stars which could host Trillions of habitable planets.

Wanna go a bit deeper....Well the Milky Way is just one of 100-500 BILLION galaxies in the observable universe. I can't even come up with an estimate of how many stars and planets that is, but it's too many for the human mind to comprehend. There are probably BILLIONS of more galaxies out there but our telescopes just can't see that far.

On top of that, there are unproved theories that we might just be one of possibly infinite universes! That means it is mathematically improbable for ANYTHING to be impossible in the universe. In one universe you could win the powerball lottery one million trillion times IN A ROW. There could be a universe where everyone was born 100% identical. ETC.... The possibilities are literally endless!

Finally my point... Why let something so stupid and so insignificant as a job, supervisor, commit time, etc, make you stress out so much? You are a sextillienth of a quintillienth of a grain of sand on the grand scheme of things. Our problems are virtually non-existent. Just remember you get a finite amount of time on this insignificant rock we call Earth before you die. Make the most of it and try your best not to let the little things bother you. Enjoy as much of your limited time as possible!

Anytime I'm really stressed out, sad, or just in a bad mood... I just remember I'm on a rock 8,000 miles wide, traveling 67,000mph, around a giant ball of fire thats 9,000 degress friend, in a galaxy that has more stars in it than grains of sand on the entire Earth, which is only one of potentially TRILLIONS of galaxies in the universe, which could be one of infinite universes... It's a humbling thought to have and it really puts things into perspective for me and I hope it can do the same for some of you

Tl;dr: space stuff :censored2:

oldupsman

I dont get stressed much, job is easy to me, but we all get moments.

My best ways to deal with it....

-- Stop for a minute and just take a deep breath. It actually helps..

-- look at a picture of my Son and im all cleared up.

And stay on topic, i know one of you bozo guys will be talking about some other stuff...

When it would happen to me, I had a state park
on the route so I would park the car and take a walk. 5 minutes just to clear my head and take a breath.
Always helped.

J

jibbs

in a galaxy that has more stars in it than grains of sand on the entire Earth, which is only one of potentially TRILLIONS of galaxies in the universe, which could be one of infinite universes..

Kind of a derail, but there are actually more trees on Earth than there are estimated stars in our galaxy (not universe, just the Milky Way.) Something about trillions being more than billions or something like that. I'm curious how grains of sand would actually compare, even though both would be rough estimates.

I agree with your whole sentiment but I just learned that a few days ago and figured I'd drop some trivia right here.

km3

Reflect on the fact that you're in a union that doesn't recognize performance bull:censored2:, and go about your work in a calm, collected manner. Follow the methods and be safe.

rod

Retired 22 years
If I had any stress I would go for a motorcycle ride or just go out to my workshop and fix something. Just staring out the window at the Mississippi flowing by works too or watching the birds at the feeder.

rod

Retired 22 years
The temperature is up to 40 so today I'm going to watch snow melt (much more exciting than watching paint dry). Then this afternoon I'm going to a smelt feed.