Ok this contract is done

burco8080

Hypothetically the next contract will take care of the 22.4 employees give them the money and protection that the rest of full time have. Is this what the negotiation committee is thinking??

Box Ox

It will also eliminate some part time jobs. Plus they winwo be getting all of those initiation fees they get from the newbies that work here a few months and quit.

And they get desperately needed full time pension contributions for 22.4 drivers who have almost no chance of making it to retirement and needing to be paid back back out of the pension funds.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It will also eliminate some part time jobs. Plus they winwo be getting all of those initiation fees they get from the newbies that work here a few months and quit.
I believe thesev22.4 jobs will have a high turnover.... let it be known that small buildings that don’t run much on Saturday’s or have a deep list for unassigned drivers will probably not Be seeing many of these jobs....I could honestly see ups try to use these 22.4 jobs then realize that having to put more people on the road and having to pay into many more ft pensions and healthcare was probably not a good idea... just wait and see... think they just like having the “ability” to use these folks if need be... and then you have them bumping back into the hub along with cover drivers who are unassigned and they would have to pay them to do that....

I believe thesev22.4 jobs will have a high turnover.... let it be known that small buildings that don’t run much on Saturday’s or have a deep list for unassigned drivers will probably not Be seeing many of these jobs....I could honestly see ups try to use these 22.4 jobs then realize that having to put more people on the road and having to pay into many more ft pensions and healthcare was probably not a good idea... just wait and see... think they just like having the “ability” to use these folks if need be... and then you have them bumping back into the hub along with cover drivers who are unassigned and they would have to pay them to do that....
You know they will find a way to abuse this. It won't be good for anybody.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This contract has many issues.....our local meeting last Sunday was just a circle jerk to say the least. Part timers wages is a joke. Loader starting today will basically be making what one hired five years from now will be. Who signed off on that? 22.4 drivers, not a concern for me.....hell we can’t keep drivers at our top scale as it is let alone shaving 10 dollars off of it. What really irritates me is that clerks basically make what drivers make. It’s hard enough to stomach the idea of a national pay scale but if our pay is supposed to be a representation of our job duties, there’s no way in hell we’re the same. Anyhow I could go on but this contract is a joke and it’s the union who has failed us......not UPS!!!!