Old-ish Guy Looking for Encouragement

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Great advice, IF HE HAD A CDL AND GOING FEEDERS, NOT PACKAGE !!!!!!!

giphy.gif
I did do a little package and worked in the building unloading trailers when things slowed way down because of the strike.

He did say he needed to lose about 20 pounds. Unloading trailers will help that.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I did do a little package and worked in the building unloading trailers when things slowed way down because of the strike.

He did say he needed to lose about 20 pounds. Unloading trailers will help that.

Ummm, we reading the same thread ??
Nowhere does it say anything about him unloading trailers.
He's already working hard inside and +20.
You really have no idea what goes on at UPS !

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Ummm, we reading the same thread ??
Nowhere does it say anything about him unloading trailers.
He's already working hard inside and +20.
You really have no idea what goes on at UPS !
I haven't read every post. and maybe it is another thread.

sorry. no need to attack me. I did work for UPS for almost 23 years. 99% feeders so you're a little right. I don't know so much about building and package work.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'm 6'5 280 pounds of chewed bubble gum...I'm sure you're in better shape than me...this job is as much mental as it is physical...you will get used to it after a while....I wear an Alabama undershirt everyday I suggest you do the same...roll...damn...tide

Indecisi0n

I'm 36 years old, currently a part-timer with aspirations of driving package cars and eventually feeders. I expect to get an opportunity to drive sometime in 2018.

Only a handful of my coworkers are working towards becoming drivers, but of course they're all in their early 20's. Sometimes I have doubts about my plans and whether or not my body will be able to hack it over the long haul.

I'm hoping to hear experiences from guys that started later like me. Or perhaps you work with a dude who's still kicking ass well into his 50's?

Can anyone offer some encouragement?
Do you have a tight body?

Nolimitz

started driving for FedEx off the street at 53. Will be 60 in Dec. In my first week one dude asked "aint you a bit long in the tooth to be starting this?" One's gotta eat to live.