Old-ish Guy Looking for Encouragement

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I'll remember that tomorrow morning when the 32 year driver comes into the office complaining about his 9.3 dispatch and two air stops 4 blocks away.
Got Damn right. No reason in hell a 32 year vet should have by your "numbers" a 9.3 dispatch. In real life that's probably 11.3. You got young guys out the ass in progression making peanuts. No reason to load up us vets. D*

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is that because you started to sag too much at your previous job?
th

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Got Damn right. No reason in hell a 32 year vet should have by your "numbers" a 9.3 dispatch. In real life that's probably 11.3. You got young guys out the ass in progression making peanuts. No reason to load up us vets. D*
I'm not giving one guy a 12 hour dispatch and another an 8 just because you have 32 years. If you don't like well, I don't know what to tell you.

DOK

I'm 36 years old, currently a part-timer with aspirations of driving package cars and eventually feeders. I expect to get an opportunity to drive sometime in 2018.

Only a handful of my coworkers are working towards becoming drivers, but of course they're all in their early 20's. Sometimes I have doubts about my plans and whether or not my body will be able to hack it over the long haul.

I'm hoping to hear experiences from guys that started later like me. Or perhaps you work with a dude who's still kicking ass well into his 50's?

Can anyone offer some encouragement?
Just follow the methods and you'll enjoy a long career. It's the mental aspect of working for this company that is the tough part.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I'm not giving one guy a 12 hour dispatch and another an 8 just because you have 32 years. If you don't like well, I don't know what to tell you.
I do know what to tell you. .. it shove it up your a.. I'll stay out till the fk..n cows come home and make $400 in a day then ya :censored2:. You need to learn who will run there balls off and make company $$ and who is gonna shove it up ur as.

Box Ox

It's in the contract. Don't be afraid to fight

I'm not the youngest. I'm big, sexy looking and haven't yet developed a limp. But I'm definitely physically feeling the daily overload.

How much should I argue should be taken off of me when I sit down with everybody?