Older FT supes getting passed over for promotions by kids with only 3 years experience

Bamboozled

giphy.gif
Chances of being a ft sup in operations out of college and if not how long would I be at pt sup?

It depends if your diversity fits an HR shortfall category. So another words if you are a white male it might be a while....Unless you are over 6ft then the Peter Principle kicks in...

Chances of being a ft sup in operations out of college and if not how long would I be at pt sup?
I have seen PT sups promoted to FT after just a few years and I have seen most PT sups stuck forever as PT. Of course the ones never promoted will tell you they would never want to deal with the BS of a FT sup or manager. I believe them.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
View attachment 278646

It depends if your diversity fits an HR shortfall category. So another words if you are a white male it might be a while....Unless you are over 6ft then the Peter Principle kicks in...
Short white males tend to do good ,too. I know one guy who couldn't reach the top shelf with a load stand. He moved up pretty high in IE. He didnt have enough sense to get out of the rain. Numerous other 5 foot nothing's moved to center manager. Just put your race as "leprechaun" and see how high you can fly. The little man syndrome is strong at ups.

Short white males tend to do good ,too. I know one guy who couldn't reach the top shelf with a load stand. He moved up pretty high in IE. He didnt have enough sense to get out of the rain. Numerous other 5 foot nothing's moved to center manager. Just put your race as "leprechaun" and see how high you can fly. The little man syndrome is strong at ups.
Not sure where the height thing comes in, but I have noticed most managers do not want to promote anyone smarter then themselves. Sort of like evolution in reverse.

Dr.Brownz

I notice a lot of older supes with 10 to 20 yrs are getting passed over for manager promotions by kids that are only 3 years in. Is there a corporate mandate to skip over supes that have paid their dues over kids.

Oh this corrupt :censored2: organization is doing this? I'm shocked!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

The problem with this post is the statement around “paid their dues”. That doesn’t earn you a promotion. Go out and earn it. Perhaps the company is looking for forward thinkers and not those that have been going through the motions and think they deserve the manager job because they’ve been with the company longer. Tenure doesn’t make you a better leader.

"Going through the motions" describes my management team. We had one good on road sup 4 years ago and corporate picked him off. Our one good PT sups spirit has been crushed and no we have no good management anywhere. Oh well let the swamp fester

“Diversity & Inclusion”
I have literally been in meetings in which HR demanded a certain demographic fill an open position. When none of us could think of an even remotely qualified candidate, they picked a brand new (3 weeks on the job) P/T sup for the position (of course they had 2 other Caucasian candidates to make it look fair.....

Popeye

I have literally been in meetings in which HR demanded a certain demographic fill an open position. When none of us could think of an even remotely qualified candidate, they picked a brand new (3 weeks on the job) P/T sup for the position (of course they had 2 other Caucasian candidates to make it look fair.....

No doubt that’s how UPSER1987 got his job.