On call

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I would get in the sups grill and wouldn't mind doing it in a split second but seeing as how I signed a peice of paper agreeing to seasonal work I think it's best to keep my mouth closed until I can join the union..good idea huh?

Get right up in the Sups face
and demand some answers
Why beat around the bush?

By The Book

I would get in the sups grill and wouldn't mind doing it in a split second but seeing as how I signed a peice of paper agreeing to seasonal work I think it's best to keep my mouth closed until I can join the union..good idea huh?
I've been an employee over 25 years and I so want to say you don't have ups all figured out like you think you do. However when you opened up your mind and said I think it's best to keep my mouth closed..... Well that statement was spot on.

HardknocksUPSer

I've been an employee over 25 years and I so want to say you don't have ups all figured out like you think you do. However when you opened up your mind and said I think it's best to keep my mouth closed..... Well that statement was spot on.
Welll alll I've noticed so far is manipulation, more mind games, unfairness, along with treating employees like numbers not people there's not much more I can figure out about what I've seen so far, they talk about saving money all the time but they spend more money by doing crazy things like paying a person 30$ and hr to do a job I could do for 11$hr it just doesn't make sense, but I'm patient and try to play my cards right.

By The Book

But as stated before I do like working there because I enjoy the fellow employees, and the money as well as the fast environment.
It's a production company that uses a union workforce by seniority to do the work. It's worked for all involved over 100 years. They UPS are doing a lot of things right. We all scratch our heads sometimes over why this or why that.

UPSGUY72

Welll alll I've noticed so far is manipulation, more mind games, unfairness, along with treating employees like numbers not people there's not much more I can figure out about what I've seen so far, they talk about saving money all the time but they spend more money by doing crazy things like paying a person 30$ and hr to do a job I could do for 11$hr it just doesn't make sense, but I'm patient and try to play my cards right.

First if you looking to work a job that UPS pays in't employees $30 +an hr for $11 go work for Fed Ex than maybe it will make more sense to you.

Next your still wet behind so shut your mouth and listen. Your not the next best thing to sliced bread as you think you are. It appears from what your say your a PT seasonal employee, that being said you have no seniority over anyone even those seasonal employees that where hired after you. They could hire some one off the street tomorrow and replace you and you couldn't do anything about it. I know your a seasonal because permanent employees do call in to see if they are needed they show up and request there guaranteed hours.

The PT employees you speak of that drove during peak and are no returning to there permanent PT jobs have every right to those jobs back.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
A steward is an hourly employee who takes you and your problem to a member of management for a resolution. Then if you have been wronged it can be made right.
Well not exactly, but close enough I suppose.

Stewards are advocates for members. They represent you, investigate potential grievances, stop management behavior that is not in your best interest or violates the contract and are extremely under-appreciated.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why? Cause I signed that little peice of paper telling him I'm his B for the whole peak season and however long he decides to keep me after that lol
Exactly....you are entitled to nothing. Not to mentioned you are/were a misload problem child....why do you think the other seasonal is working and you're on-call?

HardknocksUPSer

Exactly....you are entitled to nothing. Not to mentioned you are/were a misload problem child....why do you think the other seasonal is working and you're on-call?
Lololol I come from such a terrible background as a child, misloads are just sooo sooo aweful haha... I haven't had but 4 misloads in 3 weeks since that time.

HardknocksUPSer

First if you looking to work a job that UPS pays in't employees $30 +an hr for $11 go work for Fed Ex than maybe it will make more sense to you.

Next your still wet behind so shut your mouth and listen. Your not the next best thing to sliced bread as you think you are. It appears from what your say your a PT seasonal employee, that being said you have no seniority over anyone even those seasonal employees that where hired after you. They could hire some one off the street tomorrow and replace you and you couldn't do anything about it. I know your a seasonal because permanent employees do call in to see if they are needed they show up and request there guaranteed hours.

The PT employees you speak of that drove during peak and are no returning to there permanent PT jobs have every right to those jobs back.
You must be one of those drivers who runs into the center out of the parking lot because start times in 1 minute lol, just bustin your balls, on a serious note, Nahh dude where you coming up with this next best thing to sliced bread stuff? I asked a simple question so back off, nextly i wasn't talking about trying to take a seniority workers job on preload. Thanks.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You know why they pay people that much money? Because they're worth it. I bet that $30 an hour person didn't have 4 misloads in 3 weeks. If you think they pay them too much, I bet you can find a nice job as a walmart greeter for less money.

Thank God seasonal season is done.

HardknocksUPSer

You know why they pay people that much money? Because they're worth it. I bet that $30 an hour person didn't have 4 misloads in 3 weeks. If you think they pay them too much, I bet you can find a nice job as a walmart greeter for less money.

Thank God seasonal season is done.
Even if that's the case how do you think that's economical? Their still loosing money, no skin off my back

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Even if that's the case how do you think that's economical? Their still loosing money, no skin off my back
Take your issue with misloads. When I get a misload it usually adds at least a half hour onto my day. Plus newbie loads are usually pretty bad so I spend at least a half hour more per day sorting the mess. I am a full rate driver and that extra hour costs the company an extra hour of overtime a day. A senior loader generally will save money because they are not paying the driver to finish your job.

HardknocksUPSer

Take your issue with misloads. When I get a misload it usually adds at least a half hour onto my day. Plus newbie loads are usually pretty bad so I spend at least a half hour more per day sorting the mess. I am a full rate driver and that extra hour costs the company an extra hour of overtime a day. A senior loader generally will save money because they are not paying the driver to finish your job.
I understand that part, but doesn't everyone start somewhere?