On time network

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
On time network? We work on it every day and have since the day I started working here. Recycling that emphasis should be just what the doctor ordered to keep the stock at just over $70 for a few more years. The network running on time is important but I still don't see a breakout idea from upper management that's going to propel our company to growth and success.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
On time network? We work on it every day and have since the day I started working here. Recycling that emphasis should be just what the doctor ordered to keep the stock at just over $70 for a few more years. The network running on time is important but I still don't see a breakout idea from upper management that's going to propel our company to growth and success.

The way to make "on time network" succeed is to give it priority over metrics such as SPORH, PPH and SPC. Much of the confusion and dysfunction within UPS is caused by various entities within the corporate structure chasing metrics that are mutually exclusive of one another. If every entity (preload, on-road, feeder, hub) was required to address its "on time" issues before worrying about other metrics, it would succeed.

Here! Here! you get my vote on that for I wound enjoy having my stress reliever with me.
Its a great theory, and it could actually work....if the company was truly committed to it in action as well as in words.

Its not enough, however, to merely tell me that I have to be in by a certain deadline. That goal needs to be reflected in the dispatch. Wishful thinking combined with a new acronym will not be enough.

Right now, our flavor of the week is Stops Per Car. They will need to put SPC back in the cupboard for awhile if they want On Time Network to be this weeks new flavor. You really cant have OTN and SPC together at the same time, its like trying to mix sugar and salt and the result will taste like sh$t.