(On Topic Only Please) Ever experience Stewards who appear more sympathetic to UPS than they do the employees.?

Whereistheunion

Over my several decades of experience as a UPS Teamster I have always found it problematic when union stewards are more sympathetic to the company side than they are the employee side.

I have definitely experienced this on multiple occasions.

Anyone else experience union stewards that appear to be company men and not union men?
Our part time steward here has over a million dollars 💸 of UPS stock and is definitely on the side of the company HEAVEN FORBID I NEED HIS RPRESENTATION.

Thebrownblob

In regards to Steward‘s, the biggest issue is most people do not want to step up and do it. It’s a thankless job that you have to listen to peoples problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thebrownblob

Did you get your air off yet?

How was the PCM?

You going to make 9.5 UnionSchlong?

I just got up and had breakfast myself.

I’ll be in Life After Brown section if anyone needs me 😂
@UnionStrong is retired. You enjoyed the benefits of being in a union. You took the pay, health insurance, and pension? And you did not want to pay? Very shabby. If you were unhappy with your representation and can do such a good job yourself why didn’t you throw your hat in the ring to take over? If it was that bad it wasn’t just you not being represented it was others as well. Shouldn’t have been too hard to get a petition to replace a bad steward. Instead you took care of yourself. That speaks for itself.

RTW FTW

@UnionStrong is retired. You enjoyed the benefits of being in a union. You took the pay, health insurance, and pension? And you did not want to pay? Very shabby. If you were unhappy with your representation and can do such a good job yourself why didn’t you throw your hat in the ring to take over? If it was that bad it wasn’t just you not being represented it was others as well. Shouldn’t have been too hard to get a petition to replace a bad steward. Instead you took care of yourself. That speaks for itself.
Pay and benefits is all I got, the stewards were picked by BA and management,no elections, and the contract was there for when it benefited the company only. Petition to replace steward? That’s comical. But he did resign in embarrassment and shame afterwards, while getting screwed by the union upon retirement.

Didn’t want to pay? $90ish a month is a phenomenal deal for quality representation. Tbh it’s not bad for decent representation. I can’t pay to get discharged.

No one else was going to take care of me, except me. And that’s exactly what I done. Again, there’s not one person here that’d be a part of Schemesters, or any union for that matter, if they knew the extent of what happened, how far it went up, and why. But I’ll never convince anyone without an opportunity to present a case (like I did in my victorious litigation). But that’s not an option here. And it’s irrelevant, you’re too small minded to not beat off to the union.

If I’m a scab, I guess I’m a proud scab. I was a better steward there than any we had. No BA needed

Thebrownblob

Pay and benefits is all I got, the stewards were picked by BA and management,no elections, and the contract was there for when it benefited the company only. Petition to replace steward? That’s comical. But he did resign in embarrassment and shame afterwards, while getting screwed by the union upon retirement.

Didn’t want to pay? $90ish a month is a phenomenal deal for quality representation. Tbh it’s not bad for decent representation. I can’t pay to get discharged.

No one else was going to take care of me, except me. And that’s exactly what I done. Again, there’s not one person here that’d be a part of Schemesters, or any union for that matter, if they knew the extent of what happened, how far it went up, and why. But I’ll never convince anyone without an opportunity to present a case (like I did in my victorious litigation). But that’s not an option here. And it’s irrelevant, you’re too small minded to not beat off to the union.

If I’m a scab, I guess I’m a proud scab. I was a better steward there than any we had. No BA needed
Personally I doubt everything you’re saying is exactly true. I’m certain there’s bad stewards and bad business agents. But even if all you got was the pay and the benefits that would’ve been worth it because if everyone had your philosophy we would have none of that. We would be FedEx and probably not even FedEx mostly FedEx ground.

Thebrownblob

In all fairness...

This sounds exactly like a steward that doesn't want to deal with anything, or doesn't want to help someone that isn't one of his buds.
No idea what that means, every dues paying member gets 100% for me, and if they need the truth we step outside and I tell them there. Management is never part of that. Many years ago I decided as a personal decision to never file for money for myself unless it’s 95. Simply because I had seen other stewards take advantage and get paid. I put other peoples names on Supervisor work and grievances so they get paid. I received somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 texts and phone calls a day and I answer them all. So I don’t know if I have any “buds”.
I do have members I represent, and I attempt to do the best job I can I welcome to target on my back Daily it’s pretty much the only thing that keeps me interested in coming to work, I love a good fight.

oldngray

nowhere special
No idea what that means, every dues paying member gets 100% for me, and if they need the truth we step outside and I tell them there. Management is never part of that. Many years ago I decided as a personal decision to never file for money for myself unless it’s 95. Simply because I had seen other stewards take advantage and get paid. I put other peoples names on Supervisor work and grievances so they get paid. I received somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 texts and phone calls a day and I answer them all. So I don’t know if I have any “buds”.
I do have members I represent, and I attempt to do the best job I can I welcome to target on my back Daily it’s pretty much the only thing that keeps me interested in coming to work, I love a good fight.
Too many stewards are company yes men. If you aren't in that group then you probably do have a target on your back.

Thebrownblob

Too many stewards are company yes men. If you aren't in that group then you probably do have a target on your back.
I do and it’s hilarious, but they also ask me many times if what they’re doing is okay because they don’t wanna be pounded in hearings with grievances.
It’s fine, respect works both ways.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What do you do about the “problem” children? The guys always in trouble.

RTW FTW

Personally I doubt everything you’re saying is exactly true. I’m certain there’s bad stewards and bad business agents. But even if all you got was the pay and the benefits that would’ve been worth it because if everyone had your philosophy we would have none of that. We would be FedEx and probably not even FedEx mostly FedEx ground.
I could care less if you believe 1% of what I say.

And if pay and benefits are enough, why have a thick contract? Entertainment purposes only?

If everyone had my philosophy, the union (weak locals) would be stronger. Amazing what accountability will do.

I may redact names and post the statements my “stewards” wrote on me? But then again, you’re in a cult that blinds you from common sense, so there’s no use

Thebrownblob

What do you do about the “problem” children? The guys always in trouble.
Problem guys get pulled aside and talked with personally, i’ve never had an instant at work that didn’t help the situation. I’ve had a few guys who did not want to join for personal or political reasons. I persuaded all of them politely to join and we are a right to work state. They know I will do what I say. Every pkg car driver is a dues paying member.

Up In Smoke

The greatest single benefit we have is the grievance procedure. We have 2-3 Kraft meetings near our building every year and 10% show up. We have meetings at our local twice a month and I drive every time with 6 open seats. The rank and file only want the union when they want something for themselves. I have a good working relationship with 90% of the drivers I represent and most come to me before any management person. I believe I have been able to give good advice and warnings when it comes to matters of the contract and building politics. I only wish would be each member also look out for each other.

Thebrownblob

I could care less if you believe 1% of what I say.

And if pay and benefits are enough, why have a thick contract? Entertainment purposes only?

If everyone had my philosophy, the union (weak locals) would be stronger. Amazing what accountability will do.

I may redact names and post the statements my “stewards” wrote on me? But then again, you’re in a cult that blinds you from common sense, so there’s no use
The fact that you came on here knowing full well most of us disagree with you just proves to me you know you’re wrong the way you’re handling it. I’ve had plenty of interactions with union officials and members who I thought were outright dirtbags. But I never once thought about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. What goes around comes around my friend.

Nah
The greatest single benefit we have is the grievance procedure. We have 2-3 Kraft meetings near our building every year and 10% show up. We have meetings at our local twice a month and I drive every time with 6 open seats. The rank and file only want the union when they want something for themselves. I have a good working relationship with 90% of the drivers I represent and most come to me before any management person. I believe I have been able to give good advice and warnings when it comes to matters of the contract and building politics. I only wish would be each member also look out for each other.
2016.01.17_10.04.41_Kraft_Dinner.jpg

RTW FTW

The fact that you came on here knowing full well most of us disagree with you just proves to me you know you’re wrong the way you’re handling it. I’ve had plenty of interactions with union officials and members who I thought were outright dirtbags. But I never once thought about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. What goes around comes around my friend.
I agree what goes around comes around. Again, you are making assumptions. But it, or you, isn’t something that’s worth proving.

✌️