On Topic: UPS attempting to terminate newer driver after filing grievances

By The Book

In a way, yes. It used to be that we all had a choice of 30 or 60. But then they started this push for mandatory hour lunch. They told us that if we still wanted to take half an hour it would have to be approved by the center manager. I don't know who all asked for 30 minutes but I know my request was approved.
If it's me I take a 30 when I want and I take a 60 when I want and I don't ask for permission.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
If it's me I take a 30 when I want and I take a 60 when I want and I don't ask for permission.
Used to be like that for us also. Until they started pushing this hour lunch thing. I have no idea what made them start trying to force an hour on us. But it remains the same for me. I take 30 minutes unless I have a super easy day in which I'll take 60. No issues so no biggie.

Fnix

So you've established that 5 minutes is the norm for your bathroom break, and said there's no issues if you tell them it'll be longer when they rode with you. My question....why code out any time from this point on if it goes over 5 minutes? At the very least only code out the time over 5 minutes, you picking up what I'm putting down?

I know what you mean and I do that. I have just heard that the division manager looks for time gaps. How long a time gap is I dont know but anything over 5 minutes seems reasonable. If I have a COD and need to use the restoom I will use the restroom while the customer writes the COD vs waiting for the COD and than using the restroom. Anything to get me home a couple mins earlier...

35years

Gravy route
Ive been out with sups riding with me and if I need to use the restroom for more less 5 mins I just tell them and no issues. You have a target on your back and thats why this has gotten so ridiculous. If I know i'll be longer than 5 mins I deduct it as part of my breaks.
The courts have ruled up to 20 minutes is reasonable. No need to clock out.

Dr.Brownz

Most guys take 30 minutes here (no approval BS), some take 60 and a few special snowflakes are allowed to take no lunch (because they are runnergunners and do 180 stops a day)

wayfair

swollen member
Your saying to record in diad an hour and 5 minutes if that was how long you took? Could you code out an hour and then code out a 5 minute break?

I was pulled into the office and they wanted to know why clocked back in from lunch and didn't move for 12-15... my dog had gotten out(home for lunch) and I forgot to enter a break or call it in... I was told to enter however long it took to get back onto route, so an hour and 15 minute lunch is what I should have punched for lunch.

OMS said I could take a 2 hour lunch as long as I punched it...

By The Book

I was pulled into the office and they wanted to know why clocked back in from lunch and didn't move for 12-15... my dog had gotten out(home for lunch) and I forgot to enter a break or call it in... I was told to enter however long it took to get back onto route, so an hour and 15 minute lunch is what I should have punched for lunch.

OMS said I could take a 2 hour lunch as long as I punched it...
I would have put that 12-15 minutes under break, it's paid that way and its personal time, (yours).

YeeYee

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1477273769.563202.jpg

UPS Preloader

You are an inside employee and as such you take you break when directed. Do you think it would be OK for you to sit there for 10 minutes and then decide you need to take a leak?

Yes, and that is exactly what I do everyday. Break is my time to relax. Been questioned by management and told them the same.