Once again, the tree is too big.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It happens every year.

Every year we venture forth to the Christmas tree farm in search of a fresh tree. Every year my poor wife tries to act as the voice of reason in regards to getting a tree of manageable size; every year I forget how last years tree was just too damn big, and insist upon getting a gianormous specimen that winds up scraping the ceiling and taking up half of our living room.

I vowed that it would be different this year, and that I would not repeat my mistakes of years past. With the best of intentions in my heart, I set forth with my long-suffering wife to seek out the perfect tree. Our journey took us up the mountain behind our home to a tree farm on my route where a suprise awaited us...3 inches of fresh snow, the first of the year!

She tried to warn me, but my denial was strong. The tree looked perfectly sized to me. She tried to explain that the weight of 3 inches of wet snow was pushing the branches down and making the tree appear smaller, but I would hear none of it. I was bound and determined to bring that beautiful, snow covered tree home, so I went ahead and cut it down and into the back of the truck it went.

We got it home, and I got it out of the truck and set up in the garage in the tree stand to dry out. I took a broom and started knocking the snow off of it...and the damn thing proceeded to DOUBLE in size. I now have a huge pile of wet snow on the floor of my garage, a tree the size of an old-growth redwood to try and cram into the house, and a wife who gets to keep reminding me (ever so sweetly of course) that "I told you so." @$%&@!!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have been discussig tree size a lot this year. We have had artificial lighted trees.
We had a huge one (1000 white lights), but our house had a big place for it.

Now we downsized a few years ago to a 6 ft. prelit (multicolor).

Now we want a 3ft.-4 ft. tree.....like almost the tabletop kind. We shouldn't be climbing a ladder (I shouldn't) to put the star or angel on top.

Mantle & hearth are becoming more my decorating milieu.

S

serenity now

We have been discussig tree size a lot this year. We have had artificial lighted trees.
We had a huge one (1000 white lights), but our house had a big place for it.

Now we downsized a few years ago to a 6 ft. prelit (multicolor).

Now we want a 3ft.-4 ft. tree.....like almost the tabletop kind. We shouldn't be climbing a ladder (I shouldn't) to put the star or angel on top.

Mantle & hearth are becoming more my decorating milieu.

i can get you a deal on a 4 ft. all aluminum tree with a 4 color wheel light :wink2:

had to mess wit ya / i think it's great that you chose multicolor lights /the white lights have been so overdone

rod

Retired 22 years
When I retired I thought that I could finally get into the Christmas spirt with decorating the house. I even went so far as to go to the after Christmas sale on lights the last year I worked. I bought tons of lights and outdoor decorating stuff and was really going to get into it. That plan fell apart because every year since I retired we have gone to Texas to spend the Holidays with the daughters family. One whole corner of the store room in the basement is full of Christmas stuff that will probably never be used. We do still set up my Dads aluminum foil Christmas tree with the 4 color revolving light that shines on it (more of a joke than anything).

1960 Aluminum Christmas Tree - YouTube

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There was a Christmas tree farm in my back yard growing up. Short of my kids being allergic ill always have a real tree.

DS

Fenderbender
We went for a little one this year.It comes up to my nose.
IMG_20121216_182246.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Rather than trying to cram the tree into our living room...or spending hours trying to cut and shape it down to size...we accepted the reality that it wouldnt fit and instead chose to temporarily relocate our dining room table and put the tree up in a corner of the dining room. It really is a beautiful tree, and we will always remember getting to cut it down during a snowstorm!

C0BA6A72-4F96-48FF-8EA1-A25BB5616AFA-13192-000013DE59B56383.jpg

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I'm in the same boat. My wife is the voice of reason when we pick out a tree every Christmas. This year she caved in & we got a huge tree.
We ended up cutting a foot off the bottom, & now it's the perfect height.
Nice tree. Cute basdett