One big happy family 🙃

bacha29

It all depends on whether it is considered a name change, or a merger.

But what if it's an entirely new corporation with a new corporate number and a new stock listing?

bacha29

I’m talking about vehicle capacity. I have a ton of extra. Express doesn’t have vehicles for their current volume. Ttku
You seem awfully confident that you can haul air box profitably. Then again for you a long haul day is 30 miles total.. But for the guy who has a 300 mile day it's a different story.

And as Mack was saying if Express and Ground cohabitate Express might bump you out of your cushy little neighborhood.

I saved this image back in November. It will be interesting to see if this actually was the plan.
1680728349637.png

Aquaman

It didn't clearly state that. It stated they will continue to use employees and contractors. How that plays out wasn't specific in the email. My guess would be most if not all dense urban areas would go full employees and rural areas would go to contractors.
If you know how to read between the lines… what they’re really saying is they will continue to use MUCH FEWER employees and contractors lol.

TUT

They aren’t cutting billions in expenses in order to turn around and take on more expenses. They’re not giving up the hybrid model.

If that is the view currently it is short sighted, because there is more revenue to be had being unified and employed, there is a greater net positive then just "more cost", the gains over shadow it. Fedex isn't chosen as much as it should because of this split and one side being more shoddy, the shippers know, they are smart, this is all part of their business to. Fedex needs a reliable operations workforce, times changed and it has shaken their reputation.

purplelife

Pretty infuriating. The company is implementing this in full effect in 14 months. They know exactly what they’re going to do. The way this place trickles out bad news is unbelievable. Time to get a solid plan B.
Yeah if it was good news like everyone will be an employee and get paid like UPS they would be talking about it to try and keep people.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
" Completely unified Air and Ground Network". There will be no more FedEx Express thus no RLA exemption. Ttku......
You're being silly. The FedEx employees moving air packages will still be RLA, just as the pilots will be, and so forth. Having contractors move some of the air freight doesn't change what the FedEx employees are doing.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If that is the view currently it is short sighted, because there is more revenue to be had being unified and employed, there is a greater net positive then just "more cost", the gains over shadow it. Fedex isn't chosen as much as it should because of this split and one side being more shoddy, the shippers know, they are smart, this is all part of their business to. Fedex needs a reliable operations workforce, times changed and it has shaken their reputation.
How does a "unified" driver workforce create revenue??

Headshot

This should be interesting. We aren’t even overlapped in our area for ground/hd. Now they want to try to combine the express stuff?