One Company...

tieguy

Banned
Tie,

I don’t think any of us are totally opposed to turning in leads for additional business. I do think UPS needs to take a really hard look at BD. The current system isn’t working. It seems that most of the post here go along with what I see in my center, the BD guys are MIA.

Don't disagree. we have some flaws in the system. In fact rumor has it one of the Outside board members told the folks heading up the BD function something like this:

"you folks couldn't find your ass if you had a map and gps to guide you".

So its possible we recognize those problems at the upper level if the rumors are true.

I hate hearing all the stories where its not working well.

My personal experience with the process is that its gotten a whole lot better in the last couple of years. I love the look up option on upsers.com.

We have some drivers in my building that are making a killing off the points system they put in.

Channahon

As quoted by TieGuy

In fact rumor has it one of the Outside board members told the folks heading up the BD function something like this:

Maybe that's the kick in the butt the Board and Management Committee needs to get UPS back on track.

If I knew who that was, I would make sure to vote for him/her everytime!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I never said that sales leads were teamster work. I was referring to the freight stuff.

And please, I know this is a tough concept for you to grasp, but I have been out of UPS for over a year, so I am not just swapping printers anymore. I don't drink coffees, lattes, or anything like that, and I'm not really a tough guy, but if you want to test that, send me a PM. Have a nice day.
If your not a upser anymore than why do you come here? Did you get fired for not fixing enough printers in one day? Did you spill your coffee on the computer and thats why you dont drink lattes any more? How can i challenge your toughness by sending you a pm?

DS

Fenderbender
As quoted by TieGuy

Maybe that's the kick in the butt the Board and Management Committee needs to get UPS back on track.

quote]
I like tieguys idea...but not casual... be in brown
or your outa town...fire all the preload and oncar sups and let the drivers run the show...that`ll save us $40,000 a year each,there will be no reporting to anyone,the numbers will speak for themselves,and we may have happier customers.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You're right you have a hard job. I don't want you doing BD's job. Just want you to share your knowledge of the area and point them in the right direction.
I have a new saying for the bd department, Dont let the door knob hit you, were the good lord split you. Now take care of OUR cutomers or put that saying to use!

ImpactedTSG

If your not a upser anymore than why do you come here? Did you get fired for not fixing enough printers in one day? Did you spill your coffee on the computer and thats why you dont drink lattes any more? How can i challenge your toughness by sending you a pm?
I come here to reinforce knowing that I made the right decision to leave once the downsizing was announced instead of trying to move into another department. I want to keep up with what is happening since I still have a decent amount of DESSP and 401K stock.

WTF is it with the coffee? Do you think all techs drink coffee? I guess no drivers ever show up to the center with coffee right?

As for the PM, I thought you were from Philly so I figured maybe we could meet up for a latte.

ImpactedTSG

No of course not. I went by the coffee house looking to buy you a latte and heard another soon to be unemployed tsg guy use it.LOL
Laugh it up. I am not unemployed, in fact I had a job lined up before I left UPS. Also, I will be able to walk by the time I am 50, more than I can say for you. :lol:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Laugh it up. I am not unemployed, in fact I had a job lined up before I left UPS. Also, I will be able to walk by the time I am 50, more than I can say for you. :lol:
Now now you better think about the weight gain to come from those secretary duties your doing, its your rear end thats going to explode from sitting on it all day! You knees will probably give out before mine. You went to college for that?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hey Salesguy

You can connect to the Sales Lead Incentive Management (SLIM) system to submit Take Charge sales leads.

SLIM Application

The SLIM application is only availiable using a computer that is located on the UPS network or by accessing the network using an RSA Token.

Or the yellow brick road

H

hockey717

is this discrimination

a driver who worked 25 yrs. got hurt on the job and now has permanent restrictions the co will not let him return to work he had return to work releases and was senior bidder on several bids including jockey and feeder school, but the co. still wouldnt lethim return he lost greivences under article 14 disqualified driver this guy was a very good and effecient driver never caused any trouble just did his job and got along with everyone including mgmt.team had several awards all the other drivers beleive the co has crossed the line with all the jobs that are doe on a daily basis at ups im sure they can find something for this guy to do the union has been no help what do some of you think about this has the co crossed over the boundaries im sure this guy has a family

H

hockey717

Re: is this discrimination

a driver who worked 25 yrs. got hurt on the job and now has permanent restrictions the co will not let him return to work he had return to work releases and was senior bidder on several bids including jockey and feeder school, but the co. still wouldnt lethim return he lost greivences under article 14 disqualified driver this guy was a very good and effecient driver never caused any trouble just did his job and got along with everyone including mgmt.team had several awards all the other drivers beleive the co has crossed the line with all the jobs that are doe on a daily basis at ups im sure they can find something for this guy to do the union has been no help what do some of you think about this has the co crossed over the boundaries im sure this guy has a family

Salesguy

Sales Member
All these positive replies make me really feel confident.
I admire the way you express your feelings about helping the company to grow:crying:.

I think we can really make beautiful things happen if we would work closer together by one to one communication.

Make a difference today, hand in a saleslead!:thumbup1:

Salesguy

Sales Member
:wink:Another thing...please keep on destroying my rep level as I already didn't have any. Another indicator people are not willing to make the (ups) world a better place.

A sad conclusion after 100 years of service.

However, today can also be a different day for you:thumbup1:.
because life is filled with great opportunities that also exsist for you!

Start being a winner today and help your company to grow!