One More Thing to Do

floridays

Express driver certainly would have a hard time with ups workload. Ground guys probably move a similar amount of packages. The difference is mindset. A ground guy will see a truck with 7 hours of work and find a way to get it done in 5 since he’s paid the same. A teamster will see 7 hours of work and find a way to turn it into 12 so he can make more money and hurt his employer as much as possible. Most Ground guys wouldn’t be happy putting in 12 hours.

No way I could work around people with the mindset of a teamster. There’s countless threads on the UPS side saying this exact thing, everyone over there tells each other to slow down as much as possible. Work slowly, grieve everything, blah blah. It’s what their pay system incentivizes.
I still hope you lose everything you have, more than ever. Got that? :thumbup1:

floridays

I agree with that assessment. Considering with current fuel and contract rates I’m operating at a loss, my drivers organizing wouldn’t get them anything anyway.

Teamsters aren’t organizing anyone. They can’t even get half their current members to vote on a contract. They aren’t getting new workers to vote on joining. They are old, corrupt and out of touch.
The only bonus I can see for high fuel prices.
I'll sacrifice the personal hardship if you lose your "business."
I don't like you or your heart. :thumbup1:

I hope that was clear, I can be more clear if required.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Bet on what? The last UPS contract passed because less than 50% of the workers voted. It happened and it’ll happen again next year.
That’s no longer true. They changed the contract so that as long as the majority of those who voted vote a certain way, that goes. It’s no longer the majority of Teamsters have to vote.

Thebrownblob

Express driver certainly would have a hard time with ups workload. Ground guys probably move a similar amount of packages. The difference is mindset. A ground guy will see a truck with 7 hours of work and find a way to get it done in 5 since he’s paid the same. A teamster will see 7 hours of work and find a way to turn it into 12 so he can make more money and hurt his employer as much as possible. Most Ground guys wouldn’t be happy putting in 12 hours.

No way I could work around people with the mindset of a teamster. There’s countless threads on the UPS side saying this exact thing, everyone over there tells each other to slow down as much as possible. Work slowly, grieve everything, blah blah. It’s what their pay system incentivizes.
You should stick to talking about FedEx because you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about At UPS or Teamsters.

Thebrownblob

Bet on what? The last UPS contract passed because less than 50% of the workers voted. It happened and it’ll happen again next year.
Well because of your ignorance you do not understand how an organization like the Teamsters works. That was a provision in the constitution that is no longer there. But you can keep flapping your gums like you know what you’re talking about and we can make fun of you if you like.

It will be fine

Well because of your ignorance you do not understand how an organization like the Teamsters works. That was a provision in the constitution that is no longer there. But you can keep flapping your gums like you know what you’re talking about and we can make fun of you if you like.
Congratulations on changing your constitution. Think you can get 50% of your members to vote next year? You act like changing your rules is a great achievement when the problem is more than half the people that pay dues can’t even be bothered to vote. The teamsters are a joke and can’t organize their own people let alone another workforce.

Thebrownblob

Congratulations on changing your constitution. Think you can get 50% of your members to vote next year? You act like changing your rules is a great achievement when the problem is more than half the people that pay dues can’t even be bothered to vote. The teamsters are joke and can’t organize their own people let alone another workforce.
Don’t really care if they can get 50% that’s their choice they pay dues they can vote or not. You’re talking about national campaign organizing quite a bit more difficult. Locally many teamsters unions Have dozens of organizing campaigns that are successful every year. Mylocal just organized two companies each with over 250 people each successfully. We have so many inquiries we cannot keep up. So continue to show your ignorance. Union membership and the desire to be union is on the rise. Sad cowards such as yourself can continue to beg your management to give you what they think you deserve.

It will be fine

Don’t really care if they can get 50% that’s their choice they pay dues they can vote or not. You’re talking about national campaign organizing quite a bit more difficult. Locally many teamsters unions Have dozens of organizing campaigns that are successful every year. Mylocal just organized two companies each with over 250 people each successfully. We have so many inquiries we cannot keep up. So continue to show your ignorance. Union membership and the desire to be union is on the rise. Sad cowards such as yourself can continue to beg your management to give you what they think you deserve.
Sure thing, buddy. Unions are great for lazy people that can’t earn more based on their own merit. I’m sure it works well for many people, like people that can’t make an argument without using personal attacks.

Thebrownblob

Sure thing, buddy. Unions are great for lazy people that can’t earn more based on their own merit. I’m sure it works well for many people, like people that can’t make an argument without using personal attacks.
Calling people lazy isn’t a personal attack LOL? You’re a special kind of troll aren’t you😂

Thebrownblob

Looks like I struck a nerve. The truth can be hard to deal with for some people. I’ll pray for you.
Yes I’m really worried about you calling me lazy lol. You must live in your moms basement I don’t know anyone who calls any UPS driver lazy if only we had the time to do that. Please continue to make a fool of yourself it’s entertaining

It will be fine

Yes I’m really worried about you calling me lazy lol. You must live in your moms basement I don’t know anyone who calls any UPS driver lazy if only we had the time to do that. Please continue to make a fool of yourself it’s entertaining
I said you’ll turn 7 hours of work into 12 because you intentionally work slowly. How many threads are there on the ups side of the forum instructing people to do just that? Do you understand or do you need to call a steward to explain the words to you?

Thebrownblob

I said you’ll turn 7 hours of work into 12 because you intentionally work slowly. How many threads are there on the ups side of the forum instructing people to do just that? Do you understand or do you need to call a steward to explain the words to you?
No one does that, you’re making comments about things you have no idea. Just because the company standards says it’s seven hours of work doesn’t mean it is. But that’s what ignorance is, speaking on something you have no idea about and yet you continue. And if anybody would be calling someone they would be calling me since I am a steward. Anything else I can school you on? I’m sure you’re a slow learner but I have time.

It will be fine

No one does that, you’re making comments about things you have no idea. Just because the company standards says it’s seven hours of work doesn’t mean it is. But that’s what ignorance is, speaking on something you have no idea about and yet you continue. And if anybody would be calling someone they would be calling me since I am a steward. Anything else I can school you on? I’m sure you’re a slow learner but I have time.
I made no mention of company standards. You are using that as a strawman to argue against. How often do teamsters instruct their fellow workers to slow down in their work? You don’t want to answer to that because you know the answer. That’s why you construct strawmen to knock down.

Thebrownblob

I made no mention of company standards. You are using that as a strawman to argue against. How often do teamsters instruct their fellow workers to slow down in their work? You don’t want to answer to that because you know the answer. That’s why you construct strawmen to knock down.
Can’t really have a conversation with someone who doesn’t know what they are talking because the company standards are what causes people to slow down. Not to be lazy but not to have 15 hours of work the next day to be told it’s only eight hours of work. I can assure you even the worst UPS driver does more physical work than 90% of the population before 10:30 in the morning every day.

It will be fine

Can’t really have a conversation with someone who doesn’t know what they are talking because the company standards are what causes people to slow down. Not to be lazy but not to have 15 hours of work the next day to be told it’s only eight hours of work. I can assure you even the worst UPS driver does more physical work than 90% of the population before 10:30 in the morning every day.
That sounds completely delusional. I don’t care what your company standards are, a teamster will work slowly, thanks for admitting that you do by the way, because that’s how they make more money. It’s rational for you to work slowly, that doesn’t mean it’s admirable.

Thebrownblob

That sounds completely delusional. I don’t care what your company standards are, a teamster will work slowly, thanks for admitting that you do by the way, because that’s how they make more money. It’s rational for you to work slowly, that doesn’t mean it’s admirable.
Lol again you’ve zero idea what you’re talking about it’s different and quite a few places there is a Bonus system and quite a few places where you can make more money if you can beat there pretend numbers that they change constantly and can even adjust after your day is over. How long are you going to continue to talk on issues you have no idea about? You look more and more foolish as you do.