Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I believe there's a very real possibility we'll enter a depression. And yes stocks will lose up to 90%. All by the end of 2023. I believe that because a lot of very famous investors and economists have laid out the reasons why. We're at the start of the biggest crash in history.
Lol.
Get real.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It may not be as steep as he said but I think we're in for a rude awakening
I wouldn't be surprised to see measley returns for a good number of years, but the great depression end times doomsayers come out and get headlines with this stuff every downturn. Then they disappear. I suspect the Sp500 goes to 3700ish then we stagnate.

I wouldn't be surprised to see measley returns for a good number of years, but the great depression end times doomsayers come out and get headlines with this stuff every downturn. Then they disappear. I suspect the Sp500 goes to 3700ish then we stagnate.
I hope you're right but the hairs on the back of my neck is telling me something different

wilberforce15

The NASDAQ fell 78% from its peak in 2002. The upcoming crash, due to the huge bubbles in every financial sector, has the potential to be even worse. The Fed has been propping up the economy with printing since 2008 instead of letting things take their course. We're now in a position where they can no longer do that. There was a reason behind that too. The Baby Boom generation peaked in buying power in 2007. They're(We) are being followed by a smaller generation which simply won't be able by sheer numbers spend what the Baby Boomers did. So the Fed printed. Don't expect a complete recovery until about 2037.
Nobody in the nasdaq even had earnings for the bubble. Or revenue. And it still only fell 80%.

Now the nasdaq is full of the best balance sheets in the world and companies absolutely printing money.

There is no crash that makes Google, Microsoft, Apple, or Tesla stop printing money.

vantexan

Nobody in the nasdaq even had earnings for the bubble. Or revenue. And it still only fell 80%.

Now the nasdaq is full of the best balance sheets in the world and companies absolutely printing money.

There is no crash that makes Google, Microsoft, Apple, or Tesla stop printing money.
Only 80%? Do you realize what 80% looks like for the NYSE? About 7500. Do you realize what that means in loss of wealth? 401k's?

wilberforce15

Only 80%? Do you realize what 80% looks like for the NYSE? About 7500. Do you realize what that means in loss of wealth? 401k's?
The nyse will not and cannot lose 80%.

Do you realize that losing 90% means losing another 50% after you lose 80%?

And I spelled out the differences. The nasdaq top 10 companies are sitting on trillions in cash and have monopolies.

vantexan

The nyse will not and cannot lose 80%.

Do you realize that losing 90% means losing another 50% after you lose 80%?

And I spelled out the differences. The nasdaq top 10 companies are sitting on trillions in cash and have monopolies.
Initially the market will drop around 40%. But eventually it will drop about 86%-92%. That's where it will land from its peak, which one guy I look at says was January 4th this year.

wilberforce15

Initially the market will drop around 40%. But eventually it will drop about 86%-92%. That's where it will land from its peak, which one guy I look at says was January 4th this year.
You think the nasdaq list of tech companies will be lower than it was when I got AOL CDs in the mail?

Smoking something good today, eh?

vantexan

I brought them up to show that Union weak was making things up.

Yes, I used the word gun and the word battles. I mocked the notion that they were likely.

Which is the opposite of what you said.
I never said gun battles were inevitable unless government policies pushed people into desperation.