Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Because I grew up in the country, where every single house had a pickup truck (or two or three), but there were 10 houses in 10 mi.

I now live in a neighborhood of 300 houses and there are 150 pickup trucks and none of them have done anything more than Home Depot or pick up a friend's couch.

They are owned by skinny-fat little programmers who want some expression of masculinity that their wives barely allow them to have.

I spent over a decade in the ghetto, grew up in the deep country, and now I make my home in suburbia. I've lived in the South the North and the midwest. I've seen a good stretch of America and all its classes of people. This is the majority use of pickup trucks.
Not in my hood.
Trucks with hitches are used by landscapers, boat owners, and lobstermen.
Lobstermen use their pickups with hitches to launch and recover their skiffs.
By either dragging or pushing their skiffs down the launching ramp

I use my hitches to also drags my rowboat back to it's storage spot in a pram rack.
Not very good on the boat but it saves my back from being sore.
We also use trucks to pull boat trailers, to launch and recover many boats.
Some trailers are use to move lobster traps from the wharf back to Town leased storage areas.

wilberforce15

Not in my hood.
Trucks with hitches are used by landscapers, boat owners, and lobstermen.
Lobstermen use their pickups with hitches to launch and recover their skiffs.
By either dragging or pushing their skiffs down the launching ramp

I use my hitches to also drags my rowboat back to it's storage spot in a pram rack.
Not very good on the boat but it saves my back from being sore.
We also use trucks to pull boat trailers, to launch and recover many boats.
Some trailers are use to move lobster traps from the wharf back to Town leased storage areas.
And the Cyber truck would be superior at all those jobs.

wilberforce15

And we are rapidly getting back into territory that I've already explained a dozen times. Y'all can just hit the previous pages if you want to cure your ignorance

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That's why there is an all steel body and double the average ground clearance. Just for things like that.
I told you before there are no public charging station in my town.
The closest is dozens miles away.
One would have to make a special trip to use those chargers.
And many of us live in condos, which the Trustees don't want to spend limited funds on charging stations.

wilberforce15

I told you before there are no public charging station in my town.
The closest is dozens miles away.
One would have to make a special trip to use those chargers.
And many of us live in condos, which the Trustees don't want to spend limited funds on charging stations.
You may have told me that before. That's cool.
People in condos in towns without chargers shouldn't buy them. Tesla also doesn't care about that percentage of the population.

Here's an idea: park the truck with the guy that has electricity at his house.

You guys have a full-time job finding all the exceptions and places that don't work, while about 250 million of the 300 million cars on the road could be replaced by an EV without a second thought.

Aaaaaaaaand here comes Fake-Texan, "But materials and infrastructure!"

Cool it, tardo. I'm telling you to pipe down before you even post. The function of 250 million cars could be adequately replaced by EV specs with only the addition of convenience, not headache, to the lives of the owner. That's why it will happen.
There will be exceptions until the end of time and the gas engine will exist until the end of time. I acknoweldge that. Everyone does. It's about scale. You guys cannot think in such terms.

vantexan

You may have told me that before. That's cool.
People in condos in towns without chargers shouldn't buy them. Tesla also doesn't care about that percentage of the population.

Here's an idea: park the truck with the guy that has electricity at his house.

You guys have a full-time job finding all the exceptions and places that don't work, while about 250 million of the 300 million cars on the road could be replaced by an EV without a second thought.

Aaaaaaaaand here comes Fake-Texan, "But materials and infrastructure!"

Cool it, tardo. I'm telling you to pipe down before you even post. The function of 250 million cars could be adequately replaced by EV specs with only the addition of convenience, not headache, to the lives of the owner. That's why it will happen.
There will be exceptions until the end of time and the gas engine will exist until the end of time. I acknoweldge that. Everyone does. It's about scale. You guys cannot think in such terms.
But materials and infrastructure!

Non liberal

Note that you are not quoting me, but rather attempting to summarize me without quotes.
I said it can last just less than a gas car, roughly equal to, or in real situations sometimes more. I said all three, but the idea was rough equivalence and that it was a stupid question.
Those are all correct, and my article showed exactly that.
Most EV's leave home with a higher percentage charge than the gas car has in the tank. That affects real world results. If both are full, the EV falls a little short of most, and is responsible for 0 deaths because it's a dumb question.

Do you follow?
Um, yeah, this is going to be fun. The phrases “can last just less than” and “ or in real situations sometimes more” were never uttered by you until now. All your article showed was that a Tesla would shut off way before a car with a measly 15 gallons of gas at continuous idle. End of story, no contest. You are fake news bern even when you post real news lol. And like I said, most people rush to the store during inclement weather and fill their tanks while they’re at it, most gassers have larger then a 15 gallon tank.

Attachments

• 198BF85B-9049-4CF2-A371-DB19D358DB27.png
    198BF85B-9049-4CF2-A371-DB19D358DB27.png
    472.6 KB · Views: 29

Non liberal

People do charge every day, but I didn't say they charge to 100%.

Go back to your kids shows, zoboomafu.

The average EV leaves home with a greater charge percentage than you have a fuel percentage. That is the entire point, and it is true.
….it has to because it can’t last as long as a gasser on a half tank. For the love of god man!!