Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Yeah dude, it won't even be close. And you will have to conveniently forget that you'll go to the mechanic five times a year and I won't. And the cybertruck will still out last you.

You have it backwards. I can spot you 10 years.
At ten years, just the battery swap will out price all of the repairs and maintenance on the fuel vehicle

wilberforce15

Lol, I dont think so. You’re battery will need replaced after 10 yrs. Let me key you in on something, if you can’t service it, it’s not going to last. Maintenance is why the ice will last longer, you see it as inconvenience, I see it as insurance. Trust me your cyber truck will need the extra 10 guaranteed!
The battery is replaced....never.
Electric motors don't need to be serviced, and that's why in all of engineering, anything that can be electric is electric.
You only choose combustion if you think electric can't do it.

But the reliability of electric simply is in another universe.
I can give your kids a 10 year head start after they inherit it.

The original battery and motors will still be running.

wilberforce15

Until it's in production it's just a unicorn. And at least most unicorns are nice to look at.
I can understand that kind of opinion in 2015 or 2019.
But this company has reliably doubled production every year for a decade.
The cybertruck is delayed because they make more money by making two model 3's instead of one cybertruck.
But it absolutely will happen.
This is the 6th most valuable company in the world.

Apple and Saudi oil is what it takes to rank in front of them.
The unicorns are on the street right now with these specs. They're just not in wide production.

vantexan

I can understand that kind of opinion in 2015 or 2019.
But this company has reliably doubled production every year for a decade.
The cybertruck is delayed because they make more money by making two model 3's instead of one cybertruck.
But it absolutely will happen.
This is the 6th most valuable company in the world.

Apple and Saudi oil is what it takes to rank in front of them.
The unicorns are on the street right now with these specs. They're just not in wide production.
Until in production it's a unicorn.

wilberforce15

Until in production it's a unicorn.
And all their other unicorns are already in production.
The Model S was a unicorn.
The X was a unicorn.
The Y was a unicorn.
The 3 was a unicorn.
This year, they'll sell 1.5-2 million after being utterly unheard of 10 years ago.

Their entire business model has been successfully creating unicorns, and that's why they are the 6th most valuable company in the entire world.

wilberforce15

When Apple or Google lists the next phone specs, nobody calls them nuts.

Trillion dollar companies are trillion dollar companies because they have created impossible things repeatedly.

Tesla is now worth 950 billion, so I'll let you have a 5% doubt.

wilberforce15

Yeah, you just buy a new car at 50k, lol
No, I assume we're comparing the premium cybertruck against the premium Tundra.
That means 60-70k on the Tundra and 60-70k on the cybertruck.

That means I can let the cybertruck's batteries degrade as much as you want, and I still have very good range. Even without the new battery cells they're putting in, it would last with a 350-mile range until I'm dead and my kids are retired.
You guys think these things "break" and need replacement. They generally don't. There is a generally accepted percentage degradation threshhold.

But if I start at 550 miles of range, I don't care if it loses 30% over 3 decades. That's still perfectly useful range.

wilberforce15

Million mile batteries are in mass production and being put in cars that are on roads as we are talking.

So you must understand if I chuckle at your ignorance.

Non liberal

No, I assume we're comparing the premium cybertruck against the premium Tundra.
That means 60-70k on the Tundra and 60-70k on the cybertruck.

That means I can let the cybertruck's batteries degrade as much as you want, and I still have very good range. Even without the new battery cells they're putting in, it would last with a 350-mile range until I'm dead and my kids are retired.
You guys think these things "break" and need replacement. They generally don't. There is a generally accepted percentage degradation threshhold.

But if I start at 550 miles of range, I don't care if it loses 30% over 3 decades. That's still perfectly useful range.
I don’t know what 60-70k is for. I am not ok with a 30% loss of range, especially when electricity rates go through the roof. That will be a loss of 150 miles per charge. Entirely unacceptable when I can get 550 miles of range for the life of my tundra. And yes, they do “break”, they get weak and don’t perform, and are inconvenient when doing truck things especially.

wilberforce15

No, comparing the longevity of a vehicle that wasn’t even produced yet to my child’s hip replacement is certainly not based on data. Nice try though.
The battery has the data, and has been around for researchers to use for two years. It's not theoretical. That battery is already on the road in mass production vehicles right now.