Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Domino's Pizza will have 855 custom-branded Chevrolet Bolt electric vehicles on U.S. roadways delivering pizza by the end of 2023.

In Michigan, there will be 93 Bolts, 49 in metro Detroit.

The Ann Arbor-based pizza company's website said it currently has 112 Bolts on U.S. roadways; 12 of them are in Michigan.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Tesla is recalling more than 321,000 vehicles in the United States because tail lights may intermittently fail to illuminate, the company said in a filing made public Saturday.

The news follows the company's recall on Friday of nearly 30,000 Model X cars in the United States over an issue that may cause the front passenger air bag to deploy incorrectly.

In the filing published Saturday to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the electric vehicle manufacturer said the tail light-related recall covers some 2023 Model 3 and 2020-2023 Model Y vehicles.

Texas-based Tesla said it will deploy an over-the-air update to correct the rear light issue and said it has no reports of any crashes or injuries related to the recall.

wilberforce15

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Tesla is recalling more than 321,000 vehicles in the United States because tail lights may intermittently fail to illuminate, the company said in a filing made public Saturday.

The news follows the company's recall on Friday of nearly 30,000 Model X cars in the United States over an issue that may cause the front passenger air bag to deploy incorrectly.

In the filing published Saturday to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the electric vehicle manufacturer said the tail light-related recall covers some 2023 Model 3 and 2020-2023 Model Y vehicles.

Texas-based Tesla said it will deploy an over-the-air update to correct the rear light issue and said it has no reports of any crashes or injuries related to the recall.
So, in the words of the article, an issue that involved no crashes was fixed with an over-the-air update.

Tesla has to use the word recall because that's the legal word. But, nothing was recalled and nothing was fixed. They added a software patch to a problem that wasn't a real problem.

wilberforce15

It is much cheaper to only make one version of the car, and add or subtract features over the air.

As opposed to making two or three or four different versions of the car with different specs, with different motors and all kinds of things.

It is the same thing to the consumer, except you have the ability to turn it on and off with your subscription. It is actually more features than you would get by building separate cars. It just rubs people the wrong way for no reason.

rod

Retired 22 years
1669607390535.png

trickpony1

First Tesla semi deliveries. And we have a video of 82,000 lb accelerating up a 6% grade at highway speed.

It is a brave new world
How ya gonna feel when some of your friends/family lose their jobs to an EV?

Are ya gonna say, ",,,,don't worry homie, I can get ya a PT job at UPS ."?

I'm not sure you have explored the long term negative effects of EVs on the broad spectrum of society.

Hope this helps.

wilberforce15

How ya gonna feel when some of your friends/family lose their jobs to an EV?

Are ya gonna say, ",,,,don't worry homie, I can get ya a PT job at UPS ."?

I'm not sure you have explored the long term negative effects of EVs on the broad spectrum of society.

Hope this helps.
It is not up to me or whether I support it. It is going to happen. I have a more negative outlook about the future of this technology than almost anyone here.

I am here to inform you that it is superior. All the horses here keep telling me that they will not be sent to the glue factory. I feel it is my job to educate them.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Switzerland will ban the use of electric cars for 'non-essential' journeys if the country runs out of energy this winter, the government has announced.

Emergency plans drawn up in the event the Swiss are hit by blackouts also call for shop opening hours to be reduced by up to two hours per day, heating systems in nightclubs to be turned off, and other buildings to be heated to no more than 20C.

Crisis measures could see streaming services and games consoles banned, Christmas lights turned off, and all sports stadiums and leisure facilities closed.
Germany is Switzerland's largest energy exporter and was hugely reliant on Russian supplies. France is second, and is currently suffering issues with its nuclear reactors.

Switzerland is also generating less energy than usual from its hydro plants because the exceptionally dry summer in Europe caused lakes and rivers to run low.