Opt in-Opt out list victory!

• Thread starter dont want to be known
  • Start date

outta hours

Ok, but I rarely go over 9.5. If I "opt out" meaning I don't want to work over 9.5, why would I be subjected to a 3-day ride?

You may or may not receive a 3 day ride. The "threat" of a 3 day ride is the tactic they are using to discourage people from signing the list. Once the list comes down the "threats" will disappear. Kind of like when there is a decent route up for bid and management tells you that it's going to soon be time studied,have a bulk van added to it,get more pickup's added,have to pull a TP-60, be satellited ,be getting a crappier car assigned to it, etc. etc. Then after one of the lower seniority management favorites gets the route nothing changes and it stays the same.

Do not fall for this garbage and allow it to influence your decision. If you don't want excessive o/t sign the list. Do you really think they have time to ride with every driver who signs the list? No way they don't even take the time to cross train cover drivers on different routes. We have many one route wonders in my center that can only cover 1 or 2 routes. And if they do find time to ride with you enjoy showing them how your route "really" is, not just how it appears on paper.

upsdude

The BA in Local 822 says the opt in/out deal will start in August 08. Of course this former UPS driver turned BA has become management's best friend.

tieguy

Banned
You may or may not receive a 3 day ride. The "threat" of a 3 day ride is the tactic they are using to discourage people from signing the list. Once the list comes down the "threats" will disappear.

Uncle Buster is not threatening you to keep your from signing the list. Uncle Buster is telling you that if you sign the list then you better be hittin and gitten and not screwing off on the route. My guess is the slackers will get lock in rides and the guys that normally do a good job will get little attention.

They'll probably build a sleeper birth in the back of griffs car...:)

Griff

Don't you think I would have been fired by now if I wasn't doing my job correctly? I've probably been followed on area more times than you've followed people on area in your whole career. What we have here is another clear cut case of a manager harboring illwill against someone who fights back. I file grievances and know my rights therefore I'm lazy, bad at my job and a thief. Business as usual.

P.S. - Happy mother's day lieguy.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Uncle Buster is not threatening you to keep your from signing the list. Uncle Buster is telling you that if you sign the list then you better be hittin and gitten and not screwing off on the route. My guess is the slackers will get lock in rides and the guys that normally do a good job will get little attention.

Tie...word from the old-timers I worked with daily (30+ers, 5 of them) that today's UPS driver faces far greater stress and work performance issues than that of pre-public or 20 years ago. Your post makes perfect sense - except that there are ( at least in my experience) far fewer ham and eggers in today's breed than previously. :laughing:

Nice post though. 9-5 in theory should ensure that each hard working, grind it out driver does exactly that - work hard for his money ; but at the same time fairly and not face an enormous amount of work that he/she could not feasibly do in a reasonable amount of work hours.

New Englander

Don't you think I would have been fired by now if I wasn't doing my job correctly? I've probably been followed on area more times than you've followed people on area in your whole career. What we have here is another clear cut case of a manager harboring illwill against someone who fights back. I file grievances and know my rights therefore I'm lazy, bad at my job and a thief. Business as usual.

P.S. - Happy mother's day lieguy.

If you did your job correctly you wouldn't have the guilty feeling that they are watching you. They have much better things to be doing.

Griff

If you did your job correctly you wouldn't have the guilty feeling that they are watching you. They have much better things to be doing.

The guilty feeling? It's a plain fact when I look behind or to the side and see the center manager's car and the division manager sitting next to him. There's no guilty feeling involved, not on my part anyway. However, I would feel guilty if I was in management and collecting a paycheck for what these guys do in the building everyday.

You go out of your way on these boards to respond to nearly every post I make. You should probably stop trolling before you end up like lieguy, embarrassed and humiliated beyond recognition.

tieguy

Banned
The guilty feeling? It's a plain fact when I look behind or to the side and see the center manager's car and the division manager sitting next to him. There's no guilty feeling involved, not on my part anyway. However, I would feel guilty if I was in management and collecting a paycheck for what these guys do in the building everyday.

You go out of your way on these boards to respond to nearly every post I make. You should probably stop trolling before you end up like lieguy, embarrassed and humiliated beyond recognition.

only embarrassed when I accidentally step into all the BS you sling. Folks in philly thought they saw a centaur running the streets. Turned out it was just griff with a sup up his rear getting his daily OJS.

Griff

only embarrassed when I accidentally step into all the BS you sling. Folks in philly thought they saw a centaur running the streets. Turned out it was just griff with a sup up his rear getting his daily OJS.

Give it a rest. I've slapped the taste out of your mouth on these boards. I'm surprised you haven't put me on ignore like the rest of the people who can't handle reality.

New Englander

Yeah Griff.....the Division Manager is out following you around. LOL!

What planet are you from again? My god! :smart:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...I'm surprised you haven't put me on ignore like the rest of the people who can't handle reality.

Griff, I don't have an issue with you, although I do think that you and Tie should take your comedy routine on the road, perhaps as a UPS fundraiser to buy Big Brown a new saddle. I am writing to express my support of the ignore feature of this forum. There are several members of this forum whose posts I simply don't want to read and, for that reason, I have added their names to my ignore list, which currently has 3 members and includes a certain Really Old Driver who has yet to be able to move on after his retirement and has yet to realize that this is not the same UPS that he worked for. My use of the ignore feature has absolutely nothing to do with my being unable to handle reality--I simply don't want to read the posts from these members and, as such, have chosen to ignore them. Now, if this feature had only been available during my marriage...

JustTired

free at last.......
Yeah Griff.....the Division Manager is out following you around. LOL!

What planet are you from again? My god! :smart:

The silver lining to following someone around all the time is that if they're doing that, that's less time to come up with some other hair-brain scheme.

Besides....once they've echoed the commands from above....there's not a lot left to do. Of course, in our center, that would cut down on shopping and haircare time!:wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Griff, I don't have an issue with you, although I do think that you and Tie should take your comedy routine on the road, perhaps as a UPS fundraiser to buy Big Brown a new saddle. I am writing to express my support of the ignore feature of this forum. There are several members of this forum whose posts I simply don't want to read and, for that reason, I have added their names to my ignore list, which currently has 3 members and includes a certain Really Old Driver who has yet to be able to move on after his retirement and has yet to realize that this is not the same UPS that he worked for. My use of the ignore feature has absolutely nothing to do with my being unable to handle reality--I simply don't want to read the posts from these members and, as such, have chosen to ignore them. Now, if this feature had only been available during my marriage...[/quot

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

BigBrownSanta

Griff, I don't have an issue with you, although I do think that you and Tie should take your comedy routine on the road, perhaps as a UPS fundraiser to buy Big Brown a new saddle. I am writing to express my support of the ignore feature of this forum. There are several members of this forum whose posts I simply don't want to read and, for that reason, I have added their names to my ignore list, which currently has 3 members and includes a certain Really Old Driver who has yet to be able to move on after his retirement and has yet to realize that this is not the same UPS that he worked for. My use of the ignore feature has absolutely nothing to do with my being unable to handle reality--I simply don't want to read the posts from these members and, as such, have chosen to ignore them. Now, if this feature had only been available during my marriage...[/quot

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Posting as an unregistered guest will bypass the ignore function, i think.

BTW, Rod, I agree.