Opting into 9.5 during peak

undies

I know. 9.5 cannot be enforced during peak. But can we still opt into the list during that time?

My thoughts are that given the 70 hour change, more drivers would be open to the idea of being a 9.5 driver, if only as a form of protest.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Will be running ground as well ....loaded also w buisness stops .... many closed so it will just be in the way all day for us too get at the residential stops...

We are not running a ground operation at all today as we are all caught up. I was asked to run air today as most of those guys are out of hours.

It makes sense to load your cars today as this will be the same plan that they will use on Monday.

Future

Victory Ride
We are not running a ground operation at all today as we are all caught up. I was asked to run air today as most of those guys are out of hours.

It makes sense to load your cars today as this will be the same plan that they will use on Monday.
I understand y they r loading them with buisness.....but it does cause issues for today

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I understand y they r loading them with buisness.....but it does cause issues for today

You may be surprised as to how many of them will either be open or will have someone there that would be willing to accept their deliveries.

Walmart receiving is open on Saturday throughout Peak.

All of your retails should be open.

undies

Can someone point out where the 9.5 language is regarding peak is in the current contract? I'm just not seeing it :-/

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Ok. Can we opt in Jan 2nd based on the previous weeks work?
You can inform your manager that you would like to request your workday below 9.5 hours on January 2nd.

Language:
The Employer shall make a reasonable effort to reduce package car drivers’ workdays below nine and one half (9.5) hours per day where requested.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Can someone point out where the 9.5 language is regarding peak is in the current contract? I'm just not seeing it :-/
Article 37.
Read the whole thing.
If you don’t see it, you might be reading your phone book. Maybe the Bible.

DriverNerd

Article 37

(c) The Employer shall make a reasonable effort to reduce package car drivers’ workdays below nine and one half (9.5) hours per day where requested. If a review indicates that progress is not being made in the reduction of assigned hours of work, (i.e the package driver has worked more than 9.5 hours on three (3) days in a workweek), the following language shall apply, except in the months of November and December:

The affected regular package driver may make such a request to be added to the “9.5 Opt-In List” effective on the first day of his/her workweek after making the request.

undies

Excellent! I'll work on making sure as many drivers as possible opt in on Jan 2nd. I know it's a pipe dream, but if we all did this, it would send a great message to corporate.