unloady

Hello everybody. Quick question regarding option days. I'm in the western region (southern california). I've noticed on my pay stub and "time off viewer" on upsers that there is "option week", and "option time". I have looked through my supplement and there is no section regarding vacation time/time off. I have read previously that certain locals/supplements allow the use of option days within an hour of start time. I plan on calling my BA tommorow to resolve this issue but i was curious if anyone knew the difference between "option time" and "option week". Here is my supplement -

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/07232014_western_region.pdf

Correct me if I am wrong but i didn't see any language regarding time off. Anyways, i hope you all had a great new years and a good evening.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Option days should be scheduled as early as possible, however not less than 10 calendar days prior. Article 16 of the JC3 Rider, section 8 subsection a, page 248 of your contract.

To be paid for a SICK day you must notify Ups 1 hour or more prior to the start of your shift. But sick time and option days/personal holidays are different.

An option week is just an extra full week of vacation.

CoolStoryBro

Option week is an additional week of vacation that is paid as 40 hours instead of 45 hours. You have the option to schedule this vacation like a normal vacation week OR get paid out without taking the week off.

Option days are 8 hour days you schedule in advance. I'm fuzzy on the details exactly but it's something like 10 business days here. In my center they usually will schedule it with less notice no one has that day scheduled off. That's why I don't know the exact details. I'm in the Western conference.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Option week is an additional week of vacation that is paid as 40 hours instead of 45 hours. You have the option to schedule this vacation like a normal vacation week OR get paid out without taking the week off.

Option days are 8 hour days you schedule in advance. I'm fuzzy on the details exactly but it's something like 10 business days here. In my center they usually will schedule it with less notice no one has that day scheduled off. That's why I don't know the exact details. I'm in the Western conference.

cool story bro

Future

Victory Ride
cool story bro
1BA9A229-85F0-47D8-86D2-4A2341C8EDF5.gif

UPSjedi41

Your vacation weeks are paid at only 40 hours? Wow. We get 50 hours per week regardless of it being an option week or not. Local 705 Chicago

CoolStoryBro

Your vacation weeks are paid at only 40 hours? Wow. We get 50 hours per week regardless of it being an option week or not. Local 705 Chicago

No. Your vacation weeks are 45 hours paid. Our option week is an additional 40 hour week of vacation on top of the normal contract vacation weeks.

We get 5 option days AND one option week where I am at (and 5 sick days). Western region.

Rack em

Made the Podium
No. Your vacation weeks are 45 hours paid. Our option week is an additional 40 hour week of vacation on top of the normal contract vacation weeks.

We get 5 option days AND one option week where I am at (and 5 sick days). Western region.
Western is only 4 optional days per year.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My local is 4 option days with the ability to use a sick day (called a sick optional) as the fifth to get an extra week of vacation. Or you can schedule the optionals individually. I've been allowed to dip into my sick bank (of which I have almost a month's worth) for lay off days. I never had enough lay off days to get unemployment, but seemed to have enough to have trouble paying bills.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder

Totally wrong in the Southwest. You’re speaking nonsense.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

50 hour check for the option week