BlackCat

In my local, our vacation checks are not based on "hrs". We are paid out at 1/52nd of last years earnings.

It sucks for guys who are low on the totem pole and have numerous dead days/ layoff days.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
In the central option week is paid 50 hours. It has to be taken the first week of vacation, you can work the week and bank a extra Check. We don’t have option days only personal holidays which we have to put in 8 days before the day scheduled off. I’m assuming that option days and personal days are similar, just worded different in other supplements in the US.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
In my local, our vacation checks are not based on "hrs". We are paid out at 1/52nd of last years earnings.

It sucks for guys who are low on the totem pole and have numerous dead days/ layoff days.
Wow that sucks, gives incentive to work I guess. We have that issue with cover drivers not working and complaining about there check. At least they get a full vacation check.

The Driver

I drive.
Sorry for my typo above. "your" should be "our." won't let me edit.

DAF40B2A-715E-46C9-85A5-148309DA32F4.gif

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
In the central option week is paid 50 hours. It has to be taken the first week of vacation, you can work the week and bank a extra Check. We don’t have option days only personal holidays which we have to put in 8 days before the day scheduled off. I’m assuming that option days and personal days are similar, just worded different in other supplements in the US.
CDEED8C8-3CEC-41E3-8536-8639BC579555.gif
I don’t know where you people get your information. Lmfao. “It has to be taken first week of vacation “. Lmfao.

Johney

We don’t have option days only personal holidays which we have to put in 8 days before the day scheduled off. I’m assuming that option days and personal days are similar, just worded different in other supplements in the US.
What happens if you're sick? No pay?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Correct me if I am wrong but i didn't see any language regarding time off.

Check out the riders where you are. It details your options for time off.

Possibly JC3 or Southwest Package Rider.

We don’t have option days only personal holidays

They are referred to as Optional Holidays in the contract, same thing as personal days, personal holidays or option days.

I don’t know where you people get your information. Lmfao. “It has to be taken first week of vacation “. Lmfao.

From the contract, where info should be taken from. I would hate to find out where you get your info from.

Central Region Supplement

Article 16 - Vacations

For employees who elect to take an option week as a vacation week,
the first week of vacation selected will be deemed the option week
and will be paid at fifty (50) hours for full-time and twenty-five (25)
hours for part-time at the appropriate rate of pay.

What happens if you're sick? No pay?

No pay.

Unless we have selected to break up a few of our weeks, or to take pay in lieu of time off for at least one of them and then have a "sick" fund.

Although, there is no guarantee that UPS has to pay us for a vacation, or option day, on a day we call in. Those days need to be scheduled 8 days in advance.

They will usually pay them, though, to get them out of the way.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

They are referred to as Optional Holidays in the contract, same thing as personal days, personal holidays or option days.

From the contract, where info should be taken from. I would hate to find out where you get your info from.

Article 16 - Vacations

No pay.

Unless we have selected to break up a few of our weeks, or to take pay in lieu of time off for at least one of them and then have a "sick" fund.

Although, there is no guarantee that UPS has to pay us for a vacation, or option day, on a day we call in. Those days need to be scheduled 8 days in advance.

I’m in the Central. We are asked what week we want to use it. D*.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Article 16 - Vacations

No pay.

Also. Blow itoutta yer ass! Smart guy. It is given as the first week IF you don’t specify which week you want paid the 50 instead of 45. Shove it sideways

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I’m in the Central. We are asked what week we want to use it. D*.

Also. Blow itoutta yer ass! Smart guy. It is given as the first week IF you don’t specify which week you want paid the 50 instead of 45. Shove it sideways

Again, I refer you to the contract.

Your local management may do it differently, but they are not abiding by the contract.

Article 16 - Vacations

BuckyBadger

I have the 710 contract booklet, but where do I find info about vacations, option days, option weeks for part timers?
Dumb question, I know.