Ordering Uniforms

brownman2075

Is anyone else having trouble ordering replacement uniforms for the colder weather? I’ve been told that since Twin Hill got wind of UPS switching uniform manufacturers that they stopped producing uniforms under the current contract with them. I’m being told that additional uniforms won’t be available until January. In the mean time, I’m down to 3 pairs of pants and a ripped coat from last winter, down from 5 pairs. I will be shocked if these 3 pairs will last to January. When I questioned management what happens when these last 3 pair are no longer wearable before January, what do I wear to work, jeans? The supervisors response was “learn to sew.” If I’m not mistaken, under contract isn’t UPS required to provide uniforms to drivers? Is anyone else having this problem?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Is anyone else having trouble ordering replacement uniforms for the colder weather? I’ve been told that since Twin Hill got wind of UPS switching uniform manufacturers that they stopped producing uniforms under the current contract with them. I’m being told that additional uniforms won’t be available until January. In the mean time, I’m down to 3 pairs of pants and a ripped coat from last winter, down from 5 pairs. I will be shocked if these 3 pairs will last to January. When I questioned management what happens when these last 3 pair are no longer wearable before January, what do I wear to work, jeans? The supervisors response was “learn to sew.” If I’m not mistaken, under contract isn’t UPS required to provide uniforms to drivers? Is anyone else having this problem?
What the heck ya doing that three pairs of pants won’t last three months? I mean, ya, it’s in the contract, order them or file, but really?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I would file a grievances against that Supervisor. Their response did not treat you with dignity and respect. One your uniforms are no longer in good conditions show up in jeans and a hoody.
Bet they find a way to get you some uniforms.
Remember Management is the ENEMY.

brownman2075

Yeah we just had that talk absolutely no hoodies or other non UPS approved winter gear this year but, nothing being ordered is showing up.

Basically, you are having the same problem? Maybe some of the other drivers on here could ask management what is going on and see if the story consistent? If this is really going on then where are they getting helper uniforms from for peak?

brownman2075

What the heck ya doing that three pairs of pants won’t last three months? I mean, ya, it’s in the contract, order them or file, but really?

It’s insane that I would have to file a grievance for a new :censored2:ing coat and pants. They usually care about appearances. Northeast winters and winter weather are rough here. I think it’s the road salt that chews up the fabric over time and weekly washing. I use tide, maybe it’s not the most gentle on fabric. Don’t know. My holes are usually in the knees from kneeling on the truck floor moving around excessively heavy packages like furniture, beds, mattresses, ... I can’t be the only one who has noticed more and more excessively heavy packages over the years. There was another company before twin hill that had better quality uniforms and I had less problems with them back when I was an Article 22 air driver and I would wear the uniform loading trucks on the midnight shift and I never had a problem with holes.

Indecisi0n

It’s insane that I would have to file a grievance for a new :censored2:ing coat and pants. They usually care about appearances. Northeast winters and winter weather are rough here. I think it’s the road salt that chews up the fabric over time and weekly washing. I use tide, maybe it’s not the most gentle on fabric. Don’t know. My holes are usually in the knees from kneeling on the truck floor moving around excessively heavy packages like furniture, beds, mattresses, ... I can’t be the only one who has noticed more and more excessively heavy packages over the years. There was another company before twin hill that had better quality uniforms and I had less problems with them back when I was an Article 22 air driver and I would wear the uniform loading trucks on the midnight shift and I never had a problem with holes.
It's still considered early morning for me so I could still be half asleep but did you just say road salt is chewing up your cloths ?!

brownman2075

It's still considered early morning for me so I could still be half asleep but did you just say road salt is chewing up your cloths ?!

Absolutely, it chews up the leather of my work shoes. It destroys the road. I go through work shoes more during the winter months. Why wouldn’t wet pants that get dissolved road salt on them not be chewing up the fabric of the pants. Salt changes the pH of water to become corrosive. Depending on the type of salt used can make water slightly more acidic or slightly basic. Either way it is corrosive to fabrics, roads or the environment. Imagine what happens when breathing in that aerosol mist kicked up by other vehicles.

Ghost in the Darkness

You can't order uniforms this time of year because its peak and they have to worry about helpers and all. Also since they only give them seasonal helper vests there is no money available to order uniforms until the middle of next year. You will however be threatened with losing your job if you are not dressed to the satisfaction of the non-essential employees.

brownman2075

You can't order uniforms this time of year because its peak and they have to worry about helpers and all. Also since they only give them seasonal helper vests there is no money available to order uniforms until the middle of next year. You will however be threatened with losing your job if you are not dressed to the satisfaction of the non-essential employees.

Ok. Looks like I’ll have to contact my local rep for advice on what to do.

rod

Retired 22 years
Damn--I should have saved all my UPS clothes I burned at my retirement party and sold them. I bet I burned 12 -15 pairs of pants. I tried to turn all that stuff (pants- shorts-shirts and jackets) in at work but the center manager said "what the hell am I suppose to do with that stuff" so in the fire they went. Nobody at the party wanted them but they did take all my UPS socks. P.S. They burned good.