Organizing was stronger before hoffa!!

image.jpg
@anHOURover

10 point

So politicians are the reason for the huge list of decertifications of the IBT found by typing in Decertification of the IBT @ Unionfacts.com?

Pls explain that.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So politicians are the reason for the huge list of decertifications of the IBT found by typing in Decertification of the IBT @ Unionfacts.com?

Pls explain that.
You need to research all decisions of the NLRB. The NLRB dismisses many of these decertification attempts. Believe it or not but the majority of decertification attempts are actually orchestrated and initiated by companies themselves.

10 point

Reading UnionFacts for "facts" is like watching FoxNews for news.
It's the only list I found on line with case numbers.
You need to research all decisions of the NLRB. The NLRB dismisses many of these decertification attempts. Believe it or not but the majority of decertification attempts are actually orchestrated and initiated by companies themselves.
Not all of them are initiated by the companies.

member6045

You mean to tell me out of 100 guys you have no one who skips their lunch? Sorts their truck for free before start time? Clocks out at the airwall? I'm willing to put $ on my side of the bet !

My statement was that out of 100 guys no one is on 9.5 list!! As for list you just presented? Are members loading there trucks before they start? Yes! Some do! I could blame it on many things!!! But I don't Tim or any of the board members telling them to get out of there trucks and stop working? Because there not even in the buildings.

804brown

My statement was that out of 100 guys no one is on 9.5 list!! As for list you just presented? Are members loading there trucks before they start? Yes! Some do! I could blame it on many things!!! But I don't Tim or any of the board members telling them to get out of there trucks and stop working? Because there not even in the buildings.
Making sure drivers dont work before their start time is the shop steward's job. As for the E/B members "not even in the buildings", that is a lie. Granted, during the summer some BAs might be on vacation, but they generally are in my building at least twice a week. But I think you know that already. You just come on here to attempt to disparage Tim by making s#it up. People like you have been lying on here and to the membership since they got in office. And since then they have been re-elected by the membership because they do show up at buildings and they do care and they do not feel entitled to their positions.
As for this upcoming election in our local, whether there will be 2 or 3 or 4 slates running, Tim's Members United Slate will win. Why?? Because they made promises and they kept them. They expanded the size of the board which allows them to cover every shift. They cut their own salaries by a 1/3 when they got in. They stopped the go along to get along mentality. They fixed the H/W Funds. They got us a $400 increase in our pensions. They negotiated a solid Supplement when other locals and or Intl gave back. In other words, they delivered for the membership and the membership will reward them.

10 point

I did. But I'm sure your logic was to blame the international yet almost every one in your list is a local issue.
"My" list?
I don't have a list.
I hear your point. I respect that you probably have some valid info.
I didn't elaborate about my local. (Tyson isn't in my local if you're wondering.)
I would say there's other issues besides national politics.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Making sure drivers dont work before their start time is the shop steward's job. As for the E/B members "not even in the buildings", that is a lie. Granted, during the summer some BAs might be on vacation, but they generally are in my building at least twice a week. But I think you know that already. You just come on here to attempt to disparage Tim by making s#it up. People like you have been lying on here and to the membership since they got in office. And since then they have been re-elected by the membership because they do show up at buildings and they do care and they do not feel entitled to their positions.
As for this upcoming election in our local, whether there will be 2 or 3 or 4 slates running, Tim's Members United Slate will win. Why?? Because they made promises and they kept them. They expanded the size of the board which allows them to cover every shift. They cut their own salaries by a 1/3 when they got in. They stopped the go along to get along mentality. They fixed the H/W Funds. They got us a $400 increase in our pensions. They negotiated a solid Supplement when other locals and or Intl gave back. In other words, they delivered for the membership and the membership will reward them.
The only thing they got going is 3 other slates running and some of those slates are incomplete.......it's very difficult to lose as incumbents

804brown

There are a few reasons that being one
Yes, it is very true there are several reasons why we have taken it on the chin. It is republican/reactionary politicians pushing RTW(for less) policies and fighting card check in certain states. It is technology, automation and increased efficiencies. It is trade policies which favor investor rights over labor rights. It is decertifications. It is our Intl not focusing on organizing as much as it should. There is a lot of blame to go around.
We can change some of that by un-electing reactionary pols and electing Union leaders who know how to organize; who have spent years organizing; who have the fire in their bellies to take on Corporate America.