Orion 100%

GenericUsername

So, I finally started following Orion 100%. No more searching for stops throughout the DIAD and highlighting things/forgetting to highlight things. No more worries about my own routing with all the area knowledge... This is the best thing ever. I also worked a hell of a lot longer than I normally would, which resulted in 4 9.5+ hour days this past week. The only question I have is why did I not do this sooner?

iruhnman630

Because you actually care about servicing your customers, unlike the Orion people who rout a business or a school for 6 pm delivery?

They really pulled a nice joke on us when they set it all up, told us to follow it, but not TOO closely, and left it up to us to hit their metric

Last edited:

DorkHead

Retired 30 yr. circle of honor driver here. Orion opened my eyes to how tech can be more efficient. You need to tweak your DOL monthly for it to work to your advantage.

Overpaid Union Thug

So, I finally started following Orion 100%. No more searching for stops throughout the DIAD and highlighting things/forgetting to highlight things. No more worries about my own routing with all the area knowledge... This is the best thing ever. I also worked a hell of a lot longer than I normally would, which resulted in 4 9.5+ hour days this past week. The only question I have is why did I not do this sooner?
I’ve been telling people this since the beginning. ORION is awesome.

Want more hours? Follow it.

Want less work? Get on the 9.5 list and follow it.

Want to get rid of commercial stops at the end of the day? Follow it.

All these people refusing to follow it are cowards. Claiming it’s because they care about their customers. They may care. But that’s not why they won’t use ORION. They are just too chicken s##t to do what it takes to get it fixed. They’d rather stress scroll their DIAD screens everyday like they’re playing a video game for their lives. Many of which start studying them well before start time. HA! Pathetic.

charm299

Because you actually care about servicing your customers, unlike the Orion people who rout a business or a school for 6 pm delivery?

They really pulled a nice joke on us when they set it all up, told us to follow it, but not TOO closely, and left it up to us to hit their metric
I got written up the other day for following orion

JL 0513

Plus, scrolling and finding stops is harder on the DIAD 6. Stops are now filled with unnecessary information which clutters everything up, instead of just a # and street.

charm299

Which was……?
We didn’t leave the building until 9:30 and I had 12 air. My first two stops in diad were on my way to my area literally a block off the street. I ran the air how it was in Orion and had 1 late air. They wouldn’t have wrote me up but I’ve been filing a lot of 9.5 and 8 hour request grievances. The first 2 stops was 12:00 air

Overpaid Union Thug

We didn’t leave the building until 9:30 and I had 12 air. My first two stops in diad were on my way to my area literally a block off the street. I ran the air how it was in Orion and had 1 late air. They wouldn’t have wrote me up but I’ve been filing a lot of 9.5 and 8 hour request grievances. The first 2 stops was 12:00 air
I will break trace for NDAs. Not technically a trace break but whatever. But after that air is off I’m going back to where I broke off. Same for later commercial stops. If I even notice them in the manifest in time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I’ve been telling people this since the beginning. ORION is awesome.

Want more hours? Follow it.

Want less work? Get on the 9.5 list and follow it.

Want to get rid of commercial stops at the end of the day? Follow it.

All these people refusing to follow it are cowards. Claiming it’s because they care about their customers. They may care. But that’s not why they won’t use ORION. They are just too chicken s##t to do what it takes to get it fixed. They’d rather stress scroll their DIAD screens everyday like they’re playing a video game for their lives. Many of which start studying them well before start time. HA! Pathetic.
My kids will inherit a lot more cash out of my retirement accounts because I chose to follow ORION 100% from the start. Bonus was I didn't have to work as hard to do it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I ran straight air
I've always wondered about this one. I cover a route like this the 1200 commits are in a residential chunk you drive through on route to the businesses. It would cost 40 minutes to return for the resis later. I'm in the "do it the way that makes sense until you get the warning letter" boat. That letter is like an investment. If you get one for doing a 1200 before a 1030. Make it print cash.

In this case. I did nothing. The driver for this route did exactly this and routed the 1200s after the 1030s. Went over 9.5 for weeks. Dispatcher eventually adjusted the air trace to only include business air.

charm299

I've always wondered about this one. I cover a route like this the 1200 commits are in a residential chunk you drive through on route to the businesses. It would cost 40 minutes to return for the resis later. I'm in the "do it the way that makes sense until you get the warning letter" boat. That letter is like an investment. If you get one for doing a 1200 before a 1030. Make it print cash.

In this case. I did nothing. The driver for this route did exactly this and routed the 1200s after the 1030s. Went over 9.5 for weeks. Dispatcher eventually adjusted the air trace to only include business air.
Same day I got wrote up for that, I also got wrote up for not making an 8 hr request the day before. That’s how dumb they are. Steward laughed in their face

GenericUsername

Did you follow the itinerary updates as well?
Every. Single. Update.

When I left the building it had me going to a ground stop then hit a few air. I delivered the ground, it updated, and I passed by 3 air to go to a noon air about 2 minutes away. Then I went to some 1030s. I literally went into the same community 5 times when I would normally get in there one single time...

AKCoverMan

Plus, scrolling and finding stops is harder on the DIAD 6. Stops are now filled with unnecessary information which clutters everything up, instead of just a # and street.
You can change the view… there are three settings.. “Verbose”, “Compact”, and “Classic”. The Classic setting is very much like DIAD 5 EDD screen except more stops per page. I actually like Compact best now.

AKCoverMan

Are you guys getting trace updates after leaving the building on the Six? I haven’t had a “reshuffle“ since we switched over.