Orion 3.0 Disaster.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I've been on the same split car for the last month and Orion routinely dispatches an elementary school as the very last stop on the route, even at 180+ stops. I followed it stop-for-stop my first day on it because I didn't know any of the addresses and had no cradle. Got there at about 6:30 and managed to sneak in through the back door and about scared the piss out of the custodian who pulls out his earbuds and looks at me and goes, "How did you get in?"

I go there first thing once I get to that area now, and yeah that's mostly because the receptionist is hot, but I just don't feel like going to such great lengths to avoid having a missed anymore.
The receptionist thing is reason enough, no need to justify further.

Overpaid Union Thug

I absolutely agree. Upper management forces Center level management to cheat just to cover their jobs. Look at all of the ghost pick ups on most routes. Some pick ups moved or went out of business 5 or 10 years ago.
On car sups and center managers live conference call to conference call. If they can make it from one to the next without getting threatened with their jobs then they have succeeded. Morals be damned.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
On car sups and center managers live conference call to conference call. If they can make it from one to the next without getting threatened with their jobs then they have succeeded. Morals be damned.
Our center manager uses the “I’m gonna hear about it on the conference call” line in the PCM sometimes when it comes to telematics, accidents or whatever. It’s so motivating!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't know if I'm the only one that notices? But the more technology the more complicated it gets and things don't work the stock seems to go up.
They just keep giving us more and more work. I regularly see rural routes that need under 60 to get air in that go out with 80-90 regularly

Ghost in the Darkness

How does lunch work now? You start lunch at current time then end at current time? I heard the diad locks you out for lunch break if you haven't taken it by a certain? Are you locked out when you do take lunch? What happens when a customer walks up to see of they can sign for their package during your lunchbreak?

PT Car Washer

How does lunch work now? You start lunch at current time then end at current time? I heard the diad locks you out for lunch break if you haven't taken it by a certain? Are you locked out when you do take lunch? What happens when a customer walks up to see of they can sign for their package during your lunchbreak?
I don't think our DIADs lock us out. Actually I never tried it. If I was sitting in the truck during lunch break and a customer came up wanting a package and I knew where it was I would just take the minute and take care of the customer. I can always make up the time later during OT. If I was sitting down eating lunch they can either wait or catch up with me later. How often does this really happen?

Ghost in the Darkness

I was just wondering... i have no issue with giving people their stuff just didnt know if the diad would let u scan when coded out on lunch. We hear all sorts of rumors... i was curious and figured those of you with experience with 3.0 could put the rumors to bed or confirm them.