Orion 3.0 Disaster.

AKCoverMan

Great, we starting it this week

This is incredible, outside the box thinking! If a new system fails horribly at a number of locations and brings these locations to a screeching halt to the point the company has to uninstall it, then the obvious next step is to try it somewhere else and see if it crashes again! Brilliant!!

21Savage

Is it true you can't take lunch at the building anymore because you now have to take lunch befor3 you finish your last stop?

Ghost in the Darkness

We don't have 3.0 but i know drivers were taking lunch after their return to building time so they said that can't happen anymore. I guess it depends on what they say at your building but my advice would be make sure you coded lunch out before that.
Its best to take lunch in the early to mid-afternoon. I don't always take mine btwn 3.5-6.5 hrs but always before I do pickups and at the latest by 1600/1630.
95% of the time I take it early to mid afternoon.

JJinVA

We don't have 3.0 but i know drivers were taking lunch after their return to building time so they said that can't happen anymore. I guess it depends on what they say at your building but my advice would be make sure you coded lunch out before that.
Its best to take lunch in the early to mid-afternoon. I don't always take mine btwn 3.5-6.5 hrs but always before I do pickups and at the latest by 1600/1630.
95% of the time I take it early to mid afternoon.

The only time I didnt take lunches was when I was qualifying. Now I take my whole hour everyday, because I know that the slack drivers that always expect help at the end of the day are taking their entire hour. So it doesnt make sense to rush through lunch knowing theyre just gonna ask me to go help them. I run my air, my bulk stops, my businesses. Then I take lunch, go through my truck and organize it, look for misloads. Takes me all of 8 minutes to eat, 25 minutes to go through my truck, then the rest I just chill and surf the web or listen to music/call friends. It really doesnt make sense to NOT take the whole hour lunch as its provided by law, not the company.

Ghost in the Darkness

They make the "its the law" part up. They certainly say nothing during peak when you take 1 min lunch and work over 12-13hrs. That's the only time its beneficial to not take a lunch if your center puts a curfew on drivers... and I guess if it helps you qualify.
I do nothing work related on lunch or break... unless a customer needs to get a package or have me take a package from them. I recoup that time before I start working again.
We have to do misload checks usually at some point during the noon hour so I sort the load when I check for misloads. If you have to handle every package you may as well sort it too.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Is it true you can't take lunch at the building anymore because you now have to take lunch befor3 you finish your last stop?
God that would be amazing! Nothing sadder than going to punch out and put your board in the rack, and theres 10 drivers circle jerking eachother to how bad they each got skrewed that day. Let them cry alone

JJinVA

God that would be amazing! Nothing sadder than going to punch out and put your board in the rack, and theres 10 drivers circle jerking eachother to how bad they each got skrewed that day. Let them cry alone

I know a guy who used to punch out his whole hour for lunch and just work through it before Orion 3.0 got released forcing everyone to take a lunch after their last stop/pickup, and using the time key to end their lunch. Im sure he made some kind of deal with the supes that if he did that, he just wanted to be left alone after he finished and didnt want to go help other drivers. Which they seemed to honor for the most part because I rarely saw him go help people, but occasionally I did and would think "damn, this guy punched out an hour that he didnt take and STILL had to go help people". And of course he was always super pissed when he did have to go help. I was wondering why everyday he was beating Orion by over 180 clicks. I havent looked now since the update but Ill have to check if hes still "killing" that route. But Im sure there are still people who just punch out the last half hour drive back to the building as their lunch. Not me. Not anymore anyways now that I realized the chances of them asking me to go help someone dramatically decrease when I do take the whole hour.

Was funny when I first started taking the whole hour because I know the office wasnt expecting me to, and would send me a message to "take stops off such and such when I get done", and they would tell me that right as I started my lunch. So then Id take the whole hour, go finish my stops, call the center and ask if such and such still needed help, and theyd say, "Na, we're lookin good you can just go ahead and come on back". pahahaha

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
How big are ur centers? We have about 100 drivers at my building and we still have Orion3.0
So your center must cover a lot of miles and have rural areas??? Here the farthest loops from our building can’t transfer Edd on road. Doesn’t pick up a signal, I’m assuming because we’re too far away... So when the rookies come to take stops off me in the woods I have to walk them through every single stop cause google maps is also useless out there. It’s awesome. The horrified look in their eyes when they realize they’re not gonna be able to burn these 20 stops off in 45 minutes. This has happened with at least 4-5 22.4’s over the last couple months since we got 3.0. I’ve been telling them “time to REALLY learn how to drive buddy. Call me if you can’t find one”

Ghost in the Darkness

How would that be beneficial?

A few reasons but I certainly see both sides of taking or not taking lunch during peak.
Say you have a curfew to be in by 10pm to make the last ground pull... by not taking lunch you work (insert contractual lunch period of time here) more than what you could have. If under the 60 hr rule it gets closer... and it gives that much more in OT. If under the 70 hr rule it gets you more double time hours. We had only one week last peak under the 70 hr rule so come the end of the week its the difference between working a 6th punch and not. I'd rather get my hours in 5 days than in 6.
If they want to make it hurt, then I'm going to make it hurt.

Ghost in the Darkness

I know a guy who used to punch out his whole hour for lunch and just work through it before Orion 3.0 got released forcing everyone to take a lunch after their last stop/pickup, and using the time key to end their lunch. Im sure he made some kind of deal with the supes that if he did that, he just wanted to be left alone after he finished and didnt want to go help other drivers. Which they seemed to honor for the most part because I rarely saw him go help people, but occasionally I did and would think "damn, this guy punched out an hour that he didnt take and STILL had to go help people". And of course he was always super pissed when he did have to go help. I was wondering why everyday he was beating Orion by over 180 clicks. I havent looked now since the update but Ill have to check if hes still "killing" that route. But Im sure there are still people who just punch out the last half hour drive back to the building as their lunch. Not me. Not anymore anyways now that I realized the chances of them asking me to go help someone dramatically decrease when I do take the whole hour.

Was funny when I first started taking the whole hour because I know the office wasnt expecting me to, and would send me a message to "take stops off such and such when I get done", and they would tell me that right as I started my lunch. So then Id take the whole hour, go finish my stops, call the center and ask if such and such still needed help, and theyd say, "Na, we're lookin good you can just go ahead and come on back". pahahaha

Those people that work through their lunches and breaks are idiots. Why give anything back to this company. We ARE the company and so often we are treated and talked to like we are dogshhitte.

I used to be scratch all the time until they jacked up their numbers to allow them to dispatch everyone more work. My goal is to be 30-45 mins or more over everyday. I don't call them or anyone under their directive. I will privately help or answer questions from another driver.. but not management. I answer pretty much everyone message with...1)will contact asap...which I like to think of in my mind as the friend&$% off button.

JJinVA

Those people that work through their lunches and breaks are idiots. Why give anything back to this company. We ARE the company and so often we are treated and talked to like we are dogshhitte.

I used to be scratch all the time until they jacked up their numbers to allow them to dispatch everyone more work. My goal is to be 30-45 mins or more over everyday. I don't call them or anyone under their directive. I will privately help or answer questions from another driver.. but not management. I answer pretty much everyone message with...1)will contact asap...which I like to think of in my mind as the friend&$% off button.

Our center is terrible about sending messages. I remember a day not too long ago we got 14 messages from 4 different ppl, mostly safety related, as if I was JUST PLANNING to start driving with my eyes closed until they sent that enlightening message of hope to me lol.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
They gave us a manifest printed in Orion order with forecasted stops, so it was worthless. Other than having a bunch of smart pickups that I had to check in, it was probably one of my better days since I didn't have to deal with Orion.
I never follow Orion. As long as you beat their B.S. time schedule. You won’t hear about it. :censored2: orion

JJinVA

I never follow Orion. As long as you beat their B.S. time schedule. You won’t hear about it. :censored2: orion

I decided to be a d*ck Saturday and ran a completely jumbled Orion in trace. Hey, they want to give me a shizzy dispatch and expect me to go out there and re-order it on the fly every weekend to benefit them? Na... I drove by some of the same stops over 5 times and laughed everytime I drove by them. Guarantee the charts will say I ran trace 100% though lol. Oh well, if your Orion 3.0 Artificial Intelligence is so awesome, maybe next time it will calculate a better trace

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I decided to be a d*ck Saturday and ran a completely jumbled Orion in trace. Hey, they want to give me a shizzy dispatch and expect me to go out there and re-order it on the fly every weekend to benefit them? Na... I drove by some of the same stops over 5 times and laughed everytime I drove by them. Guarantee the charts will say I ran trace 100% though lol. Oh well, if your Orion 3.0 Artificial Intelligence is so awesome, maybe next time it will calculate a better trace
I’m proud of you union brother we need more troops like you. Too many rabbits like @S.friend. Rush ruining good routes.
🧔✊

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The only time I didnt take lunches was when I was qualifying. Now I take my whole hour everyday, because I know that the slack drivers that always expect help at the end of the day are taking their entire hour. So it doesnt make sense to rush through lunch knowing theyre just gonna ask me to go help them. I run my air, my bulk stops, my businesses. Then I take lunch, go through my truck and organize it, look for misloads. Takes me all of 8 minutes to eat, 25 minutes to go through my truck, then the rest I just chill and surf the web or listen to music/call friends. It really doesnt make sense to NOT take the whole hour lunch as its provided by law, not the company.
You go through the truck on lunch?

No no no no