Orion 3.0 Disaster.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have to write up my diad holder. If I use it all day, my diad will eventually quit displaying a map and shortly after will lock up the board, forcing a restart. It started a year or so ago and my supe said to use it until my board needed a restart and then quit. It got to the place where it would happen earlier and earlier in the day, so I would use it until I quit following orion and everything was fine.

Until I covered a couple of weeks in feeders and some brandy new drivers covered my route. Everyone forgot about the board locking up and when it happened, instead of restarting the board, they sent our a new one. Took the new guy lots of extra time to cover because he had never been in the town where my route is and had no idea where to go when the mapnav quit working.

I prefer it. When it quits working, I can use the holster on my belt and everything is wonderful.

barnyard

KTM rider
I couldn’t get out of it. Next time I’ll try to void it but pretty sure it wouldn’t work.
I am pretty sure that was what I used on a route I covered. Mall route with 60 stops, 16 CPU and 2-3 OCA. The only way to figure out where to go is through the pick up menu or viewing the OCA to see the business name. Eliminating the way to view that is idiotic at best.

BuriedInCardboard

Not really that bad, just write down the time you stop for lunch. 30 minutes later or one hour later, enter that time and finish time in the diad. (Both times will match current dial time, minus 30 or sixty for start of course.)

By entering the start time at the end of lunch you are less likely to mess up the data entry.

This forces the runner-gunners to take a lunch in terms of no diad activity, although I have a feeling some are back there sorting.

You can still work through your lunch. I generally do not. But wanted an earlier day last Friday and worked through most of the hour.

specter208

I have to write up my diad holder. If I use it all day, my diad will eventually quit displaying a map and shortly after will lock up the board, forcing a restart. It started a year or so ago and my supe said to use it until my board needed a restart and then quit. It got to the place where it would happen earlier and earlier in the day, so I would use it until I quit following orion and everything was fine.

Until I covered a couple of weeks in feeders and some brandy new drivers covered my route. Everyone forgot about the board locking up and when it happened, instead of restarting the board, they sent our a new one. Took the new guy lots of extra time to cover because he had never been in the town where my route is and had no idea where to go when the mapnav quit working.

I prefer it. When it quits working, I can use the holster on my belt and everything is wonderful.
Mechanic friend mentioned improper installation by not grounding to an unpainted surface on the dash was causing some cradles to malfunction.

barnyard

KTM rider
Mechanic friend mentioned improper installation by not grounding to an unpainted surface on the dash was causing some cradles to malfunction.
My preference is that the mechanic remove it and send it in. He said that it will be at least a month or 2 before it comes back.

I am good with a month or 2 of 0% cradle usage.

opie

They are scrapping Orion 3.0 and going back to 2.0. We are supposed to switch back tomorrow (Friday) in my building.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I got like 15-20 stops of edd today while the rest hung around somewhere in the cloud. Orion 3.0 is so good!

Wow glad we got edd today. Yesterday we didn’t though.

Some guys have figured out a work around. Doesn’t always work but worth a shot. Go in like you’re transferring work and hit 3 then scan one of your own packages.