ORION and cheaper fuel

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Craziness. We were told just last week that we have to hit percentage (85) AND miles or disciplinary action will be taken. They are ramping it up more in my building...
That is one of my Favs. I can beat orion by 15 miles and be at 70%. I can follow it 100% and be 20 miles over. But they somehow think I should be both.
If it was really about saving miles they would not care if I did 70% and bet it by 15, in fact they should be happy.

BostonBo

If they let us enter the delivery window times for every address on our route, I bet it would work great. But Ohhhhhh Nooooo.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It's like trying to polish a turd. Why bother
upload_2016-2-25_19-26-31.jpeg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you work with the Orion team and dispatchers to fix it to work better, it can be pretty beneficial.
Why should I "work with them" to correct the problems with a trace that they will turn around and discipline me for failing to follow?

If I am not competent or trustworthy enough to decide how closely to follow ORION on a given day, then I am not competent or trustworthy enough to help them fix the problems with ORION either.

They cant have it both ways.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I haven't figured how these stewards and BAs are allowing drivers to be disciplined over Orion. It falls under the same area as telematics.

Article 6, Section 6
Technology and Discipline

No employee shall be discharged if such discharge is based solely upon information received from GPS or any successor system unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes of this paragraph as any intentional act or omission by an employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company). The Company must confirm by direct observation or other corroborating evidence any other violations warranting discharge. The degree of discipline dealing with off-area offenses shall not be changed because of the use of GPS.

The Company acknowledges that there have been problems with the utilization of technology in the past. Therefore, at the request of the Union’s Joint National Negotiating Com- mittee Co-Chair a meeting will be scheduled with the Company Co-Chair to discuss any alleged misuse of technology for disciplinary purposes and what steps are necessary to remedy any misuse.