Orion and Saturday Ground

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I have done some Saturday air and if I followed Orion, they would have been late. Orion has you pass stops to have you end up near the building which is bad for stuff on time constraint.
your dispatcher screwed up your AM parameters and cushion

The Driver

I drive.
saturday is the perfect day to follow ORION, it was literally built for this kind of dispatch

The more I think about it the more I think it's not a problem with Orion, it's the load quality on Saturdays. I'll just sort the :censored2: out myself on route at the beginning of the day next time.

hegro

Are you getting pep talks about Orion on Saturday? Instruction?

I'm thinking about ignoring them next time or just pulling over and sorting the whole truck after my first stop of the day. Yesterday ruined my life.

Yes, we go over who had the best orion percentage for the Saturday previously. They always say 'you know who you are if you had the worst' and look at a couple people. Really don't give a :censored2:.

Orion on Saturdays has me starting at the north end of my route and usually ending somewhere towards the south end where wally world and target are around noon. On the way south it has me skipping over lots of stops that makes sense to grab when I am a house or two away. I would rather knock out one or two neighborhood areas then hit one or two stops by each air I have to deliver. I try to get my last air stop off between 11:55 and noon. It usually has them freaking out sending me messages but it is fine because I know I will get it off.

Plus now that we cut volume on Saturdays my area has become twice the size with less stops. I am not going to ping pong my way through my route just to have to go back over the area later. I also have one or two afternoon pickups that mess with orion too so it can be quite annoying.

The more I think about it the more I think it's not a problem with Orion, it's the load quality on Saturdays. I'll just sort the :censored2: out myself on route at the beginning of the day next time.

Funny because my load quality on Saturdays is top notch. Everything is loaded about as well as you can get it. Got a new hire loading me Tues-Fri so I look forward to my Saturday work load. :lol:

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm just saying I spent too much of my day in the back of that goddamned cargo area. Never again. 12 hour day fighting Orion and the load and all the commits. Being frustrated in 102 degree heat all day takes a psychological toll on anybody.
Doesn’t me, I find cool zones often though. Get paid for getting in some ac. Especially if you’re going to be out for 12 hours, might as well make it 14.

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
For the most part the Saturday Dispatchers don't pay attention to the Saturday Orion. I travel throughout my district and that is the first that I notice when I go into a building. I have talked to many drivers throughout and they all ask to go through the route with the dispatcher to make it right. Once that is done then the ORION works well. If the Center teams don't push the issue to work on the Saturdays then it will always be crappy.

seanm0729

Saturdays are the only days I run ORION. It’s a lot easier to find things since you’re only going out with about 150 pieces. It may not be like that everywhere, but on my Saturday route RDO makes even less sense than ODO.

150 pieces?!? Where the friend do you drive? I usually have around 200 stops!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you a full time package driver???

ORION sucks and it makes my life harder than it needs to be. If I’m :censored2: off and want Saturdays off again then I’m more likely to vote against my conscience for this giveaway contract, allowing a lower paid ground driver to do this in my place.

Does that spell it out for you a little better?
He's special. Cut him some slack.

Staydryitsraining

Anybody else being instructed to run Orion on Saturdays only?

I know what this company is up to. Trying to piss us off so we will vote to allow “hybrid drivers”. They can kiss my :censored2:, I’m not giving in.
Oh youll do as they ask.
Call your BA. Say you dont want to follow orion because it keeps you on road longer, ask if you dont follow it will you be fired. Our center manager doesnt care as long as our center is over 70% as a whole. He was a driver and usually gets in an argument with the DM once a week.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
My ors optimize my route to be more orion friendly, but my sat pickups still screw it up. Next saturday i will have him relocate some more over allowed and try to time my pickups closer so i don't have to break, because I am about 30 min ahead of orion going into pickups. Tues thru Fri I run my route the way it runs best and there is never anything said about orion because they know it doesn't work in our area.
Last Friday both Orion and Rdo was wrong but with sound area knowledge I can run the board better than both anyway.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
tenor.gif

Watch gladiator movies?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
150 pieces?!? Where the friend do you drive? I usually have around 200 stops!
Geez, u should've known each route is different.

I previously had a route that's over 200 stops, butt only 70 miles vs my current rural area that's 120 stops on the average, butt 230 miles.

Saturday's routes are probably 2+ routes spliced into 1. I know that my current rural area has 3 ups drivers during the week, but it's down to 1 for Saturday deliveries, with a smaller ups driver just doing nda until about noon