ORION and the upcoming peak...

You are absolutely right.
But the problem for me is that after 31 years I still take pride in doing a good job.
That has been programmed into me.
I am simply unable to just flip a mental switch and embrace deliberate failure and forced stupidity as some sort of virtue.
It would be a lot easier if I could.
When the day comes that I no longer care about doing the job the right way, it will be time for me to retire.
Two words- Fee Ders. Lol.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Lol. Seems to be much less whining in that department...
I have a rural “retirement” route (our bids are permanent) and I am high enough on the seniority list to get my pick of vacation weeks.
If I went in to feeder now I would become a vampire, I would have to work weekends, never see my wife, and be at the bottom of the seniority list for vacation selection.
No thanks..

I have a rural “retirement” route (our bids are permanent) and I am high enough on the seniority list to get my pick of vacation weeks.
If I went in to feeder now I would become a vampire, I would have to work weekends, never see my wife, and be at the bottom of the seniority list for vacation selection.
No thanks..
It's not for everyone.

bumped

No thanks..

Your route doesn't sound like a retirement route.

soberups

Your route doesn't sound like a retirement route.
Its mostly rural residential...140 miles 95-100 stops...light pickups except for wine shipping season which sucks but only for a couple months out of the year. In our building you need at least 25 years in to bid a route like it.

oldngray

nowhere special
@TearsInRain I thought you said the company would roll half a million stops before giving RDO back to us...
plan comes together.png

soberups

I clocked off at 8:30 tonight. Had to do my last 40 stops with a helper phone because my DIAD battery died.
The only reason I made it in by 8:30...was because I turned off ODO in the office this morning and used RDO and common sense to chop 29 miles off of ORION’s so-called “solution”.
The MapNav garbage is killing us. Everyone on my center is struggling with dying DIAD batteries due to MapNav. Even if I wanted to use it...it shuts itself off around 3 or 4 everyday to conserve battery power. But by then it is too late, the battery is down to 30% and it wont survive the night.

This is getting effing ridiculous....

Delivery!!!

I clocked off at 8:30 tonight. Had to do my last 40 stops with a helper phone because my DIAD battery died.
The only reason I made it in by 8:30...was because I turned off ODO in the office this morning and used RDO and common sense to chop 29 miles off of ORION’s so-called “solution”.
The MapNav garbage is killing us. Everyone on my center is struggling with dying DIAD batteries due to MapNav. Even if I wanted to use it...it shuts itself off around 3 or 4 everyday to conserve battery power. But by then it is too late, the battery is down to 30% and it wont survive the night.

Your getting close to not caring like the rest of us, be careful.

Overpaid Union Thug

The MapNav feature, for seasoned drivers, is good for those rare occasions where you do not know weather turning left or right will save you 50 feet. For everyone else it is quite useful. I wish ORION would have been scrapped and MapNav released by itself. The battery won't be an issue once everyone has the new cradles that continuously charge. We don't have them yet in my building but one of our drivers had his truck taken out to have work done on it and the replacement had one of those cradles. After finishing his route he had add/cuts to deliver in areas he is not familiar with and was only able to use MapNav, and the turn by turn directions, because of that continuous charging cradle.

soberups

The MapNav feature, for seasoned drivers, is good for those rare occasions where you do not know weather turning left or right will save you 50 feet. For everyone else it is quite useful. I wish ORION would have been scrapped and MapNav released by itself. The battery won't be an issue once everyone has the new cradles that continuously charge. We don't have them yet in my building but one of our drivers had his truck taken out to have work done on it and the replacement had one of those cradles. After finishing his route he had add/cuts to deliver in areas he is not familiar with and was only able to use MapNav, and the turn by turn directions, because of that continuous charging cradle.
I am seldom at a loss for words but the abject stupidity of forcing the MapNav feature down the throats of locations like mine that have not yet had the charging cradles installed is beyond description.
This level of abject stupidity is then multiplied tenfold when it takes place during peak season.
I dont know what we are going to do when we run out of helper phones.
This, ladies and gentlemen...is “transformation.”

Overpaid Union Thug

I am seldom at a loss for words but the abject stupidity of forcing the MapNav feature down the throats of locations like mine that have not yet had the charging cradles installed is beyond description.
This level of abject stupidity is then multiplied tenfold when it takes place during peak season.
I dont know what we are going to do when we run out of helper phones.
This, ladies and gentlemen...is “transformation.”
It's not transformation. It's an ongoing case of Stockholderitus.