Orion during peak. They wouldn't dare.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The company has invested millions in Orion to go back to RDO at peak would be an admission of failure and they will never admit they were wrong.
When hundreds of thousands of missed stops start piling up nationwide and customers everywhere start complaining on social media, something will have to give.
So the company will have to find a way to give us the ability to function while still maintaining the illusion that ORION works.
My guess is no RDO in the DIAD but that we will get RDO printouts on paper, which is a work-around that is already being informally used.

Why not get edd, go to the screen where we manually input the address, and then scan the first stop. Once you stop complete will it then be at the manually input address screen. This way you don't have to input the address or look at the Orion order.
Didn’t want to wait (10-15 minutes) at the building for EDD to be released. Why wait for something I don’t use?

Fuzzy Brown

When hundreds of thousands of missed stops start piling up nationwide and customers everywhere start complaining on social media, something will have to give.
So the company will have to find a way to give us the ability to function while still maintaining the illusion that ORION works.
My guess is no RDO in the DIAD but that we will get RDO printouts on paper, which is a work-around that is already being informally used.
Any step back from Orion will be an admission of the program’s failure to maximize efficiency particularly during peak when it should be Orion’s time to shine.

soberups

Any step back from Orion will be an admission of the program’s failure to maximize efficiency particularly during peak when it should be Orion’s time to shine.
Denial is not a river in Egypt.
Wishful thinking on the part of management will not make half a million missed packages magically disappear.
Neither will trying to force us to use a tool that is inherently useless.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Wishful thinking on the part of management will not make half a million missed packages magically disappear.
Also pointing out. my board is almost dead everyday, on these "light"days. It's not even cold yet.

Fuzzy Brown

The company believes in Orion with a doomsday cult-like fanaticism I can’t imagine them giving RDO back.

soberups

95C8EE43-CC51-45FB-A7D9-99F96AECE8A0.jpeg
Every day between 3:30 and 4:30 I get this, and I am not even using the map nav feature. I am down to 10% battery when I clock out at 7:00,like you I will be dead in the water once peak hits and it gets cold. My plan for keeping my DIAD alive will be to get a paper RDO manifest in the morning and not even bother with downloading EDD at all.
Also pointing out. my board is almost dead everyday, on these "light"days. It's not even cold yet.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
They’ve manually turned it off in my center on rare occasions that drivers were absolutely losing their minds with the solution. They can do it, but always will deny it. They’ll turn it off then say that the got the solution to match the RDO to save face.
We have had Orion for 5 years and I have always been able to manually" turn it off"
If you know the route you can pull this off
The problem is if your are new to the route it bounce you around and do unnecessary moves
Orion is a solution where there was no problem meaning that most drivers were able to correctly set their edd on how their route was suppose to be delivered

davidix

The problem is going to be when all these new guys slowly start getting more routes and hours they won't know how to run any routes.

F

Frankie's Friend

Unless they're guns.

soberups

I would give my right nut to be a fly on the wall in Atlanta HQ a week before this Xmas eve when the ORION Kool-Aid drinkers look at half a million missed stops on the report and are finally forced to come to terms with their delusion.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The problem is going to be when all these new guys slowly start getting more routes and hours they won't know how to run any routes.

Here’s the thing
Packages got delivered before Orion was even a glimmer in some bonehead’s eye
It is called using that gray matter in your head and actually learning a route using that good old common sense and then remembering it.
Now drivers just let that damned diad lead them around like the blind
Get out there
And actually learn the routes just like it used to be
And guess what? Packages got delivered

JL 0513

Remember if you have a helper phone RDO will be available. Just sucks to have to mess with the phone to view it.

As far as running a route by seeing what's on the shelf. That's not feasible with a peak load where all you see is a wall when you open the bulkhead. Finding that first stop package is hard enough.

soberups

As far as running a route by seeing what's on the shelf. That's not feasible with a peak load where all you see is a wall when you open the bulkhead. Finding that first stop package is hard enough.
How do you think we did it before we had DIADS?

Remember if you have a helper phone RDO will be available. Just sucks to have to mess with the phone to view it.

Looking on the shelf will Be the only way to deliver peak. Sometimes in order to go forward you have to look to the past.

soberups

Looking on the shelf will Be the only way to deliver peak. Sometimes in order to go forward you have to look to the past.
When I started in 1988 there was no package tracking. So during peak the truck would be brickloaded so tightly that the BH door could not be opened. There was only a rough estimate of how many stops we had, and no manifest therefore no list of what addresses they were even for.
So what we did was to find a garage or barn on the route that we could use for storage. Drivers were expected to offer their own garages to other drivers for this purpose. We would back up to it and unload a tunnel through the bulk clear up to the BH door so that we could get it open and get to work. If you could not get everything delivered that day you left it in the garage for tomorrow rather than bringing it back to the building to be recycled. There was no committed air, no pickup compliance times, no EDD or RDO or ORION, and no DIADS or cell phones therefore no way for the office to text or call you during the day. So we relied on methods, area knowledge and common sense....three things the company is desperate to eliminate from its workforce and replace with forced stupidity, mindless obedience and complete reliance upon technology and micromanagement. Or in other words...ORION.