Orion during peak. They wouldn't dare.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This thread screams that OP is nervous as heck that he might have to run Orion. Stop worrying about it. They make you run Orion bring back 100 stops every night and make that money. Your 401K will be thrilled you have to run Orion at Peak
I work max DOT hours every week in December, so I will get paid the same to work smart and get everything delivered as I would to follow ORION and bring half my stops back missed.
Some of us still take pride in our jobs and do not agree with the idea of embracing forced stupidity as a virtue.

542thruNthru

But we dont have the updated DIAD holders. Nor is there any chance that they will be installed in our cars at any time in the forseeable future.
So the question is...what kind of an idiot installs functionally useless, battery-depleting software into our DIADS before peak season without first intstalling the hardware to keep them charged?
The answer would be...the same kind of idiot who believes that an algorithm can do a better job of determining the proper order to deliver a route under real-world conditions than an experienced driver with area knowledge.

You'll more then likely be given a helper phone so when you board dies you can use that.

Dr.Brownz

Here’s the thing
Packages got delivered before Orion was even a glimmer in some bonehead’s eye
It is called using that gray matter in your head and actually learning a route using that good old common sense and then remembering it.
Now drivers just let that damned diad lead them around like the blind
Get out there
And actually learn the routes just like it used to be
And guess what? Packages got delivered

You don't get more pay by knowing the route well. So why would a new driver bother learning the route?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I would give my right nut to be a fly on the wall in Atlanta HQ a week before this Xmas eve when the ORION Kool-Aid drinkers look at half a million missed stops on the report and are finally forced to come to terms with their delusion.

So they turn it off for a week

Then you go back to making it work

They all pat each other on the back and tell each how successful it is

SMH!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So they turn it off for a week

Then you go back to making it work

They all pat each other on the back and tell each how successful it is

SMH!!
They cant very well pretend that it works if they have to turn it off in order to get the missed stops delivered...

bumped

I work max DOT hours every week in December, so I will get paid the same to work smart and get everything delivered as I would to follow ORION and bring half my stops back missed.
Some of us still take pride in our jobs and do not agree with the idea of embracing forced stupidity as a virtue.

I used to think like that, but if you would only work 56 hours in a week UPS would make sure to get you more work. Now, I don't care and follow it the way they want. Same hours less work. I don't care if it all gets done anymore.