ORION + Hybrid Driver = Autonomous Vehicles

BrownRecycler

American is capitalist. Idk if you knew. Trump is pro business. This has nothing to do with bankers and bail outs, it has to do with what is “safer” “greener” and better for big biz.

No :censored2:.

America is a hyper capitalist society. Spending is part of our culture. But, this is what happen when stupid executive come up with insane idea that backfire then run away not owning up the problem. We have unpaid bailout while mounting federal deficit and politicians thought it is a good idea to give themselves a tax cut.

Why is it hard for government to pay their own debt while consumer have to be force to pay their debt?

F

Frankie's Friend

It says they're still testing it, which doesn't surprise me. We'll have to wait and see whether UPS actually gets it. I have no doubt that at some point all our longer runs start utilizing this tech but I don't think it happens next year, right now I'm guessing that UPS is more interested in the cost savings of going electric.
Electric is the future. Put your investment money into it.

F

Frankie's Friend

All other resources are renewable through electricity?
My youngest daughter has a friend that works at NASA. I talked with him last spring. He mentioned the electric motors that Cummins is developing and how across Europe (and abroad) that electric motor technology was the best thing to invest in right now.
Time will tell.

Faceplanted

It’s hilarious. People want renewable energy, but everybody is terrified of nuclear. All the nuclear power we get now is from circa 1960s. We have the capacity to use spent fuel rods and any type of nuclear waste to make power. But everybody is terrified. Pick what you want, :censored2: coal/natural gas or modern nuclear. Most of people getting power of the grid for their green/electric cars are getting coal/ natural gas power. France has the game on lock, we still think three mile island will happen again. We are idiots.

Faceplanted

My youngest daughter has a friend that works at NASA. I talked with him last spring. He mentioned the electric motors that Cummins is developing and how across Europe (and abroad) that electric motor technology was the best thing to invest in right now.
Time will tell.
Electric tech has been going on since the teens/20s. Big oil has killed it. We had electric cars in the 20s. We had electric trams/trolly from the same era. But for some reason we knocked down the power feeds and went fossil. Every major European County has fully electric trains and trans.... yet here we are.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Why the heck would they need some "guy" babysitting behind a computer, overseeing this, if you dont need a "guy" behind the wheel?
Do you anticipate self dispatching technology? No need for human dispatch? Why not just make the whole company robots

Faceplanted

Do you anticipate self dispatching technology? No need for human dispatch? Why not just make the whole company robots
Your getting the point. IoT is going to change the world

The “guy” baby sitting somehow makes it acceptable. I personally don’t see why, but 95% of humans do. I personally would trust a fully autonous vehicle over a peraon behind the wheel, but I’m a fact guy. See Waymo, Uber, and every other autonomous company. If the car has an issue with readings for whatever reason, an alert will notify the driver to take control. As I posted before 90% of accidents are driver error per the us goberment. The vast majority of “incidents” with autonomous vehicles have been blamed on the other party aka the human.

So they are safer, more profitable... why not?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I have no idea how far this will go. I assume that there will need to be human dispatch, at the very least. Extremely fascinating to think about. As long as there are human customers, there will need to be humans somehow responsible for the success/failure of the technology.

Faceplanted

I have no idea how far this will go. I assume that there will need to be human dispatch, at the very least. Extremely fascinating to think about. As long as there are human customers, there will need to be humans somehow responsible for the success/failure of the technology.
Ups implimenred cir aka commercial inside release to get rid of the whole customer interaction. Nobody cares any more. People just want their 17mm torx Bit or dog food.