Orion warning letters

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Absolutely.

As a remedy (or resolution) to your grievance....

Always include the term "requesting all monies due".

And, don't let your Local try and negotiate.

Pay me.

-Bug-

I do phrase my grievances similarly, "to be paid all applicable penalty pay".

Unfortunately, my local's BA's think I am only entitled to the top 3 days.

My first 4 grievances have been deadlocked to the March Panel, where the Labor Manager (JM) is going to argue that the company gets a "free-bee" for the first grievance after being placed on the 9.5 list?

That is in essence, 2 "free-bees" every 5 months....if that's the case?

Future

Victory Ride
53effc0e8eb2bb0b5dd580c063b9a752.jpg
My Last warning letter form!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Unfortunately, my local's BA's think I am only entitled to the top 3 days.

What they "think" is irrelevant.

You asked for the penalty, and should be paid as such. Period.

My first 4 grievances have been deadlocked to the March Panel, where the Labor Manager (JM) is going to argue that the company gets a "free-bee" for the first grievance after being placed on the 9.5 list?

The company (Labor Dept) is just trying.... to get your BA to capitulate.

It's your grievance.

Do, as you see fit.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What they "think" is irrelevant.

You asked for the penalty, and should be paid as such. Period.

The company (Labor Dept) is just trying.... to get your BA to capitulate.

It's your grievance.

Do, as you see fit.

-Bug-
Our BA's believe they have the authority to make these "deals", despite the member or steward's wishes?

Since this involves National Master language, I plan on filing for an appeal to The National Grievance Committee per Art 8 Sec 3 of the Master, as well as Labor Charges, if I don't get what I am due.

I would prefer not to, but....

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Our BA's believe they have the authority to make these "deals", despite the member or steward's wishes?

Since this involves National Master language, I plan on filing for an appeal to The National Grievance Committee per Art 8 Sec 3 of the Master, as well as Labor Charges, if I don't get what I am due.

I would prefer not to, but....
They do.

Contrary to what Bug says, once you file the grievance, it becomes the property of the local. While they should consult the grievant as to what he/she would accept as the outcome, they do not have to.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Isn't that the epitome of TDU ?

"I want someone.... to do it for me."

No guts, No glory.

-Bug-
I meant that I would prefer to be properly represented, without having to embarrass my local and State Panel at the National Grievance Committee and/or file charges with the government.

After all, after I file the grievance, isn't that what my elected officials get paid to do, represent my intentions in regards to the grievance?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They do.

Contrary to what Bug says, once you file the grievance, it becomes the property of the local. While they should consult the grievant as to what he/she would accept as the outcome, they do not have to.

BUG is obsessed with equating everything I post with TDU, even though I have never been a member?

I did however appreciate his candor, albeit brief, in regards to the National 9.5 language.
He usually tries to charge me.

Last edited:

moldsporh

It's real easy.

Follow orion, give center enough notice that you may miss business deliveries and maybe pickups.

Then inform them your return time.

Keep following orion. You can tell them you can get the route done your way in less time then let them figure it out.

If they are trying to discipline you for being efficient, then do what they ask and the results will speak for themselves.

The problem is, we need everyone to follow orion at the same time so they understand that we really are trying to get it done. Unfortunately they will likely still
think we are cheating the system.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Contrary to what Bug says, once you file the grievance, it becomes the property of the local.

Beyond.... wrong.

While they should consult the grievant as to what he/she would accept as the outcome, they do not have to.

Again.... wrong.

Unless, the Local has unlimited money to throw away.

Try and toss a grievance ?

Tell that to the Executive Board of your Local....

When they are spending (thousands) of dollars to defend a Labor Board charge.

-Bug-

What Local.... are you in ??

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Beyond.... wrong.
You know better Bug.

When a grievance is filed, it becomes the property of the local to hear it on your behalf. In a grievance hearing, you cannot override your BA. He can override you. You cannot settle or withdraw the grievance. The BA has to do this.

Hopefully, you have a BA that will listen to you and your steward, and take your opinions into consideration.

The company deals with the BA during grievance hearings, they do not deal with the grievant except to ask questions to get the facts.

The grievant is represented by the local with full authority to settle the grievance on the grievants behalf.

Again.... wrong.

Unless, the Local has unlimited money to throw away.

Try and toss a grievance ?

Tell that to the Executive Board of your Local....

When they are spending (thousands) of dollars to defend a Labor Board charge.

-Bug-

What Local.... are you in ??

I did not say to toss a grievance. They have to do their best to settle the grievance or else possibly face labor charges, but they do not need the grievants opinion or approval.

For example. You are terminated. Your BA negotiates it to a 3 day suspension. He does not have to ask you if that is OK. You do not have to sign off on it. He makes the deal and you live with it.

In this case the BA worked on your behalf. If he is making deals that go against the contract, then yes, he could face labor charges. This usually keeps BA's honest and looking out for your best interest.

But, as you know, once you file a grievance it becomes the property of your local to settle. Hopefully with the grievants best interest in mind.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You know better Bug.

When a grievance is filed, it becomes the property of the local to hear it on your behalf. In a grievance hearing, you cannot override your BA. He can override you. You cannot settle or withdraw the grievance. The BA has to do this.

Hopefully, you have a BA that will listen to you and your steward, and take your opinions into consideration.

The company deals with the BA during grievance hearings, they do not deal with the grievant except to ask questions to get the facts.

The grievant is represented by the local with full authority to settle the grievance on the grievants behalf.

I did not say to toss a grievance. They have to do their best to settle the grievance or else possibly face labor charges, but they do not need the grievants opinion or approval.

For example. You are terminated. Your BA negotiates it to a 3 day suspension. He does not have to ask you if that is OK. You do not have to sign off on it. He makes the deal and you live with it.

In this case the BA worked on your behalf. If he is making deals that go against the contract, then yes, he could face labor charges. This usually keeps BA's honest and looking out for your best interest.

But, as you know, once you file a grievance it becomes the property of your local to settle. Hopefully with the grievants best interest in mind.

With all due respect....

Maybe, you should go back and read some of my previous posts.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I meant that I would prefer to be properly represented, without having to embarrass my local and State Panel at the National Grievance Committee and/or file charges with the government.

After all, after I file the grievance, isn't that what my elected officials get paid to do, represent my intentions in regards to the grievance?

I read your post differently.

Another tip (for everyone) filing a grievance.

Always include the statement....

"I request to be present, at any and all stages of the grievance procedure".

That post.... Or attitude.... is why, I am even offering a rebuttal.

2nrhq9v.jpg

Mugarolla,

Your advice and statements, are usually on the mark.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I have been at every one of my grievance hearings, Local, State and JAC.
Drove by myself to Traverse City, Michigan for the JAC, as well as numerous times to Columbus on my own dime and lost wages for the days involved.
Never gave it a second thought, until you brought it up.

Where that whole system falls apart, is when my BA settles my grievance the day before at pre-panel.
I'm not allowed to go that "stage" of the grievance procedure, so...

Nike

Waste of time waste of money. Period. You want turn by turn directions and gps. Heres an iphone with google maps on it.

Pretty silly considering i see vehicles without working seatbelts, busted fuel gauges, messed up doors etc.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I read your post differently.

That post.... Or attitude.... is why, I am even offering a rebuttal.

2nrhq9v.jpg

Mugarolla,

Your advice and statements, are usually on the mark.

-Bug-
I have the 2010 edition

[D19940208aCR] (1) The only parties to the contract are the union and UPS, not
individual employees. The contract provides that UPS and the union "agree to be
bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement," and that "grievance procedures may be invoked only by authorized Union or Employer representatives." The language that a decision is final and binding "on both parties" implies that only two parties - the union and UPS - have a say in how a grievance is handled. Thus, a decision by the union and UPS about how to handle a grievance is final and binding,
even if the aggrieved employee disagrees. (2) The CBA does not mandate an
automatic appeal of an unresolved employee grievance to a higher stage. Linton v.
UPS

[C19911220aCR] CRSA does not mandate appeal from the local hearing to the joint committee hearing. In CRSA provision authorizing "the parties" to submit grievance to the JAC if the parties fail to "reach a decision or agreement" at Local meeting, "the parties" refers to the Union and UPS, not to the grievant. Linton v. UPS

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have the 2010 edition

[D19940208aCR] (1) The only parties to the contract are the union and UPS, not
individual employees. The contract provides that UPS and the union "agree to be
bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement," and that "grievance procedures may be invoked only by authorized Union or Employer representatives." The language that a decision is final and binding "on both parties" implies that only two parties - the union and UPS - have a say in how a grievance is handled. Thus, a decision by the union and UPS about how to handle a grievance is final and binding,
even if the aggrieved employee disagrees. (2) The CBA does not mandate an
automatic appeal of an unresolved employee grievance to a higher stage. Linton v.
UPS

[C19911220aCR] CRSA does not mandate appeal from the local hearing to the joint committee hearing. In CRSA provision authorizing "the parties" to submit grievance to the JAC if the parties fail to "reach a decision or agreement" at Local meeting, "the parties" refers to the Union and UPS, not to the grievant. Linton v. UPS

BUG is intent on putting the onus on the grievant to hold the elected official to the letter of the contract?

According to him; not only are we responsible to file the grievances, but we need to be present every step of the way, including pre-panel the day before the actual panel hearing in another city, where these officers and agents stay the night on the local dime?

Problem here is that pesky brown truck in which I earn my living, which when somebody else is driving it, I make no money.

My goal is to break even and make UPS pay double when they violate, but I can't do that if I have to baby sit my BA.