Our Senior Manager said 3% raise for everyone October 1

vantexan

Not surprised. It was there the last few weeks but not anymore. Preparing for 3%or less or nothing now hah.
What I don't get is the virus is supposed to have made FedEx extremely busy with all the ordering at home going on. If so why aren't they sticking to the pay plan?

McFeely

Huge Member
What I don't get is the virus is supposed to have made FedEx extremely busy with all the ordering at home going on. If so why aren't they sticking to the pay plan?

Because supposedly we don’t make any money on resi deliveries (forget that there’s a resi surcharge, but whatever).

McFeely

Huge Member

oh also because where else is a FedEx driver gonna go if he quits? When unemployment is this high, they know they have ya by the short-and-curlies.

falcon back

Because supposedly we don’t make any money on resi deliveries (forget that there’s a resi surcharge, but whatever).
Where are you making more money? Delivering 10 boxes to a dock and going next door and delivering 5 more to a dock or delivering 1 box to a resi, driving 1 block over and delivering 1 box and 5 houses down, 1 more box.

McFeely

Huge Member
No, that makes sense but isn’t always true. My businesses on my route typically have 2 or less boxes but take 2x as long to deliver because of distance and getting signatures.

That residential surcharge is supposed to make up for the lack of bulk that business stops have, correct? But you know we don’t charge anywhere close to anything profitable on trampolines and mattresses being delivered to houses.

Damon77

Where are you making more money? Delivering 10 boxes to a dock and going next door and delivering 5 more to a dock or delivering 1 box to a resi, driving 1 block over and delivering 1 box and 5 houses down, 1 more box.

Also the fact in the current environment they're usually paying OT to deliver those residential stops. (Even double-time in some instances 😬)

I am FedEx

Taken down so fast not a soul got a screenshot? Yeah okay. Pure speculation, please refrain from making statements without any facts or evidence. Adding nothing to the discussion.

However imo, 2-5% I think is a fair raise for hourly employees. COVID has affected the major metros in ways nobody could have predicted. B2b is how we make our money. P1 resi aswell however with bulk b2b delivery suffering and an increase to p2 resi 2-5% is justified.

BigWork13

Taken down so fast not a soul got a screenshot? Yeah okay. Pure speculation, please refrain from making statements without any facts or evidence. Adding nothing to the discussion.

However imo, 2-5% I think is a fair raise for hourly employees. COVID has affected the major metros in ways nobody could have predicted. B2b is how we make our money. P1 resi aswell however with bulk b2b delivery suffering and an increase to p2 resi 2-5% is justified.
A fair raise would be our step progression, that we haven't received in over 2 years.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
FedEx sure did put that out pretty quickly as soon as it was posted to Facebook. They already are trying to save face.

This is the part that really makes me roll my eyes.....

Asked in July if the company has provided additional pay for employees performing frontline work amid the pandemic, FedEx said in a statement that it evaluates “our pay policies to ensure we remain competitive with others in our industry under all circumstances, including those we are facing now.”

MAKAVELI

This is the part that really makes me roll my eyes.....

Asked in July if the company has provided additional pay for employees performing frontline work amid the pandemic, FedEx said in a statement that it evaluates “our pay policies to ensure we remain competitive with others in our industry under all circumstances, including those we are facing now.”
A simple no would have sufficed.

Mindthegap

Here you go.

Attachments

• 07198603-DFE8-4A8C-8A0C-C4CF7B60A743.png
    07198603-DFE8-4A8C-8A0C-C4CF7B60A743.png
    402.5 KB · Views: 122