Our Senior Manager said 3% raise for everyone October 1

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Bless your heart, you're frustrated because you can't lie your way around what FedEx did.

I don't have to lie about what they did. Don't know why you're trying to make into something bigger than it was, other than you were again confused and it's never your fault.

falcon back

I worked for FedEx. They kept saying over and over the company is looking at midrange compensation, hang in there, better pay is coming. They kept saying over and over to newhires they'll top out in 7-8 years. They kept saying stick with us and you'll get this in your pension. They lied. No matter how much you make it about me it doesn't change the fact they lied and cheated a lot of us out of our most productive years.
I have plenty of coworkers that were hired about the same time as you, yet none of them live in their cars. What bad decisions did you make that put you sleeping in a car every night while others live in a house? Same salary, same benefits as my coworkers and yet you blame the company for your situation while others manage to live a normal life.

vantexan

I have plenty of coworkers that were hired about the same time as you, yet none of them live in their cars. What bad decisions did you make that put you sleeping in a car every night while others live in a house? Same salary, same benefits as my coworkers and yet you blame the company for your situation while others manage to live a normal life.
If you had taken the time to read I quit in '97 to try my own little business. I was frustrated because we had gone over 4 years without a raise and when we finally got one it was 39 cents on the C pay scale. Took me from $13.11 to $13.50. The station was 95 miles away and on A pay scale. Found out courier who was domiciled where I was before me got the A pay but when he transferred they dropped pay to C. My mgr agreed the cost of living where I was at in Colorado was considerably higher than where the station was. He also told me I had better enjoy that raise, it'll be the last I'll see for a long time. I got angry and quit. I agree if I had hung in there I would have done ok. That's on me. I would have gotten 21 years on my pension at top out pay instead of 19 years on much lower pay. And I would have been able to save considerably more. I came back in good faith, was prepared to do the 7-8 years they said it would take to top out. So you are 100% right that I would have done much better on topped out pay. And I'm 100% correct in saying what the company told me and tens of thousands of others that we would get this and that if we hung in there wasn't true. Back in, when was it, 2016, when they came up with the new plan I was working with guys who had already put in ten plus years and were put on Step 2 of the plan. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be for them that they are only getting 2%, especially considering that after all those years of hard work they were seeing newhires come off the street at about a $1hr less? Y'all can attack all you want, but somewhere in your mind you must recognize that this company wants to get as much out of employees as possible for as little as they can get away with paying them. They aren't interested in providing a decent living for today's employees, no matter what they did long ago.

Last edited:

vantexan

I don't have to lie about what they did. Don't know why you're trying to make into something bigger than it was, other than you were again confused and it's never your fault.
If in your mind you can't see that FedEx lied to and cheated their employees then I think your moral compass is out of whack.

falcon back

If you had taken the time to read I quit in '97 to try my own little business. I was frustrated because we had gone over 4 years without a raise and when we finally got one it was 39 cents on the C pay scale. Took me from $13.11 to $13.50. The station was 95 miles away and on A pay scale. Found out courier who was domiciled where I was before me got the A pay but when he transferred they dropped pay to C. My mgr agreed the cost of living where I was at in Colorado was considerably higher than where the station was. He also told me I had better enjoy that raise, it'll be the last I'll see for a long time. I got angry and quit. I agree if I had hung in there I would have done ok. That's on me. I would have gotten 21 years on my pension at top out pay instead of 19 years on much lower pay. And I would have been able to save considerably more. I came back in good faith, was prepared to do the 7-8 years they said it would take to top out. So you are 100% right that I would have done much better on topped out pay. And I'm 100% correct in saying what the company told me and tens of thousands of others that we would get this and that if we hung in there wasn't true. Back in, when was it, 2016, when they came up with the new plan I was working with guys who had already put in ten plus years and were put on Step 2 of the plan. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be for them that they are only getting 2%, especially considering that after all those years of hard work they were seeing newhires come off the street at about a $1hr less? Y'all can attack all you want, but somewhere in your mind you must recognize that this company wants to get as much out of employees as possible for as little as they can get away with paying them. They aren't interested in providing a decent living for today's employees, no matter what they did long ago.
Nice story. You never addressed why others live normal lives while you live in a car. Same salary, same benefits as you.

vantexan

Nice story. You never addressed why others live normal lives while you live in a car. Same salary, same benefits as you.
You're not quick on your feet are you? I quit in '97. When I came back they had no intention to top us out quickly, if ever. When I returned in late '98, I worked almost 15 years before quitting again. I was at $18.17hr, topped out couriers were over $24hr, getting 3% raises on higher pay while midrange was getting 2% on lower pay. We were going nowhere fast for years. Top out was pulling away from us. At the same time turnover was very high. Surely you noticed all of this going on?

vantexan

You love to say that living in the car bit, but I'm traveling. And when I finish the temp job I have lined up in October I'm heading to Argentina if they've opened the country up by then. And my $22k there will be worth much more than what I would be making at FedEx now if I were still working, which will allow me to save.

vantexan

He is an idiot. Pt and Ft have always made the same salary.
No, they have the same starting pay. Topping out came after a set amount of time. Then for quite awhile raises were based on review scores. And then they gave across the board raises of 2%, but not long after started giving topped out couriers 3%.

falcon back

Your pay had NOTHING to do with being part time or full time. Your review gave you a raise based on your review, not if you were part time. Step pay was the same regardless. TTKU

vantexan

Your pay had NOTHING to do with being part time or full time. Your review gave you a raise based on your review, not if you were part time. Step pay was the same regardless. TTKU
Didn't say it did. You said FT and PT had always made the same salary. Only at starting pay. Didn't matter whether they were FT or PT raises were structured a certain way and some did better than others.

falcon back

Didn't say it did. You said FT and PT had always made the same salary. Only at starting pay. Didn't matter whether they were FT or PT raises were structured a certain way and some did better than others.
Once again, try to keep up. The post several up said part timers were getting a smaller raise than full timers. I stated that PT and FT always made the same hourly pay, then you started rambling on about something that had nothing to do with the conversation.

vantexan

Once again, try to keep up. The post several up said part timers were getting a smaller raise than full timers. I stated that PT and FT always made the same hourly pay, then you started rambling on about something that had nothing to do with the conversation.
Nope, you said they always made the same salary. I pointed out only when they're hired. El Shabazz or whatever said that they were told they were going to add an extra 2% to the raise. If true great, but why not just stick to the step progression? And higher paid employees will get a bigger raise. It makes it that much tougher for lower paid employees to top out. Why is it FedEx can't stick to their promises? The only reason I can see they don't want to stick to the step progression is they don't intend to keep it going forward.

falcon back

Nope, you said they always made the same salary. I pointed out only when they're hired. El Shabazz or whatever said that they were told they were going to add an extra 2% to the raise. If true great, but why not just stick to the step progression? And higher paid employees will get a bigger raise. It makes it that much tougher for lower paid employees to top out. Why is it FedEx can't stick to their promises? The only reason I can see they don't want to stick to the step progression is they don't intend to keep it going forward.
How was the dumpster dish of the day this evening? So you are arguing that it matters if a person is part time or full time as to what their salary is? I am not sure what you are babbling about. That was what I pointed out and you went on your usual rant about hourly raises

vantexan

How was the dumpster dish of the day this evening? So you are arguing that it matters if a person is part time or full time as to what their salary is? I am not sure what you are babbling about. That was what I pointed out and you went on your usual rant about hourly raises
As usual you made an incorrect statement and then try to cover yourself. You said FT and PT salaries have always been the same. I pointed out only when you're hired. That has been the case for as long as I remember but I guess when you started you ran your feet real fast through the floor to get the van going so may have been different then.