Our Senior Manager said 3% raise for everyone October 1

FedexCares

I work for Fedex trade networks here clearing customs international freight. We are getting a flat 2% as well already confirmed. Manager said we should be really thankful we are getting a raise this year. It’s the same bs across opcos. 😂

MAKAVELI

The National Mediation Board has ruled that a trucking company that operates exclusively to serve an RLA carrier IS COVERED BY THE RLA. Are you really so stupid that you're denying that which has already been decided?
DHL Express is covered under the NLRA. Ttku dip:censored2:. FedEx Express is the exception, not the rule.

fedx

Extra Large Package
I work for Fedex trade networks here clearing customs international freight. We are getting a flat 2% as well already confirmed. Manager said we should be really thankful we are getting a raise this year. It’s the same bs across opcos. 😂

Really? We should be "grateful" we're getting anything while they've had record volume since April? So we are supposed to be like serfs and be thankful our master is giving us anything at all? I think it's time a union gets organized. Use technology against FedEx. I know because of that railroad act, the entire company has to vote instead of individual stations, but use Facebook and other social media platforms to communicate and build a coalition to get a union in the company. Time to stick it to FedEx.

floridays

Really? We should be "grateful" we're getting anything while they've had record volume since April? So we are supposed to be like serfs and be thankful our master is giving us anything at all? I think it's time a union gets organized. Use technology against FedEx. I know because of that railroad act, the entire company has to vote instead of individual stations, but use Facebook and other social media platforms to communicate and build a coalition to get a union in the company. Time to stick it to FedEx.
That way will never work.

floridays

Why won't that work? Do you have any better ideas?
I do, and posted the only way there will be another another work group, or multiple work groups represented by a union. It is the only chance at another segment of the work force enjoying the benefits of collective bargaining. It's my opinion, more than opinion I believe it is fact.
Disagree if you choose to, herding cats would be easier than trying to get enough expresser's to sign a card.
Yes I do have a better idea, it's the only one that would work, but the cats have to be herded again

Not because I like to quote myself, but I just made answering your question easier for both of us.
I don't have to retype it and you don't have to search for it.

I didn't offer doubtful with glee either.
I think I'm just being realistic.

If it is to be done, today is the day.
Express is bent over exposed,in the perfect position to be dictated to.

They would be forced to recognize union representation and we don't even have one that is courting us.

It would take an initial mass move by employees to walk out.

It would have to be at the hubs and ramps, couriers need not put themselves out as an initial target, they are easier to pick off as a group.

When the airport workers stand up, couriers fall in line and park and lock vehicles.
It wouldn't last two days, there is no contract that allows employees be bound to any order.

Dano knows I am correct, precisely the reason he won't touch any post I have made regarding work stoppage.

Employees are like herding cats and cannot in large enough numbers be persuaded of the position of power they hold.

fedx

Extra Large Package
I do, and posted the only way there will be another another work group, or multiple work groups represented by a union. It is the only chance at another segment of the work force enjoying the benefits of collective bargaining. It's my opinion, more than opinion I believe it is fact.
Disagree if you choose to, herding cats would be easier than trying to get enough expresser's to sign a card.
Yes I do have a better idea, it's the only one that would work, but the cats have to be herded again

Not because I like to quote myself, but I just made answering your question easier for both of us.
I don't have to retype it and you don't have to search for it.

Now that would never work. Employees walking out will be fired by management on the spot. If you can get employees willing to walk out, you should be able to get them to join a union. Joining a union is a lot easier and less risky than walking off the job. Once you get a union, then you can strike after a vote, but to just have people walk off the job, you'll be fired in a heartbeat. I think there's enough anger and discontent that a union is looking more and more plausible each day, especially after 2 years of being stiffed on raises and step progressions.

floridays

Now that would never work. Employees walking out will be fired by management on the spot. If you can get employees willing to walk out, you should be able to get them to join a union. Joining a union is a lot easier and less risky than walking off the job. Once you get a union, then you can strike after a vote, but to just have people walk off the job, you'll be fired in a heartbeat. I think there's enough anger and discontent that a union is looking more and more plausible each day, especially after 2 years of being stiffed on raises and step progressions.
I guess you think those aircraft can unload themselves, the freight then magically sorts itself at hubs and ramps, unlike how it is done in stations, Do you believe that?

While this magic is being performed couriers are busy picking up freight, all over the world, only to come off of your trucks, be sorted and loaded into uld's to be magically sorted at the ramp then later at Indy, Oakland, Newark, Memphis and all ramps. Do you get the picture?

If you don't I can add a few more problems Express would have.

I never said the employees would ever do it, quite frankly I stated they are like herding cats.
I simply said that would be the only way to get their attention and force them to recognize You, the idle airport worker and later idle couriers.

A union will never be voted on, much less voted in. You can do all the social media you want, but it will never happen, the only possible way is the one I described.

Work your way through the steps I've described, tell me exactly how Fedex could make it through one day or night sort.

It's the only way, they would have to be brought to their knees and quickly. To take a term from the company, "It's only business."

This can all be done under the RLA, no need to have the trucking segment reclassified.

Do it your way, it will never happen I don't care how many progressions they skip.

"Have it Your way"
-
Burger King

When you strike at a king, you must kill him.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just my two cents worth.

Slowturtle

They stopped the step raise program after promising to top express employees out... And yet they continue to buy back billions$$ of stock... Whose getting fat? The big holders in Memphis... Not a whisper of cutting their dividend.. I could go on its disgusting.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Still can't admit you're wrong. That's the difference between you and me, I have no problem admitting my mistakes or saying I'm wrong when I am. You on the other hand will only say you're wrong to someone in a superior corporate position. And that's only if you can remove your lips from their ass cheek long enough to say it.

"I made 9 million dumb decisions but I blame FedEx for the result of those 9 million dumb decisions."

59 Dano

I’m just curious how this brain dead imbecile thinks I googled a picture of someone covering up a Maryland license with their hand, AND thinks that’s a more likely scenario than him just being plain wrong, which he often is.

I very well could be wrong. But like I said, I have reason to believe that I very well might not be and would bet money that I'm not.

vantexan

"I made 9 million dumb decisions but I blame FedEx for the result of those 9 million dumb decisions."
I worked for FedEx. They kept saying over and over the company is looking at midrange compensation, hang in there, better pay is coming. They kept saying over and over to newhires they'll top out in 7-8 years. They kept saying stick with us and you'll get this in your pension. They lied. No matter how much you make it about me it doesn't change the fact they lied and cheated a lot of us out of our most productive years.

59 Dano

DHL Express is covered under the NLRA. Ttku dip:censored2:. FedEx Express is the exception, not the rule.

DHL Express freight to/from/within the United States is contracted out to other companies (ABX, Polar Air Cargo, others). I would tell you to TTKU again, but you can't even get the basics right. Dip:censored2:.

59 Dano

I worked for FedEx. They kept saying over and over the company is looking at midrange compensation, hang in there, better pay is coming. They kept saying over and over to newhires they'll top out in 7-8 years. They kept saying stick with us and you'll get this in your pension. They lied. No matter how much you make it about me it doesn't change the fact they lied and cheated a lot of us out of our most productive years.

If you say so, snowflake.