wkmac

How does someone like John McCain who has never worked anywhere but for the govt, military and then Washington DC, not a day in the private sector, yet all these years on the public dole and ends up living in this?

20476243_10155608668953044_2314883798478765612_n.jpg

P

pickup

How does someone like John McCain who has never worked anywhere but for the govt, military and then Washington DC, not a day in the private sector, yet all these years on the public dole and ends up living in this?

I think he is married to some Beer Fortune broad.

refineryworker05

What I think about republicans is bifurcated, because there are nationally elected republicans in Congress and there are local elected republicans in various states that sit on local school boards, as tax assessors etc, then there are state elected republicans, and then there are republican voters.

Broadly speaking, I know very little about many locally elected republicans serving on school boards and such.

State elected republicans are a very very mixed bag in terms of their policy ideas to some extent.

But nationally elected republicans are insane and dishonest and bad for the nation.

Republican voters are the most confusing because as far as I can tell, they don't actually support the republican party at the national level at least on the basis of policy. The polling data on issue after issue is very clear, the things that nationally elected republicans want to do like cut medicare and Medicaid and get rid of the expansion of Medicaid from the ACA and throw people off of the insurance gain from the ACA are all unpopular with self described republican voters. Republican voter support a higher minimum wage, which again the Republican party wants to get rid off and never increase, they are for protectionist trade policies, which again the Republican party at the national level doesn't support, they don't care about income tax cuts for rich people or corporations, etc.

So it seems to me that republican voters are voting for republicans at the national level not based on policy but something else.

Sportello

Banned

I don't believe that is McCain's home. Nice try, though.

I do know exactly where that house is, though. It is owned by a Romanian doctor, and the neighbors love it!

newfie

is there a reason you question McCain and not Maxine waters in her 4 million dollar estate? or maybe all politicians who have gotten rich off their government service?

Sportello

Banned
Thus the question, how does he end up living there?

Thanks for answering it or at least offering an opinion as you really offered no more evidence for your claim than I did.
;)
That's not his home. You were duped. It's easily verifiable.

His money comes from his second wife. They own a number of nice homes, just not the one you were duped with.

fedx

Extra Large Package

It's called corruption. Just like Barack Hussein Obama getting a $60 million dollar book deal right after his presidency. What that is is his "pay back" for all the corrupt things he did for corporations like helping the health care industry. You could ask how someone who's only job was a "community organizer" ever made it to leading the free world. Again, it's corruption. His corporate handlers put him in power and they get a payback in deals that favor them. Then that president gets paid millions of dollars being put on board of directors after they're done being president. It's corruption from both Democrats and Republicans like John McCain.

It will be fine

It's called corruption. Just like Barack Hussein Obama getting a $60 million dollar book deal right after his presidency. What that is is his "pay back" for all the corrupt things he did for corporations like helping the health care industry. You could ask how someone who's only job was a "community organizer" ever made it to leading the free world. Again, it's corruption. His corporate handlers put him in power and they get a payback in deals that favor them. Then that president gets paid millions of dollars being put on board of directors after they're done being president. It's corruption from both Democrats and Republicans like John McCain.
The health care industry paid for a book deal? Odd choice.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In order for the book publisher to make their money back , how many copies of this door stopper will they need to sell ?

fedx

Extra Large Package
The health care industry paid for a book deal? Odd choice.
Possibly. These corporations like to money launder their earnings, so it's possible. I doubt many book publishers just have $60 million in cash laying around. I notice you don't have a problem with some corrupt politician getting a $60 million dollar payoff, you'd rather focus on who may or may not be paying it.

It will be fine

Possibly. These corporations like to money launder their earnings, so it's possible. I doubt many book publishers just have $60 million in cash laying around. I notice you don't have a problem with some corrupt politician getting a $60 million dollar payoff, you'd rather focus on who may or may not be paying it.
Obama is an excellent author. He remains wildly popular worldwide. He is a dream for a book publisher. $60 million advance seems completely reasonable to me. Was there some massive legislative giveaway to book publishers that Obama advanced that I'm unaware of? That's the only way that is a payoff. I don't see book publishers as a highly influential lobby in Washington, furthering their nefarious agenda of adult literacy.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Obama is an excellent author. He remains wildly popular worldwide. He is a dream for a book publisher. $60 million advance seems completely reasonable to me. Was there some massive legislative giveaway to book publishers that Obama advanced that I'm unaware of? That's the only way that is a payoff. I don't see book publishers as a highly influential lobby in Washington, furthering their nefarious agenda of adult literacy.
Yeah and so is Bill Clinton with his book "My Lies" oops I mean "My Life". Just wildly popular. Heck I think Obama should have gotten a $1 billion dollar advance. Why not?