Over 70’s being disciplined

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I had help with the other over 70’s that day about 30 mins after my injury. But I was told the package was most likely over weighed and was in reality 68lbs so I delivered the package because my boss told me too.

I know someone is going to ask if my boss said to jump off a bridge would I? This is not remotely the same.

I'm lost.

So now this overweight package that you refused to deliver the day before because you said it was unsafe, and subsequently delivered the next day by yourself and got hurt, was in reality, not an overweight package?

Almost sounds like that accident that you said you never had.

A one year employee that has been fired before, stated that he just wants to lay low and draw a good paycheck for his family.

Now has filed 40 some grievances, wants to go into management to take the company down from the inside, wants to find a scheme to get a cool million from the company, refuses to deliver an overweight because it is unsafe, then gets hurt delivering the same overweight the next day, but wait, now it's not an overweight.

You're making it too easy for them.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So for you to get on here and try to make me look like I’m a problem,kinda gets under my skin.

Trust me, you're doing that all by yourself without any help from me.

I do wish you well, but for a 1 year employee who has been fired before and has buried them in grievances, you need to have all your ducks in a row.

But from the looks of it, you don't.

Good luck, because you're going to need it.

Oceanview

I
I'm lost.

So now this overweight package that you refused to deliver the day before because you said it was unsafe, and subsequently delivered the next day by yourself and got hurt, was in reality, not an overweight package?

Almost sounds like that accident that you said you never had.

A one year employee that has been fired before, stated that he just wants to lay low and draw a good paycheck for his family.

Now has filed 40 some grievances, wants to go into management to take the company down from the inside, wants to find a scheme to get a cool million from the company, refuses to deliver an overweight because it is unsafe, then gets hurt delivering the same overweight the next day, but wait, now it's not an overweight.

You're making it too easy for them.

Your comprehension isn’t that good is it? Are you one of those people who has selective reading? I said my center manager suggested that it was probably underweighted and that I needed to attempt it. I can see why you’re a supervisor ‍♂️

sikidiki

Your comprehension isn’t that good is it? Are you one of those people who has selective reading? I said my center manager suggested that it was probably underweighted and that I needed to attempt it. I can see why you’re a supervisor ‍♂️

So knowing it was overweight and the very next day nothings changed except that the center manager suggested it was underweight so you attempted it? Looooool

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

My reading comprehension is great. Maybe you keep forgetting what story you are telling.

Here, let me help you out.

I had help with the other over 70’s that day about 30 mins after my injury. But I was told the package was most likely over weighed and was in reality 68lbs so I delivered the package because my boss told me too.

Math 101: 68lbs < 70lbs

P

pickup

My reading comprehension is great. Maybe you keep forgetting what story you are telling.

Here, let me help you out.

That’s in lbs as in Look Before Stepping.

What the Op failed to do and now is step deep in dog:censored2:.

wayfair

swollen member
Yeah i come on here to blow off steam like everyone else big deal. Can I be a little over the top and sarcastic at times? Absolutely I believe the reason for this forum is to blow off steam about the job.. now did i actually think I was going to get hurt? No but I knew it was a possibility due to the way that I’m treated differently then other drivers.. who tells there employee after having a gun waved in there face, not to mention stalked/followed. While on the route. that if they brought the truck back, they would be fired for job abandonment?! So after that incident it made me realize Ups management could care less about my safety. And how do they prove it to me again that they have 0 regards for my safety? They pressured me to do something unsafe and I stood my ground and said no. Only to come in the next day to be told that I’m going to be punished for not attempting the over 70lb package. Not just punished but threatened of being taken straight to panel for my immediate termination.

Since you enjoy looking at my post history. I find it odd that you didn’t attach the post when I was told I had a 10:45pm cut off back in center punched out. I did that and had 20missed stops 40 or so ms packages. I was suspended because I’m allowed to work 14hrs a day even though i argued that I was working as instructed by working 13hrs that day “non peak” and punched out at 10:45 pm. Center manager didn’t care about the messages that were sent that I had photos of.

Hypothetically what do you think would have happened if i worked 14hrs that night?? I know the answer to that one. I would have been fired for not working as instructed By not being punched out by 10:45.. so like I said Damned if I do Damned if I don’t..

So yea I blow off steam and fantasize about getting a large check from ups because they allowed desperate treatment in the work place.

Here’s another example I’m on Taw rn. Aka office work. Well the last 4 Taw drivers were in the office with the pt sups dispatchers etc. what where they wearing? Regular street clothes and shoes. I go in today wearing my work boots and Browns I have a plain grey hoodie over my work shirt I was instructed in front of 100 drivers to take the hoodie off and that I needed to be in proper uniform.. I said okay no problem but how come such and such aka the last 4 guys were able to wear what ever they liked?? We’re not talking about them we’re taking about you. other drivers took to my defense and said yeah it wasn’t a problem when I did it 6months ago its just a hoodie he has everything else on. Told the other drivers “Well he’s not you” I said No it’s fine I get it, it’s cuz I have different pigment then the previous drivers on TAW! I followed that up with a “Thanks to admitting in front of all my peers disparate treatment”.
Btw I had no idea that it was policy that I had to be in uniform after they told me I’ll be on desk duty making phone calls.

So for you to get on here and try to make me look like I’m a problem,kinda gets under my skin. This company has changed my personality in drastic ways. It changed the way I interact with people. So yeah I fantasize about suing Ups for allowing disparate treatment in the workplace after filing grievance after grievance. Countless times speaking to HR about my unfair treatment.

Additionally to me doing office work today and yesterday. they put me in a office all by myself to make phone calls and take phone calls. No other driver had to do that. Drivers came in my lonely office and asked me why I was placed in here all by myself. All my fellow bruthas and sisters are seeing this and even telling me this is some racist bull dong.

I don’t expect you to understand where I’m coming from because I truly believe you’ve never had to encounter someone who is
Discriminate towards you. I’m sure you’ve encountered countless people who don’t like you, but the atmosphere of discrimination is a lot different. I don’t blame you for not understanding, because then you would have to admit to yourself that you were born with a certain advantage.

I’m not saying the world owes me anything! Because it doesn’t! But I should be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace like everyone else.

Sorry for the rant, appreciate anyone who read all of it.

TL;DR

Management runs by fear and intimidation, once you figure that out, you will be golden.

JL 0513

One has to wonder where the 70 lb classification came to be as the point at which a package is defined as heavy. I get that it has to start somewhere but the problem is that weight is relative to who is lifting it. To an older lady, 70 lbs is an impossible task. While the record deadlift is 1,155 lbs. Power lifters in this league can lift 70 lbs with their little finger and hold it for an hour.

I'm always amazed at the abundance of packages that go through our system that happen to weigh 69 lbs. They all weigh more than 70 but no extra time allowance. That's OK though. 69 lbs is not heavy. 70 lbs is heavy. Or how about extra time allowance for a heavy for one over 70, but when you have ten 65 lb boxes at a bulk stop, there's no extra weight allowance.

Poop Head

Judge me.
One has to wonder where the 70 lb classification came to be as the point at which a package is defined as heavy. I get that it has to start somewhere but the problem is that weight is relative to who is lifting it. To an older lady, 70 lbs is an impossible task. While the record deadlift is 1,155 lbs. Power lifters in this league can lift 70 lbs with their little finger and hold it for an hour.

I'm always amazed at the abundance of packages that go through our system that happen to weigh 69 lbs. They all weigh more than 70 but no extra time allowance. That's OK though. 69 lbs is not heavy. 70 lbs is heavy. Or how about extra time allowance for a heavy for one over 70, but when you have ten 65 lb boxes at a bulk stop, there's no extra weight allowance.
What are you, 5? Who cares about allowances, we make good money

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
One has to wonder where the 70 lb classification came to be as the point at which a package is defined as heavy.

Years ago, our weight limit was 50lbs.

It was then increased to 70.

When we went to 150, the Union finally put their foot down.

Anything over the current weight of 70lbs was considered overweight and one driver did not have to deliver it without help.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Anything over the current weight of 70lbs was considered overweight and one driver did not have to deliver it without help.

JL 0513 hasn't been around long enough to know that.

JL 0513

What are you, 5? Who cares about allowances, we make good money

Why do you think I care? I'm simply pointing out the stupidity of how the allowances are issued. On the other hand, many drivers have become heated during PCM's discussions for noticing glitches in the DIAD where over 70's weren't being credited. I could care less.

JL 0513

JL 0513 hasn't been around long enough to know that.

I always feel like I've just started 9th grade and you come along as the 12th grader who can't help but point out how much cooler you are for being a senior.

For such an old guy it's just odd.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I always feel like I've just started 9th grade and you come along as the 12th grader who can't help but point out how much cooler you are for being a senior.

For such an old guy it's just odd.

Just pointing out that Mugarolla explained exactly what happened.

Relax.

JL 0513

Relax.

I knew about the history of UPS weight limits. That's not what I was even talking about in the post he quoted. I merely pondered about the number "70". Like did UPS sit there and carefully study what was "heavy" and what wasn't. 65 lbs wasn't heavy, but 70 was. 75 lbs, "no, that's too heavy to start the heavy range". Who's lifting? 150 lb man? 250 lb man?

Yes, I'm thinking too much. It's just conversation.

JL 0513

Relax.

Your comment by itself may seem innocent but in the context of your long history of making fun of the fact that I'm not a 30 year driver is where I'm coming from. Many observers won't follow. That's what my comment was about.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I knew about the history of UPS weight limits. That's not what I was even talking about in the post he quoted. I merely pondered about the number "70". Like did UPS sit there and carefully study what was "heavy" and what wasn't. 65 lbs wasn't heavy, but 70 was. 75 lbs, "no, that's too heavy to start the heavy range". Who's lifting? 150 lb man? 250 lb man?

Yes, I'm thinking too much. It's just conversation.

Was 50lbs too heavy? How about 40?

I know that when 50lbs was the limit, I had shippers who would actually break things (tools, in my case) down to be able to ship them. They were pleased at the increase.

I'm sure shipper requests were taken into account before the increase to 150lbs.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Your comment by itself may seem innocent but in the context of your long history of making fun of the fact that I'm not a 30 year driver is where I'm coming from. Many observers won't follow. That's what my comment was about.

Relax, and have a little fun. You are way too serious.