Over allowed

705red

Browncafe Steward
Well, I will bite in on this one, When we have people NCNS, and we do use the double shifter call list nobody will get out of bed and come to work!!! Our drivers sure don't want to load then go drive!!! Bottom line is the hourlys NEED to bring their :censored2: to work!!!!
I agree that they have to come to work, but if they call and attempt to cover the work with drivers and no one bites then i do not have a grievance because they have exhausted all efforts to correct it.

Raw

Raw Member
No, have only been driving for about 12 years. I Have covered about 110 routes. (have never seen a screwed route. Use good methods. Get your bulk off and do air with the ground)
Good methods??!!! Air with ground means your screwing yourself out of stops!!!!! LOL!!:lol:

lost

I agree that they have to come to work, but if they call and attempt to cover the work with drivers and no one bites then i do not have a grievance because they have exhausted all efforts to correct it.
But is also shows the quality of people we are hiring, I have been around ten years, dealing with everything from my husband going in the hospital for his diabetes, my own hospitalization, The things that happen when raising kids, my mother having emergency heart surgery, along with other issues, but its amazing I CAN ALWAYS MANAGE TO FIND A PHONE, and give enough notice that my work load is covered!! Why cant these people that are being hired now manage to do the same thing. Because a lot of them don't really care, and if you don't care why are you working here? I actually had a person tell me he can't work a cage because he is not a morning person... but he ACCEPTED the PRELOAD hours that were offered to him.???

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
But is also shows the quality of people we are hiring, I have been around ten years, dealing with everything from my husband going in the hospital for his diabetes, my own hospitalization, The things that happen when raising kids, my mother having emergency heart surgery, along with other issues, but its amazing I CAN ALWAYS MANAGE TO FIND A PHONE, and give enough notice that my work load is covered!! Why cant these people that are being hired now manage to do the same thing. Because a lot of them don't really care, and if you don't care why are you working here? I actually had a person tell me he can't work a cage because he is not a morning person... but he ACCEPTED the PRELOAD hours that were offered to him.???
To be totally honest, if i started today at $8.50 an hour and i wasnt going into to work i cant guarantee i would get up to call in the morning. But i know we all have tryed calling in at one time or another and the phone just rings, at what point do you give up? In the day the sups would give you their cell numbers incase but not anymore, not that i would call their cell phones anyways.

lost

To be totally honest, if i started today at $8.50 an hour and i wasnt going into to work i cant guarantee i would get up to call in the morning. But i know we all have tryed calling in at one time or another and the phone just rings, at what point do you give up? In the day the sups would give you their cell numbers incase but not anymore, not that i would call their cell phones anyways.

Yeah, but its a common courtesy for one not just for the sup but the other people to take up the slack because we still have to have someone working your area untill we can get a doubleshifter to come in because you gave no warning that you were not going to come in. So now I have a preloader that has worked hard to get his cage down and instead of him keeping his area clean or presorting for his neighbor he has to leave his area and cover yours untill his cages start getting heavy again, not I have a open cage and an irritated employee because you did not bother to come to work or even call. So the irritated employee slows down and crashes too, its a chain reaction that affects everyone in the work area. Remember you came to UPS looking for a job, and was told what you hourly rate would be, if you are not happy with your job then why half :censored2: commit to the job making the other employees that are commited unhappy.

tieguy

Banned
So you are going to tell me that you dont for see any call ins at all and are you under staffed in case of this? How is that a union issue if you fail to staff a sufficient work force tie? I dont drink kool-aid tie i drink capri sun!

You still trying to beg me for a win. too late I crushed you with your goofy logic.

Tie you bleed brown a little more than the normal manager! Believe it or not managers will tell me how screwed up things are but you will never admit it tie! Why tie? Waiting on that big promotion?

I bleed brown too much because I tell you that your union brother being ANC is the reason my supervisor is working. You on the other hand thing you are entitled to a free handout because you're brother stiffed us. Hell you probably tell them to not call in just so you can try to file your BS grievances.

If ups ever pulled out of chicago the service would go to hell and you know it tie! Call some of your buddies here and ask them if im lieing about how we operate, then tell them you can fix us! Tie guy come on down!

Red honestly I've never seen the service as bad as it is when it goes through your chicago buildings. Packages go in and don't come out for days. Its probably because the union guys there are either NCNS or they are looking for BS grievances to file instead of doing their job. It is nice to hear you finally try to brag about doing something for UPS. Usually all you do is brag about how you screw the company with BS grievances or whine because I might actually be brown blooded. Since when did loyalty towards my job ever become something to be ashamed of. At least I know who pays the bills. The only thing the teamsters ever paid were mario and luigi gambino.

DS

Fenderbender
Good methods??!!! Air with ground means your screwing yourself out of stops!!!!! LOL!!:lol:
Raw
If I didn`t deliver air with ground,I`d have 30 more stops every day.If you did my area like you say,you`d be getting back to the building
at least 2 hours after I get back.
If I suddenly started to do this it would be called stealing time,right?

area43

Red, I agree with you on the fact, you give these sups an inch and they take a mile. In our center the sups are constantly running routes, extra stops, and shuttling air. Our center is not a very strong union center as yours. I use to file grievances on it, but stopped. I had the ":censored2: it", type attitude. Nobody else would do it. I know that sounds weak and its not me. Anyhow I see where your coming from. I believe, in most centers this could be the case,sups working. Tie, as a stewart I would cut the sup some slack and then he would just assume that he could do it over and over and over and over again. It wouldnt be long untill, he would start relying on it, in his planning. So the grievances would start pouring in. ) :

Tie, Im with you on taking the :censored2:ty employees to the wood shed, per say. We all know who you are? Just like Tie said, Example, The ones that have 10 ,20 or30 basically unexcused absents a year. Screws, the sup as well as the other drivers when they have to cut a run out to cover his sorry ass. Anyhow, theres plus's and minus's on each side.

In closing, Folks we have a business to run here. Customers need their stuff badly, especially businesses. Were a fined tuned race car. So having said that, Lets go out and kick some fed ex ass. LOL

tieguy

Banned
Red, I agree with you on the fact, you give these sups an inch and they take a mile. In our center the sups are constantly running routes, extra stops, and shuttling air. Our center is not a very strong union center as yours. I use to file grievances on it, but stopped. I had the ":censored2: it", type attitude. Nobody else would do it. I know that sounds weak and its not me. Anyhow I see where your coming from. I believe, in most centers this could be the case,sups working. Tie, as a stewart I would cut the sup some slack and then he would just assume that he could do it over and over and over and over again. It wouldnt be long untill, he would start relying on it, in his planning. So the grievances would start pouring in. ) :

Area43 I don't disagree with the concept of filing on sups working. I do think you have to use a little common sense. If you have employees that don't call and don't show then obviously that affects managements ability to plan the coverage. In that case I think a grievance is a cheap shot every bit as immoral as red tries to make management out to be. Otherwise file away.

Tie, Im with you on taking the :censored2:ty employees to the wood shed, per say. We all know who you are? Just like Tie said, Example, The ones that have 10 ,20 or30 basically unexcused absents a year. Screws, the sup as well as the other drivers when they have to cut a run out to cover his sorry ass. Anyhow, theres plus's and minus's on each side.

In closing, Folks we have a business to run here. Customers need their stuff badly, especially businesses. Were a fined tuned race car. So having said that, Lets go out and kick some fed ex ass. LOL

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red honestly I've never seen the service as bad as it is when it goes through your chicago buildings. Packages go in and don't come out for days. Its probably because the union guys there are either NCNS or they are looking for BS grievances to file instead of doing their job. It is nice to hear you finally try to brag about doing something for UPS. Usually all you do is brag about how you screw the company with BS grievances or whine because I might actually be brown blooded. Since when did loyalty towards my job ever become something to be ashamed of. At least I know who pays the bills. The only thing the teamsters ever paid were mario and luigi gambino.
So tie what your saying is if the employee calls in you would be able to cover his work area with a union employee?

The cach building is horrble for packages to get lost in, i dont work there so i dont know for sure why it happens, but i can tell you that place is a zoo all day every day. there is no slow time at that building, its an around the clock operation sorts all day and night. Maybe someone from cach can explain why the packages get lost. As for the rest of chicago we have closed several out lying centers and jammed more work into the bigger buildings. In palatine alone theres almost 500 package car drivers for that building plus another 90 or so feeder drivers not including roughly 1000 part timers, 22.3 and porters, thats not including any management in those numbers. The addison hub has 3 sorts and is over 2200 union jobs in all, im not sure on the driver count but they have over 150 feeders. The chicago market is huge and im sure that accounts for it compared to a small hub on the east coast.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
well tie don't act like one and you wont get insulted!!!
The guy was asking for advise not a suck it up answer.

:2guns:tieguy

Eh brown I don't want to take anything away from your management hate trip but I didn't respond to your post. I responded to loserupsers posts who insulted me first.

Overpaid Union Thug

Running air with ground isn't part of the methods but everyone, including me, trys it whenever possible. There are some rare days when I have so much air that I literally can't make a ground delivery before 10:30 unless it's together with NDAs. There have even been days where I would have an NDA and ground bulk stop, or even just a package or two, for the same business but I didn't have time to dig them out. I don't sweat it though for several reasons. Because I'm not trying to impress anyone, I don't get bonus because I'm still part-time, I don't want to be the center "Stud", and franticly trying to deliver air with ground isn't worth the risk of having late air. When I'm light on NDAs is when I'll deliver ground with air. Otherwise I'm playing it safe. I'm getting paid by the hour so why not?

705red

Browncafe Steward

Area great post for the most part, and i agree the company must profit but not at the expense of the members! When that sup works that money coming out of someones pocket and is basically theft from an employee, and i will not stand for it on my watch. I have been voted in by the memebers 2 straight elections now and the last one was with 100% of the vote running against a company kiss :censored2: so i must be doing something right!

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
I can tell you why packages get lost at CACH it is called poor management of the hourly personnel. Its called holding the management team accountable, oh wait that applies only to the hourly.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hey buddy,I resent that comment! Oh ,wait a minute,no I dont. The place has been a friend-up since they broke ground. First it was to have no domiciled drivers,now we`re at 600+ combined 705-710. It`s sort system was supposed to have no missorts hence no return belts,they had to gut the place wing by wing to completly redo it. We partially paid for the S.friend yard next door only to have S.friend. tell us how THEY were going to unload our trains and if we didn`t like it we could pound sand. There`s the computer problems in sorting,yard control,etc. There`s been ptimer retention problems so bad they have prisoner work release and wings seperated by gang membership.

As far as being the black hole of packages I know personally we have sat on tlrs that come thru for days even a week at a time. Mostly because of ground time commitments. If we moved them thru they would actually get there early. Problems occur when we sit on tlrs then can`t get rid of them like over the winter when snowstorms shut down the west,S.friend. couldnt unload the trains there and wouldn`t take any more tlrs here. We had them stacked four deep in places.
Basically alot of bad decisions then ok thanks cachsux!

tieguy

Banned
So tie what your saying is if the employee calls in you would be able to cover his work area with a union employee?

Yea Red I think there has to be some common sense applied. If you have the normal 10 percent absenteeism and sups are working then file away.
If you have a sup working and they are covering the person who was anc then thats clearly generated by the person not calling. Not because the sup thought she would go ahead and steal work from the union today. Or if absenteeism is 20 percent today then clearly your brothers just exceeded the plan by a significant amount.

tieguy

Banned
well tie don't act like one and you wont get insulted!!!
The guy was asking for advise not a suck it up answer.

:2guns:tieguy

Oh I don't really care what you think I just call you a puss for the little stab in the back and move on. I'm really not bothered by your cowardly act in fact I expect it. But then you're probably so stupid that you didn't even realize I called you a puss. Or you're probably so stupid that you thought it was a compliment since your coworkers call you the same name everyday when they have to pick up your slack. In either case no one gave you power of attorney. I can probably help the guy more then you will because while you kiss his but he still has to work for the man on monday. And when monday rolls around you will be the puss who stands in the background afraid to open your mouth as most pusses do. Have a nice day puss. :thumbup1:

705red

Browncafe Steward

Yea Red I think there has to be some common sense applied. If you have the normal 10 percent absenteeism and sups are working then file away.
If you have a sup working and they are covering the person who was anc then thats clearly generated by the person not calling. Not because the sup thought she would go ahead and steal work from the union today. Or if absenteeism is 20 percent today then clearly your brothers just exceeded the plan by a significant amount.
Tie was that a tie apoligy there? I think it was.

So that would be it you really would not even call in of the double shift list? If you would only take the time to call and no one came in then theres no grievance. But please dont sit here and say that ups doesnt discipline for attendance because i see it.

You seem a little happier tonight now, you and the little lady spend some alone time? Ifso was it approved by ie? lol

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Wow!!!
do you you feel better now that you belittled an employee?
I wonder if this is normal procedure?
I think i Have to step it up a notch.

:gun_bandaTieguy

Oh I don't really care what you think I just call you a puss for the little stab in the back and move on. I'm really not bothered by your cowardly act in fact I expect it. But then you're probably so stupid that you didn't even realize I called you a puss. Or you're probably so stupid that you thought it was a compliment since your coworkers call you the same name everyday when they have to pick up your slack. In either case no one gave you power of attorney. I can probably help the guy more then you will because while you kiss his but he still has to work for the man on monday. And when monday rolls around you will be the puss who stands in the background afraid to open your mouth as most pusses do. Have a nice day puss. :thumbup1: