Over Payment and Paycheck Deduction

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I am a part-timer on the preload for the past 2.5 years, over the summer at my center the company put up bidsheets for a seasonal 22.3 position for preloaders, I got the job and got the raise included. When the position ended on 9/1/18 my pay rate should have gone back down to my PT rate, however it went up to the driver's starting rate for some reason.

I notified my full-time supervisor via text-message and verbally every week for the past 1.5 months since I noticed the huge over-payment. I am curious if the text message could be used as evidence of written notification required by Article 17, Paragraph 6 so I wouldn't be liable for anything after 5 working days of the written notification.

Thanks for the help.

Never heard of seasonal 22.3 positions. Which Local is this? Might just be the same as seasonal, casual, utility that some have discussed.

Get it fixed. Use a steward to do it right and you will keep the difference notes in contract. I've seen this in many scenarios over past 20 years. It does not matter when they discover they WILL garnish you! If you can prove notification anything overpaid after the stated time in contract is yours to keep.
Carefully do it right! Good luck!