Overtime coming to an end?

Would you rather be dispatched over 9.5 most days or under 8.5 most days?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roller252

I would like to think if more drivers would have filed for 9.5 years ago we could have avoided the apathy that comes with working for Brown and family. Those who want the dough can just not sign 9.5 list and deliver away. There is also the option of asking for extra work and just not filing. Thoughts?........

That's true where I'm at it's pretty simple, get on the 9.5 list and be happy with approximately 48hrs/wk or don't. Me i'm just fine with 40 reg and 8 o/t with an RO here and there but we've still got a couple "give me 12" driver's here.

Sporhwhore

I would like to think if more drivers would have filed for 9.5 years ago we could have avoided the apathy that comes with working for Brown and family. Those who want the dough can just not sign 9.5 list and deliver away. There is also the option of asking for extra work and just not filing. Thoughts?........
Exactly why I started this thread
Our building no 9.5 period! Doesn’t matter if you opted off the list or not! Obviously peak, bad weather, prime day and Hallmark holidays doesn’t always happen but......

UPSER1987

This discussion is exactly why UPS “ doesn’t care” . People bitch when it’s heavy and bitch that it’s too light. Can’t please the masses so you get what you get. The porridge is never “just right”. People complain to hear themselves talk - I stopped listening long ago.

UPSER1987

So true!! I love the guys that cry, even when they get their 8 hour dispatch, the weather is nice, they got laid that morning, and just won the lottery

Yeah the guys that get off early, hang out in the office to describe every square box then tell you they never have time with the family. Really? Was that conversation any different than the day before? And tomorrow?

Dough99

1AEF3273-1475-4D5D-B592-CDBB0D549553.jpeg

The Driver

I drive.
I worked 2550 hours last year while on the 9.5 list. I have 2 hours daily commute. I wish they'd reduce my dispatch.

An hour both ways????!?!?

i would die. I am moving 5 minutes from work in a couple weeks. Right now I’m 11 minutes from work.

One perk of renting for a while and saving up a fat down payment. Taking my time finding the right thing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
An hour both ways????!?!?

i would die. I am moving 5 minutes from work in a couple weeks. Right now I’m 11 minutes from work.

One perk of renting for a while and saving up a fat down payment. Taking my time finding the right thing.
i drive an hour each way. It sucks. I used to live 2 miles away.

Staydryitsraining

Yeah the guys that get off early, hang out in the office to describe every square box then tell you they never have time with the family. Really? Was that conversation any different than the day before? And tomorrow?
I never understood that. We have like 6 that do that. Get off and just hang around chit chatting. Obviously they have nothing once they leave ups but my God how sad.

Dumbo

i drive an hour each way. It sucks. I used to live 2 miles away.

I drive an hour each way also. But it's mostly rural and highway. I personally enjoy the time to drink my coffee and listen to audiobooks or good music. It's meditative to me and gives me a chance to be alone with my thoughts.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This discussion is exactly why UPS “ doesn’t care” . People bitch when it’s heavy and bitch that it’s too light. Can’t please the masses so you get what you get. The porridge is never “just right”. People complain to hear themselves talk - I stopped listening long ago.

Different people have different needs and preferences. They could please more people if they gave the OT to the people who want it, lighten up on those who don't, but apparently that's against policy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I drive an hour each way also. But it's mostly rural and highway. I personally enjoy the time to drink my coffee and listen to audiobooks or good music. It's meditative to me and gives me a chance to be alone with my thoughts.
The drive there in the morning I don’t mind. Before kids I had a nice little routine. Drive halfway. Stop at the gym and workout then head to work.

The drive back sucks. Getting home an hour after I get off is hard.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
It’s possible those are two different groups of people with two different needs.

Dumbo

The drive there in the morning I don’t mind. Before kids I had a nice little routine. Drive halfway. Stop at the gym and workout then head to work.

The drive back sucks. Getting home an hour after I get off is hard.

Yeah I agree it's not nearly as fun on the way home.