Owed Vacation pay after retirement

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@Re-Raise Part-time and Full-time seniority dates have nothing to do with it. In the Southern Supplemental I worked under, it was just 156 reports from January 1. I don't know how your area is, it seems different parts of the country have different rules. It took over a month for my 2021 vacation pay to show up on UPSers.com.after my last day. Mine was a real check sent to my Center, not a direct deposit. I had to look for it, my supervisor had for three weeks and didn't bother to tell me.

Re-Raise

@Re-Raise Part-time and Full-time seniority dates have nothing to do with it. In the Southern Supplemental I worked under, it was just 156 reports from January 1. I don't know how your area is, it seems different parts of the country have different rules. It took over a month for my 2021 vacation pay to show up on UPSers.com.after my last day. Mine was a real check sent to my Center, not a direct deposit. I had to look for it, my supervisor had for three weeks and didn't bother to tell me.
Thanks..

I texted the President of my local tonight and he said he would contact the labor manager tomorrow

Do you think they will pay me for the 24hrs of unused optional days I still had left? My steward didn’t know.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Thanks..

I texted the President of my local tonight and he said he would contact the labor manager tomorrow

Do you think they will pay me for the 24hrs of unused optional days I still had left? My steward didn’t know.
They should pay you for any unused sick/personal days that you had left this year. Mine were on the same check as my vacation payout.

Re-Raise

Just saw on Upsers that the paid me for 250.6 hours👍 On a check for 12/24.

I apparently didn’t have the 156 punches from my seniority date, but they prorated it.

The only thing I still wonder about are the 24hrs I still had as optional day time when I left. Center manager said they didn’t owe me that..Union President said I earned that 7/31 and should get it paid out ...we’ll see

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just saw on Upsers that the paid me for 250.6 hours👍 On a check for 12/24.

I apparently didn’t have the 156 punches from my seniority date, but they prorated it.

The only thing I still wonder about are the 24hrs I still had as optional day time when I left. Center manager said they didn’t owe me that..Union President said I earned that 7/31 and should get it paid out ...we’ll see
I don't think that your seniority date would have anything to do with your 2021 vacation payout. With 34 years I would think that they owe you for the entire six weeks, especially if you worked most of the year. As I said, it seems the different supplements have different rules about things.

Re-Raise

I don't think that your seniority date would have anything to do with your 2021 vacation payout. With 34 years I would think that they owe you for the entire six weeks, especially if you worked most of the year. As I said, it seems the different supplements have different rules about things.
I am in local 710 and I did know that it ran from my employment date. I wish it had been from Jan1, or even my full-time seniority date which was earlier in the year.

Oh well, it is what it is and I think it is accurate for our supplemen.

I actually feel now that I am officially retired! I was afraid I left some money on the table by not filling out all of the paperwork beforehand. But I have already received my first pension check for December and have the vacation thing figured out now.

Golfed all day yesterday and am actually in the Christmas spirit for the first time in my adult life! lol

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I agree that Christmas is enjoyable again. I have nothing but time to do what I want and I'm not worn out. I hit the gym for an hour every other day and that's about it. We opened presents with one of our sons and rode around on the golf cart most of the afternoon.

vreG7x6TSf+cBO8v525keg.jpg