Oz vs Vairma

browned out

Nah

He was full of "it" the whole time.
If by full of it; you are implying that I am full of the truth....then you are spot on.

Hoffa/Taylor created the 22.4 position and did not create obvious language that would allow any RPCD laid off on a Monday to be able to work a Saturday in order to reach 40 hours. One sentence. These ass-clowns purposely left that language out and it has hurt RPCDs.

Hoffa/Taylor created the 22.4 position Tues-Sat without grandfathering in RPCDs who had already chosen and bid on Tues to Sat. One sentence. Why wouldn't they put simple seniority language allowing those who bid on to a Tues to Sat schedule to remain. These turd-burglars purposely left out that language.

The Local 243 officials are indeed slapdicks. They won 2 out of 3 issues in the Metro Detroit Rider and consider that a victory without taking into account the gravity of the issue they lost.

1. Guarantee RPCDs the right to 40 hours (either by 4 10 hour days or having the right to work Saturday even if it means bumping a 22.4. NOPE LOSER
2. Getting an hour or so pay for employees that are required to get an airport badge. WIN
3. Allowing seniority employees the optional right to have the day off when there are extra drivers. WIN

In a different negotiation; I had 3 issues I was attempting to win.
I asked for new socks. WIN
I asked for a bologna sandwich. WIN
I asked for world peace. LOSE

I won 2 out of 3 so that is a huge victory. LOL

If UPSers want to continue on with the company controlled union; they should vote for the Vairma/H slate.

Seniority rights are a pillar of being in a union.

Not protecting those rights in regards to allowing drivers to stay on their bid on schedules is unacceptable.
Not protecting the rights of the higher classification of RPCDs to 40 hours is unnaceptable.

The slapdick, ass clown, fart knocking, butt pirating, turd burglars' days are numbered.

OZ ON!

browned out

The OZ Team will crush UPS corporate's supported and controlled PowderPuff slate.

The company controlled union is on the way out. Bye bye.

The Hoffa loyalist company controlled union locals all have a few things in common.

They believe the majority of members are gullible sheepole and/or apathetic.
They think that the members believe that the leaders' stated priority issues are in the members best interests.
They threaten the members with unfounded impending strike fears. 'Vote no and we will be on strike"

243 portrayed themselves as champions of the 243 members. 243 leaders are a joke.

243 stated in the LOCAL 243 MIRROR NEWSLETTER: “Since UPS agreed to two of our three major open issues, we recommended a YES vote the third time around.” http://www.teamsters243.org/docs/Local_243_Newsletter_docs/_243_May_June_2019.pdf?button3=View

What 243 failed to mention is that 1 of the 3 "major" open issues was never an issue.

Giving drivers the right to a day off by seniority if routes were not built was never an issue. It was manufactured by 243.
UPS has a long history of practically begging high seniority drivers to take days off if routes were cut.
Simple business economics.... Melvin the method follower with 30 years of seniority runs an hour overallowed and makes $40 an hour ($60 on OT) and works 10 hours. Ronnie the runner gunner with low seniority makes $22 an hour, skips breaks and lunch and works 8 hours. $$>$ Maybe we should ask Melvin to take the day off. ya think?

This was not an issue. So 243 traded a non-issue for UPS not guaranteeing RPCDs a right to 40 hours. 243 leaders have been UPS company controlled puppets for a very long time.

The 243 Mirror news letter also states:
- SENIORITY: Used to determine the proper order workers are entitled to promotions, vacations, job bidding, shift preference, etc. This takes away the employer’s power to play favorites and guarantees fairness. (hollow words from 243)

Yet our purported leaders at the National, Central States, and Metro Detroit all failed to include language that would protect shift preference, job bidding, etc. The assclowns did however create language that forced seniority drivers off of their bid on, preferred schedules. Most of the package car drivers who bid on to a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule had 30+ years seniority at UPS. SENIORITY rights could have been protected if the future POWDERPUFF team would have adhered to the basic UNION priciples.

Oh yeah; we actually could bid back on to our preferred Tuesday to Saturday schedule under a few caveats:
We just would have to move down to a lower classification, take a $6 an hour straight time pay cut, A $ 9 an hour OT pay cut and lose anywhere from $15K to $25K per year. ($75K to $125K less per 5 year CBA)

There is no valid argument for not allowing all RPCDs (present and future) to be able to bid on a preferred schedule.
It is unconscionable that the IBT did not grandfather the rights of drivers who had already bid on, and worked T-S.
It was a calculated move by a UPS controlled union.

SLAPDICKS is too kind. Pieces of garbage is more fitting. Pieces of kaka is accurate.

Last edited:

What'dyabringmetoday???

The OZ Team will crush UPS corporate's supported and controlled PowderPuff slate.

The company controlled union is on the way out. Bye bye.

The Hoffa loyalist company controlled union locals all have a few things in common.

They believe the majority of members are gullible sheepole and/or apathetic.
They think that the members believe that the leaders' stated priority issues are in the members best interests.
They threaten the members with unfounded impending strike fears. 'Vote no and we will be on strike"

243 portrayed themselves as champions of the 243 members. 243 leaders are a joke.

243 stated in the LOCAL 243 MIRROR NEWSLETTER: “Since UPS agreed to two of our three major open issues, we recommended a YES vote the third time around.” http://www.teamsters243.org/docs/Local_243_Newsletter_docs/_243_May_June_2019.pdf?button3=View

What 243 failed to mention is that 1 of the 3 "major" open issues was never an issue.

Giving drivers the right to a day off by seniority if routes were not built was never an issue. It was manufactured by 243.
UPS has a long history of practically begging high seniority drivers to take days off if routes were cut.
Simple business economics.... Melvin the method follower with 30 years of seniority runs an hour overallowed and makes $40 an hour ($60 on OT) and works 10 hours. Ronnie the runner gunner with low seniority makes $22 an hour, skips breaks and lunch and works 8 hours. $$>$ Maybe we should ask Melvin to take the day off. ya think?

This was not an issue. So 243 traded a non-issue for UPS not guaranteeing RPCDs a right to 40 hours. 243 leaders have been UPS company controlled puppets for a very long time.

The 243 Mirror news letter also states:
- SENIORITY: Used to determine the proper order workers are entitled to promotions, vacations, job bidding, shift preference, etc. This takes away the employer’s power to play favorites and guarantees fairness. (hollow words from 243)

Yet our purported leaders at the National, Central States, and Metro Detroit all failed to include language that would protect shift preference, job bidding, etc. The assclowns did however create language that forced seniority drivers off of their bid on, preferred schedules. Most of the package car drivers who bid on to a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule had 30+ years seniority at UPS. SENIORITY rights could have been protected if the future POWDERPUFF team would have adhered to the basic UNION priciples.

Oh yeah; we actually could bid back on to our preferred Tuesday to Saturday schedule under a few caveats:
We just would have to move down to a lower classification, take a $6 an hour straight time pay cut, A $ 9 an hour OT pay cut and lose anywhere from $15K to $25K per year. ($75K to $125K less per 5 year CBA)

There is no valid argument for not allowing all RPCDs (present and future) to be able to bid on a preferred schedule.
It is unconscionable that the IBT did not grandfather the rights of drivers who had already bid on, and worked T-S.
It was a calculated move by a UPS controlled union.

SLAPDICKS is too kind. Pieces of garbage is more fitting. Pieces of kaka is accurate.
It's not the union's fault. Lol.

Jlandry

If by full of it; you are implying that I am full of the truth....then you are spot on.

Hoffa/Taylor created the 22.4 position and did not create obvious language that would allow any RPCD laid off on a Monday to be able to work a Saturday in order to reach 40 hours. One sentence. These ass-clowns purposely left that language out and it has hurt RPCDs.

Hoffa/Taylor created the 22.4 position Tues-Sat without grandfathering in RPCDs who had already chosen and bid on Tues to Sat. One sentence. Why wouldn't they put simple seniority language allowing those who bid on to a Tues to Sat schedule to remain. These turd-burglars purposely left out that language.

The Local 243 officials are indeed slapdicks. They won 2 out of 3 issues in the Metro Detroit Rider and consider that a victory without taking into account the gravity of the issue they lost.

1. Guarantee RPCDs the right to 40 hours (either by 4 10 hour days or having the right to work Saturday even if it means bumping a 22.4. NOPE LOSER
2. Getting an hour or so pay for employees that are required to get an airport badge. WIN
3. Allowing seniority employees the optional right to have the day off when there are extra drivers. WIN

In a different negotiation; I had 3 issues I was attempting to win.
I asked for new socks. WIN
I asked for a bologna sandwich. WIN
I asked for world peace. LOSE

I won 2 out of 3 so that is a huge victory. LOL

If UPSers want to continue on with the company controlled union; they should vote for the Vairma/H slate.

Seniority rights are a pillar of being in a union.

Not protecting those rights in regards to allowing drivers to stay on their bid on schedules is unacceptable.
Not protecting the rights of the higher classification of RPCDs to 40 hours is unnaceptable.

The slapdick, ass clown, fart knocking, butt pirating, turd burglars' days are numbered.

OZ ON!
James Wright and a few others to include Hicks supported 22.4 language and are very good buddys with Taylor

nWo

Who is most likely to give us better language on 6th day punches? We should have 1.5x if you work your scheduled day off.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Who is most likely to give us better language on 6th day punches? We should have 1.5x if you work your scheduled day off.

I would vote for the candidate that would be willing to listen to the rank and file not just the chosen few. 🤔

Too early for contract proposals... start making a list when the time comes..👍

holdingmybreath

Just out of curiosity, why would being militant attract your vote?
Because the entire reason I sought out a union job is to make the relationship with my employer less exploitative. UPS can obviously afford it, and they need the help so I want them to have to pay as dearly as possible for my labor.

ManInBrown

Just stuck my ballot in the mailbox. O’Brien/Zuck slate. I don’t need some Hoffa lackey being in charge of steering the hourlies future at UPS. Anyone that has any association with telling UPS “nah we’re good, no need to go back to the negotiating table” when members voted down the last contract but didn’t meet the sneaky little clause of percentage of voters, has no business having anything to do with leading the Teamsters. That was scummy. That was a dirt ball move. I Hope O’Brien does us right.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

I mean if say I don't work Tuesday. I should still get 1.5x on Saturday. And I feel like honestly we should get double time for 6th day punches.
Oh, we get 1.5x in my rider if you work Saturday even if you miss a day during the week. Also double time for any work scheduled on the 7th day of your work week.