Oz vs Vairma

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
OZ is Ron Carey 2.0, if you like striking when you're weakest they're the ones for you. People who want to strike need to talk to those of us who did already.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
OZ is Ron Carey 2.0, if you like striking when you're weakest they're the ones for you. People who want to strike need to talk to those of us who did already.
I just don’t even see what these guys and gals even are so upset about that they are threatening to strike with close to two years left on a contract. Everyone complains about 22.4s, I get it. It’s not even a two tiered system til they reach top rate, which none of them even have yet. Could be fixed before that even occurs.

I just don’t even see what these guys and gals even are so upset about that they are threatening to strike with close to two years left on a contract. Everyone complains about 22.4s, I get it. It’s not even a two tiered system til they reach top rate, which none of them even have yet. Could be fixed before that even occurs.
You aren't understanding it's a lot more than the two tiered wage.
They don't have any the same protections that are RPCD driver does.
The abusive how a lot of 9/5 list and fight people to pay them for the money that's owed to them for being on the list.

MyTripisCut

You aren't understanding it's a lot more than the two tiered wage.
They don't have any the same protections that are RPCD driver does.
The abusive how a lot of 9/5 list and fight people to pay them for the money that's owed to them for being on the list.
UPS is paying 9.5 grievances at will around most of the country. You know as well as I do that language doesn’t even protect RPCD from excessive OT. Hell we’ve already turned over our first year of 22.4s have become RPCD in less than 18 months.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
One of my Stewards is a former Cover Driver and says 22.4 was a better deal here. I don't hear any of my old Package driver friends here complain about 22.4's. It seems to me it's an attempt to provide the 7 day service model Amazon has everyone expecting while not forcing existing Package drivers into that schedule which they overwhelmingly do not want to work here. The way the employment market has changed it will probably die just because they can't staff.

It’s definitely a rough neighborhood these days.
If I was single I'd be put my papers in right now No BS

But in the meantime I'll crack a beer and enjoy some fresh salt water taffy
IMG_20211009_131253942.jpg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
UPS is paying 9.5 grievances at will around most of the country. You know as well as I do that language doesn’t even protect RPCD from excessive OT. Hell we’ve already turned over our first year of 22.4s have become RPCD in less than 18 months.

One of my Stewards is a former Cover Driver and says 22.4 was a better deal here. I don't hear any of my old Package driver friends here complain about 22.4's. It seems to me it's an attempt to provide the 7 day service model Amazon has everyone expecting while not forcing existing Package drivers into that schedule which they overwhelmingly do not want to work here. The way the employment market has changed it will probably die just because they can't staff.

Every Friday there are close to 50 (9.5) grievance checks laying on the desk, free money that the company is willing to pay because of poor manning. These 22.4 positions are history next contract.

Those in the West do have the benefit of these 22.4 members paying into their pension and health and welfare plans...it could be argued that this could be seen as being padding the benefits for the seniority members over providing an equal footing for the newer ones. They could of easily created. 7 day , 24 hour operation with the RPCDs, it was a concession that did not work because of overall effects of the pandemic

“Let them eat Cake”

MyTripisCut

Every Friday there are close to 50 (9.5) grievance checks laying on the desk, free money that the company is willing to pay because of poor manning. These 22.4 positions are history next contract.

Those in the West do have the benefit of these 22.4 members paying into their pension and health and welfare plans...it could be argued that this could be seen as being padding the benefits for the seniority members over providing an equal footing for the newer ones. They could of easily created. 7 day , 24 hour operation with the RPCDs, it was a concession that did not work because of overall effects of the pandemic

“Let them eat Cake”
22.4s contribute to our plan here as well. They are full time jobs and pension contributions go to the local.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

“Let them eat Cake”
Nobody in the West cares about the 22.4 issue, we're all looking at the poor contracts negotiated by OZ.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Nobody in the West cares about the 22.4 issue, we're all looking at the poor contracts negotiated by OZ.

What about the poor souls in the Central and Southern, it isn’t always about the East and West coasts.

How about parity with our pension plans, that would be a good start.

What national contract would cut the mustard under the Hoffa administration in your opinion?

What about the poor souls in the Central and Southern, it isn’t always about the East and West coasts.

How about parity with our pension plans, that would be a good start.

What national contract would cut the mustard under the Hoffa administration in your opinion?
How would you suggest reaching parity in pensions? You're talking about plans that were established well before 1979, and there is no fix that will make things equal to the western for really anyone working today. It would take 50 years to get things in the central/east/south up to that standard.

542thruNthru

How would you suggest reaching parity in pensions? You're talking about plans that were established well before 1979, and there is no fix that will make things equal to the western for really anyone working today. It would take 50 years to get things in the central/east/south up to that standard.
Funny how every pension has Trustee's on both sides but it's all Hoffa's fault.

Don't get me wrong Hoffa has some blame but not nearly as much as people like to place on him.