Oz vs Vairma

Funny how every pension has Trustee's on both sides but it's all Hoffa's fault.

Don't get me wrong Hoffa has some blame but not nearly as much as people like to place on him.
I get it, but my point is more that these pensions were established far before we were under a national contract. No one in the last 42 years has taken any steps to take the plan in our direction. I mean, I have no idea how to do it or even where to start, but if it was so easy as to just say "we're making all pensions equal to the west" it would've been done long before now.

542thruNthru

I get it, but my point is more that these pensions were established far before we were under a national contract. No one in the last 42 years has taken any steps to take the plan in our direction. I mean, I have no idea how to do it or even where to start, but if it was so easy as to just say "we're making all pensions equal to the west" it would've been done long before now.
It's definitely more complicated than me and you could ever imagine I'm sure. That's probably why it's always used as a political weapon all the time.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
How would you suggest reaching parity in pensions? You're talking about plans that were established well before 1979, and there is no fix that will make things equal to the western for really anyone working today. It would take 50 years to get things in the central/east/south up to that standard.

You have to understand that the Western’s pension trust is classified as a “Monetary Contribution Pension Plan” it is getting individual monetary contributions per Article 34 (Master). Which is averaging about 500 a week for a full timer, their part timers are also contributing, not sure about their weekly contributions.

Under the IBT/UPS pension plan established in 2007 which happens to be a “Defined Pension Plan” is not subject to the Article 34 contributions, the company only has to pay at the end of the year the required payments to keep the the vested requirements to the promised pension benefits. All pension funds rely on investment returns, so when the markets are doing well the Western will continue to grow, under the IBT/UPS and every other defined pension plan the company wins out because at the end of the year they do not have to contribute more because of the plan’s investment returns.

542thruNthru

You have to understand that the Western’s pension trust is classified as a “Monetary Contribution Pension Plan” it is getting individual monetary contributions per Article 34 (Master). Which is averaging about 500 a week for a full timer, their part timers are also contributing, not sure about their weekly contributions.

Under the IBT/UPS pension plan established in 2007 which happens to be a “Defined Pension Plan” is not subject to the Article 34 contributions, the company only has to pay at the end of the year the required payments to keep the the vested requirements to the promised pension benefits. All pension funds rely on investment returns, so when the markets are doing well the Western will continue to grow, under the IBT/UPS and every other defined pension plan the company wins out because at the end of the year they do not have to contribute more because of the plan’s investment returns.
Um, I'm not the smartest when it comes to pensions but I'm pretty sure the western conference of teamsters pension fund has nothing to do with article 34 of the NMA.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
What about the poor souls in the Central and Southern, it isn’t always about the East and West coasts.

How about parity with our pension plans, that would be a good start.

What national contract would cut the mustard under the Hoffa administration in your opinion?

So when talking about those "poor souls" is this a discussion where we include 705 and 710 or exclude them?
Parity like the Teamcare that was attempted to be forced on us? (and all those 'poor souls' who declined to join us in the L177WCTHC plan?)
I'd be happy to discuss bringing up everyone to what the West has when people from the West are running the International.

I have issues with every contract as should everyone, but your question is too broad and loaded. I'd direct you to look at the signatures page for who is responsible for every contract negotiated during any administration. Also note which locals are not signatory and ask why that region gets screwed.

I understand they're different, and I (for the most part) understand why. What I'm asking is what you think can be done in a contract to get parity in pensions.

Karma...

wouldn't parity be an internal union question rather than a ups concern ?......maybe with the new union president that internal union pensions issue will be addressed.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
wouldn't parity be an internal union question rather than a ups concern ?......maybe with the new union president that internal union pensions issue will be addressed.

Guess who has been contributing to our Pension trusts...It has always been a UPS Concern...Remember 1997...

Karma...

seeing as how the union and ups are so intertwined these days I dont think a strike will ever again happen...too much money at state.....

oldngray

nowhere special
We really need to talk about your candy choices.
when-candy-corn.jpg

browned out

That's how everyone should think of what @browned out is....

@browned out

What happened with all the NLRB charges you filed against Local 243 ?

I've asked this question.... on multiple occasions.

-Bug-
Encouraging others to think of me as a s#@*d^%k is uncalled for. My feelings are hurt.

The NLRB did not rule in favor of the UPS Teamster Members.

No surprise there. The NLRB examiner and Local 243 leaders are on a first name basis. They have worked side by side to win minor victories for Teamsters while ignoring major wrongdoing by the Teamsters and UPS against Teamster UPSers.

The members have a snowball's chance in H E double toothpicks chance of winning a NLRB charge against their union or a duty of fair representation suit against their union.

That does not mean one should not attempt to do what is right.

243 did not act in the members' best interest and 243 was dishonest. 243 is a company controlled local in alliegence with UPS management, Hoffa, Hall, Vairma, Herrea and the rest of the Teamster Powerderpuff Slate.

1. Creating the 22.4 classification without creating language guaranteeing RPCDs the right to 40 hours or setting new rights to OT hours is beyond foolish. It was done purposely. 243 leaders stated they did not know what rights an RPCD would have to work Saturday if that meant getting their 40 hours. "We don't know" WTF? How about guaranteeing the right to 40 hours to an RPCD before a newly created 22.4 classification has a right to 40 hours. Elementary.

2. Telling the members that their health insurance would remain the same as the previous contract was a lie pure and simple. $100 $200 family) deductible is not equal to the $500 ($1000 family) deductible we pay now.

3. Allowing UPS to force drivers off of their preferred and bid on Tuesday thru Saturday schedules back to a Monday thru Friday schedule is moronic.

The slapdicks created the 22.4 with no thought to seniority regarding preferred schedules and OT protections or OT rights?

No one could be that inept and incompetent. The Teamsters under Hoffa/Hall/Taylor are a company controlled union and they knew exactly what they were doing.

If the status quo of a company controlled ass clown union is what the members want then they can vote for the Teamster PowerDerPuff slate.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Encouraging others to think of me as a s#@*d^%k is uncalled for. My feelings are hurt.

No surprise there. The NLRB examiner and Local 243 leaders are on a first name basis. They have worked side by side to win minor victories for Teamsters while ignoring major wrongdoing by the Teamsters and UPS against Teamster UPSers.

The members have a snowball's chance in H E double toothpicks chance of winning a NLRB charge against their union or a duty of fair representation suit against their union.

243 did not act in the members' best interest and 243 was dishonest. 243 is a company controlled local in alliegence with UPS management, Hoffa, Hall, Vairma, Herrea and the rest of the Teamster Powerderpuff Slate.

1. Creating the 22.4 classification without creating language guaranteeing RPCDs the right to 40 hours or setting new rights to OT hours is beyond foolish. It was done purposely. 243 leaders stated they did not know what rights an RPCD would have to work Saturday if that meant getting their 40 hours. "We don't know" WTF? How about guaranteeing the right to 40 hours to an RPCD before a newly created 22.4 classification has a right to 40 hours. Elementary.

2. Telling the members that their health insurance would remain the same as the previous contract was a lie pure and simple. $100 $200 family) deductible is not equal to the $500 ($1000 family) deductible we pay now.

3. Allowing UPS to force drivers off of their preferred and bid on Tuesday thru Saturday schedules back to a Monday thru Friday schedule is moronic.

The slapdicks created the 22.4 with no thought to seniority regarding preferred schedules and OT protections or OT rights?

No one could be that inept and incompetent. The Teamsters under Hoffa/Hall/Taylor are a company controlled union and they knew exactly what they were doing.

If the status quo of a company controlled ass clown union is what the members want then they can vote for the Teamster PowerDerPuff slate.
D21EACF5-5485-43D9-8C5C-2B49D329CCE3.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Wow

Also I didn't read the rest of whatever you rambled on about. :)

It took him 3 years.... to come up with a response to my question.