Package car drivers who give out dog treats

Any cat I have ever gotten has been a rescue and they are usually declawed. Back claws is something I wasent aware of anyone doing this. The dude needed a home a d ill hang with a cat with no claws no problem. I already love him.

trickpony1

I am not saying whether I am for or against de-clawing of cats but supposedly there is lazor claw removal available --less pain --more expensive.

One thing for sure I believe the vast majority of us are against inflicting any pain on cats and dogs.

I understand this but wouldn't you think declawing would have everlasting effects on the cat even after the pain is gone?
This is the point I was trying to make and may have eluded some people.

Indecisi0n

To better understand the sensation of being declawed have your fingers surgically removed, at a young age, at the first knuckle (where the finger attaches to the hand).

Declawing is very cruel.

I have two cats that have not been declawed. The only thing they claw are their scratching pads/posts.

I had the skin cut off my penis and I'm still alive. I think the cat will be fine.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree with taking out the fronts but never the backs.
I have 1 cat that I had declawed. I had to for piece of mind. He was destroying absolutely everything in the house and there was nothing I found that would stop him. He was horrible. It was the best decision I ever made but it still broke my heart when I got him home from the vet. Because he had been to the vet, when I got him home my other 2 cats picked on him mercilessly for a couple of weeks and because his paws hurt he was walking on his elbows. I swore if I ever had the other 2 declawed they would both be done at the same time. So far I haven't had to. Thank God! Just having Scooper done was enough to save the furniture and my sanity.

I would never have the back claws done.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I understand this but wouldn't you think declawing would have everlasting effects on the cat even after the pain is gone?
This is the point I was trying to make and may have eluded some people.
Your point was not missed. Having a cat that has been declawed and 2 that have not been I have to disagree with what you say (or imply). My Scooper is still the same cat he always was and he still scratches on absolutely everything. He just can't damage anything anymore. And one other point, he is still the deadly hunter that he always has been. Even catching birds.

trickpony1

This will be my last post on this subject. I'm sure some will not understand.

Having a dogs vocal chords altered so it won't bark and annoy the neighbors is, to me, as cruel as declawing a cat. God gave claws to cats and vocal chords to dogs. To alter or remove either is to suppress the animals means of expressing itself.

I have seen deaf people who ASL to themselves. All animals want/need to express themselves. It seems some humans feel the need to curtail that for convienence.

Argize

I had something happen today that probably will never ever happen again. I had just rung the doorbell at an apartment complex and there was a little dachshund that came up to me. Well he was a cool looking friendly little fella so I decided he deserved a treat. I had a small package in my left hand and then tucked my diad under my left arm so my right hand would be free to dig down in my pocket and get him a goodie. As I was doing this I heard the diad making a few beeping noises indicating that some buttons were getting inadvertently pushed. After giving this little guy his treat I looked at my diad and low and behold the word "ARF" had been typed in the remarks column! I couldn't help but laugh out loud. The odds of that ever happening again are about as great as me getting struck by lightning and then getting bit by a shark in one day, lol.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
And run under his truck and get killed.
I have been giving dog treats away for 27 years and not once have I hit a dog or had one run under the truck and get killed.

If you have a dog that is running circles around the truck or staying in your blind spots (as herding dogs like to do) one of the best ways to get them to stop is to throw a dog treat into the bushes. They will go after the treat and leave you alone while you get the truck turned around.

raceanoncr

P/C driver for here, now retired, would ALWAYS give "Wank The Wonder Woofer" a Milk Bone upon arrival. Calm as could be with him. USPS guy? No Milk Bones. She hates him. Literally.

jacki.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont have many, the mean ones I give nothing to. They are trained to be mean. They are city dogs. The butt wagging monsters, get a treat if I have them especially in a business.

Packmule

I have been giving dog treats away for 27 years and not once have I hit a dog or had one run under the truck and get killed.

If you have a dog that is running circles around the truck or staying in your blind spots (as herding dogs like to do) one of the best ways to get them to stop is to throw a dog treat into the bushes. They will go after the treat and leave you alone while you get the truck turned around.
I Had a black lab I later learned was senile, belly crawl under the front of the truck where I couldn't see him. This was after I started a three mph crawl out of the driveway. I'm Guessing it saw a rock it thought was a treat. I Thought it was still down in front until my rr dually ran over it as it tried to crawl back out while I was moving.
Company tore me up over that so bad I won't deliver to places where the dogs aren't smart enough to stay back on their own.
Ironically, this dog's owner was planning on having it put down soon anyway. It was also deaf.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I Had a black lab I later learned was senile, belly crawl under the front of the truck where I couldn't see him. This was after I started a three mph crawl out of the driveway. I'm Guessing it saw a rock it thought was a treat. I Thought it was still down in front until my rr dually ran over it as it tried to crawl back out while I was moving.
Company tore me up over that so bad I won't deliver to places where the dogs aren't smart enough to stay back on their own.
Ironically, this dog's owner was planning on having it put down soon anyway. It was also deaf.
That is sad. I hit a rotty once, it ran out of nowhere going to its grammas.

joesmith

Im one of those drivers who give out treats, its fun for me and i enjoy it, as you know we work long hours and its a bright spot in my day, sorry to hear about that dead dog. I hope i never hit and kill someones pet.