Package car drivers who give out dog treats

brown bomber

brown bomber
buy your treats at Big Lots, Save-a-Lot, or some dollar store....the quality doesn't matter to the dog.......they're happy to just get the treat

satellitedriver

I just love dogs. I have three rescues who I love. All dogs are beautiful and the bad ones weren't taught right from wrong just like kids can be. We need to appreciate understand and learn how to make our point so we can understand each other
I love dogs and cats, also.
All my animals are rescue and they are spoiled rotten, but they behave.
I have flown many a mile delivering rescues through the "Pilots and Paws" program.
On my route, I encourage good behavior and reward them for responding, but some animals just need to be backed off and put into their place.
I will not abuse an animal, but I will use a mild "@" whooping to get my point across.

S

serenity now

Only to the good dogs... ;) I'm not into bribing bad dogs to potentially not bite me... ;)

give a bad dog one treat immediately * love to watch them continue to bark while the treat crumbs come flying out * show the bad dog the second treat and then throw it 20 ft. away * repeat as necessary *

Indecisi0n

2005_07_21_shrek_cat.jpg

S

serenity now

have one house where the small inside dog absolutely loves the treats * if the people are not home, i will leave a treat on top of the pkg when i dr it * i know, i know, how precious *

menotyou

bella amicizia
have one house where the small inside dog absolutely loves the treats * if the people are not home, i will leave a treat on top of the pkg when i dr it * i know, i know, how precious *
I had several houses I'd slow down in front of, if I had no stop, and pitch cookie to the poochie. One house got a package everyday, and two cookies. They loved me. Yes, you are right. Precious.

Argize

I'm an animal lover as well and give out treats to dogs every single day, and sometimes cats too if they look scrawny and hungry. It's not their fault that they have uncaring owners or ones that have abandoned them. I was at the vet's office on my route one day and they said they'd just gotten a call from someone who wanted them to take their 6 "barn cats" or they were gonna drown them in the lake. Grrrrrr! :angry:

As far as feeding dogs, I never feed them at the truck or if they cross a street to get to my truck. I've actually broken quite a few dogs from chasing my truck with treats. I just crumble up several Alpo Snaps into a bunch of pieces, throw them haphazardly up in the air and then drive off as they scrounge around trying to find them. =)

On another note, this is something rather amusing to try with an aggressive dog other than the "treat method'. It doesn't have a high percentage of success, but when it does you won't be able to stop laughing. I was at a stop one time and a shepherd was coming at me in a very aggressive manner barking and showing me his fine chops. I yelled out "stay" in a very firm voice and gave the accompanying hand command; well, low and behold that rascal just froze in his tracks. I then issued him the "sit command" and he immediately plops his doggie butt down and sits, lol. I once again said "stay" as I was heading back to my truck and as I was driving off I could still see him in my mirrors in the "sit/stay" posistion. I couldn't help but wonder how long he actually remained like that, lol.

One of my favorites .... 717522344_2562975442_0.jpeg
717522344_2562975442_0.jpeg

I love dogs and cats, also.
All my animals are rescue and they are spoiled rotten, but they behave.
I have flown many a mile delivering rescues through the "Pilots and Paws" program.
On my route, I encourage good behavior and reward them for responding, but some animals just need to be backed off and put into their
image.jpgplace.
I will not abuse an animal, but I will use a mild "@" whooping to get my point across.
Cheeky out new rescue. Ill post the other one rocky in a minute I can't figure out how to post two pics. I have five rescues right now between my dogs and cats
image.jpg

bigblu 2 you

a tech from direct tv came out to reset my satt-dish.he saw my dog and told me he keeps dog treats,something he said he learned from a ups driver.i told him i was a driver myself and do the same....ups,,teaching the world new tricks daily.