Package Cars and A/C

Observer

Saw that the employees nurse wife is still working on getting A/Cfor package cars. She is stating that you wouldn't leave your dog in a hot vehicle. This might do the trick. Abney of all people should be for the employees getting relief in the heat. OR he should step down as he "guided" by others on what to say and when.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Be careful what you ask for. If it's like anything else management gets their hands on, the ac will be stuck on high and blow 110° air directly in your face.
A good example is the work/life balance initiatives somebody dreamed up last year. When they announced it, I joked with a coworker about ways they could screw it up. A month later, we were starting 30 min later. Thanks alot, you worthless parasites.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
That is the entire problem here. For some reason management turns anything that goes on here into an exercise in antagonism. The nurse mentioned above has it half right. The management treat us worse than dogs. To a T they all seem to be a bunch of sadistic punks treating us worse than dogs and justifying it as a way to meet some made up metric.
A/C is necessary in the package cars for the amount of time that they leave us out there now. A/C on!!!

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
A/C has worked great in Feeder tractors sine 1994. It's been a non-issue for decades. No reason UPS can't put it in the package cars, even an APU unit would work great. The planet isn't going to cool anytime soon.

Get the customers on board. We've bought Reefer units here for Liberty Sales. They send boxes of candy to small retail stores, hotels, etc. Keep filing OSHA complaints, follow Cool Solutions to the letter, go to the E.R. if you get heat exhaustion and make sure it's documented as a lost time injury. Sometimes UPS has to be forced to do the right thing.

Indecisi0n

You must be new . Hate to break it to you but you'll never get AC in a package car . Between having the doors open and being in and out so often it wouldn't even make sense . All it would do is promote drivers sitting in their package cars longer to try and cool down .

*But if you have the toughest set in the building you might have a chance .

Integrity

Binge Poster
You must be new . Hate to break it to you but you'll never get AC in a package car . Between having the doors open and being in and out so often it wouldn't even make sense . All it would do is promote drivers sitting in their package cars longer to try and cool down .

Disagree.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Here’s an idea, ask a FedEx Ground driver. They have package cars like ours and most closely do the same level of work. Most of their package cars have AC and most all say that other then the drive to and from the delivery area, that the AC is almost useless.

MostHelpNeeded

Here’s an idea, ask a FedEx Ground driver. They have package cars like ours and most closely do the same level of work. Most of their package cars have AC and most all say that other then the drive to and from the delivery area, that the AC is almost useless.

Do you work somewhere that gets cold in the winter? The heater in your personal car works a lot better than the one in your package car, but you still use it, right? Thought so.

Let's not spread misinformation.

542thruNthru

Do you work somewhere that gets cold in the winter? The heater in your personal car works a lot better than the one in your package car, but you still use it, right? Thought so.

I use the same line everyone uses on people that live in high cost areas.

Then move!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Dude. If it blows cold air, it would be a positive thing. I hear that all the time; “doors are open so it wouldn’t even be effective.” BS!!! Every one of us have had times when we’ve been pushed to the absolute limit when it comes to the heat. If you’re THAT hot then blowing ac in the cab WILL help cool you down. To what extent? Who cares!!!! Just a couple minutes sorting with the doors shut and ac cranked would be amazing on those terrible days. Even if it’s just temporary relief, it’s still relief!!!!

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!

Crazy you’d say that.....the center of the earth doesn’t heat up as well as the heaters in our package cars. I’m pretty sure they’re heated by lava.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Dude. If it blows cold air, it would be a positive thing. I hear that all the time; “doors are open so it wouldn’t even be effective.” BS!!! Every one of us have had times when we’ve been pushed to the absolute limit when it comes to the heat. If you’re THAT hot then blowing ac in the cab WILL help cool you down. To what extent? Who cares!!!! Just a couple minutes sorting with the doors shut and ac cranked would be amazing on those terrible days. Even if it’s just temporary relief, it’s still relief!!!!
I’m not saying AC wouldn’t be nice, it’s just that the benefits are a bit blown out of proportion.

MostHelpNeeded

Crazy you’d say that.....the center of the earth doesn’t heat up as well as the heaters in our package cars. I’m pretty sure they’re heated by lava.

I'll admit that the newer trucks are much better in that regard, but nice deflection lol Either way, I think you can understand that the second you stop and open the door, the heat immediately disappears. Yet you still bother to use it.

Saying we stop and open the doors so often, the truck would never heat up is just as valid argument to ditch the heater is it not?

bowhnterdon

I used to feel that way.UPS is having a more and more difficult time filing even 22.4 jobs. Tell a millennial how much you will make doing the job and you get “Ok,but what about A/C and getting home earlier “. Eventually,The cost of trying to get people will be to much.We had 2 picked up on route by their friends,maybe their Mom,saying friend this....

thecamel

A lot of you must have your letters in. You sound like a bunch of damn fools. A/C in the package cars, my left door stays closed. If I have any distance to my next stop then the right door will also close. It would be a tremendous help. A/C on!!

thecamel

Driving package cars while the heater is busted. It even gets cold enough here in the South to ice over the inside of a windshield periodically. Not a fun day at all. A/C on!!

Future

Victory Ride
Driving package cars while the heater is busted. It even gets cold enough here in the South to ice over the inside of a windshield periodically. Not a fun day at all. A/C on!!
7CA20DAA-3387-4A40-928B-0096B316D4B3.gif

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
A lot of you must have your letters in. You sound like a bunch of damn fools. A/C in the package cars, my left door stays closed. If I have any distance to my next stop then the right door will also close. It would be a tremendous help. A/C on!!
Of course any AC would help....ventilation in the bulk area would be worth its weight in gold. With that said you act like our cabs/trucks are a perfectly sealed ecosystem. Hell I have a new 8 and it sounds like I’m reentering the earth’s atmosphere when I’m on the freeway. It leaks when it rains and has more air whistling in then you could imagine.